The Buzz on Maggie Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Why???

kitendoc

[1]Nov 23, 2005
    • level: 25
    Why do most people hate TBOM? I mean, if they hated it, why not just watch a few episodes of this show and give it a chance instead of assuming it would be bad?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Musica535

[2]Nov 26, 2005
    • level: 5
    I just hope they don't get rid of it.

GameGuy08

[3]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 6
    kitendoc wrote:
    Why do most people hate TBOM? I mean, if they hated it, why not just watch a few episodes of this show and give it a chance instead of assuming it would be bad?

I did attempt to watch an episode.

And I hated it. Very much. Like I said in my review, it is VERY unoriginal other than it's all flies (WOW! How interesting!)
    The voice acting is bad, the cliches and stereotypes they used is overused constantly. Overall it's just bad, and I can't see how anyone past the age of 5 can stand this show, unless they have the brain and attention span of one.

Margaretthem

[4]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 2
    GameGuy08 wrote:
    The voice acting is bad, the cliches and stereotypes they used is overused constantly. Overall it's just bad

this is so funny because that is EXACTLY how I feel about the majority of your reviews, GameGuy! What a coincidence!

and by the way, the very fact that you feel the NEED to "review" a show that IS geared for children and somehow imply that it was supposed to be anything else, shows how sad your little world is.

but if being a tv.com "critic" somehow makes you feel a little more important in this big world, then you have at it. there are two kinds of people in the world. people who DO it, and people who critique it. i would much rather be someone who DOES it. and that's what the "Buzz On Magie" creators did. they actually DID something creative and funny and interesting, not just sit on their you-know-what on their computer and type half-baked, sad critiques on some message board.

long live the creators of THE BUZZ ON MAGGIE. and to those like Game Guy who actually spend their lives "critiquing" kid's shows -- get a LIFE!

DPhanatic13

[5]Dec 11, 2005
    • level: 5
    Yeah Margaratthem! Lol. Powerful!
    Anyways, I don't think TBOM should be ended. It's an awesome show. I admit I watch this show 50% for the voice of Aldrin (who is the voice of my beloved Danny on Danny Phantom), but I totally watch this show for the other 50% for the show. It's amazing and incredibly unique. A fly utopia? Well, hardly a utopia, but you get the point.
    And also, if you don't like TBOM, why did you come here? Critique it, but with respect please. ;-)

magandjrod

[6]Dec 16, 2005
    • level: 13
    What I'm going to say has largely been previously said already. First off, don't like the show? Don't bother coming to this message board and start off with something like "This show is so moronic''. Obviously, the people who come unto these boards appreciate or at least are intrigued by the show enough to read and write about it. All you're going to do with your approach is provoke a lengthy and tedious name calling session rather than the cathartic debate you claim you were hoping for. Don't like the show? Complain to your spouse, friends, co-workers, boss, neighbor, kids, pet...the list goes on and on. Maybe send a letter to the producers or Disney. Write something for the local paper. I don't know, why don't you surprise me instead of employing the approach millions do whenever they find something they dislike i.e. go to tv.com or the Buzz on maggie thread and post something under the heading "OMFG... _______ sucks. You all are idiots for watching it". Hopefully you see what I'm getting at.

Would you like it if a show basher came to a forum to a show you love and start posting pointless topics like "this show sucks" or something? No a very nice thing to experence then you'd end up in a forum arguement then most likely get your account frozen if the situation is too much to handle. Of course show bashing is more of a little kid thing.... I think its too immature.

darklordavaitor

[7]Dec 22, 2005
    • level: 21
    it's alright,but needs less maggie-themed episodes.

misspuar

[8]Jan 6, 2006
    • level: 3
    I agree that the Maggie-only episodes are the weaksest. TBOM seems to work best an an "ensemble cast" where humor can be derived from the Pesky siblings interacting with each other (Pupert works well as a "foil" to Maggie's schemes by combining cuteness with foresight- cleverly snitching on her in 'Slumber Party' by placing the photos where they could easily be seen as opposed to direct tattling; Aldrin in contrast best serves punchlines with his oblivious nature- cheerfully proclaiming that he wants to "see if Santa came" even after Maggie explains the family XMas celebration is all a ruse)
    Aside from the under-use of some family members, I find the show to be an enjoyable one that improves with repeated viewings.

sunny_1617

[9]Jan 7, 2006
    • level: 4
    Probably because it isn't that original and they think just because it looks bad it is actually bad. Well for me, its a decent show, its not too perfect and its not too bad. I just think they need to add a little more creativeness to this show than just maggie wanting to have fun and fit in. Its basically the same school stereotypes, but with a fly as the main character.

Fekul_the_Baby

[10]Jan 14, 2006
    • level: 15
    There's a glaring inconsistency that bugs me (no pun intended) every time I watch the show. Flies have no teeth, you see--remember Jeff Goldblum as Brundlefly in the Fly remake? They liquify their food outside of their mouths by vomiting a stream of acid on it and then sucking it up with retractable mouthparts after it's dissolved. In one episode Maggie demonstrates this. (The science of fly digestion could have been explained a bit better, however--they don't put the E/I in the corner of the screen for their health, you know.) However, in at least two other episodes, they simply put the food in their mouths and chew normally.

WBMike

[11]Jan 17, 2006
    • level: 7
    Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    There's a glaring inconsistency that bugs me (no pun intended) every time I watch the show. Flies have no teeth, you see--remember Jeff Goldblum as Brundlefly in the Fly remake? They liquify their food outside of their mouths by vomiting a stream of acid on it and then sucking it up with retractable mouthparts after it's dissolved. In one episode Maggie demonstrates this. (The science of fly digestion could have been explained a bit better, however--they don't put the E/I in the corner of the screen for their health, you know.) However, in at least two other episodes, they simply put the food in their mouths and chew normally.

lol cute observation. I think it would be disturbing if they umm stayed realistic.

Well going back to topic, I gave this show a chance but I just felt unsatisfied. Luckily I don't hate her. haha. Umm the point is every show needs positive and negative reviews, its important for the writers to understand what their fans like and want more of. I like reading reviews and posts. I just like seeing how other people view a show. Its just entertainment for me when i'm sick and bored. What we have with this show is Macromedia Flash, Now online flash is cool but used on TV i just feel like its just a slap in the face to animation fans. Its just that we're just used to a certain standard in cartoons and flash cartoons most often go below it. LoL the most wierdest thing is why cartoons in 1990s are so highly detailed compared to shows now. Its funny if you think about it.

prankster00

[12]Sep 6, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 09/06/2006 2:49pm

prankster00

[13]Sep 6, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 09/06/2006 6:52pm

kerfootw

[14]Sep 7, 2006
    • level: 14
    Worst Disney cartoon ever!  Glad it's over!

west13

[16]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 10
    ShaqF91 wrote:

I can easily say that I lament over this show's cancellation- but what is the point? It sucked. My review if you can find it on this website, says it all. I still did, I'll admit, watch this show no matter how bad I felt deep down it was, but... it was... a bad show, overall.

I know stupider shows on CN and Nick that are far superior than this, and fate will have it they get cancelled, too. Then I'll really be pissed.

Either way, it's best the obselete go  (shows like this) before they humiliate themselves and those better than them.

This is the ultimate cycle of the human race's destiny, before it's extinction at the hands of God- repent before that time comes, and furthermore, avoid the obselecence of shows like this...

I Isssue this truth and warning to all other shows I feel, especially cartoons, that must be cancelled in order to save the media world from its satanic fate: I will not say names, but trust me, media world, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

F91- I fight until I die for better media in our society.

You know what, you're so childish! You never realized that this show is better than those idiotic shows (specially, Simpsons, & other shows which can destroy our mind!). And you said that you'll fight for better media in our society? You mean for worst & hellish media in our society!

west13 - I'll fight to save the media world from it's hellish fate!

buckmana

[18]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 14
    I'm hard to impress.

And this is on the list of my favorite shows.

This is my list of Disney shows I like:

Kim Possible.
    Jake Long: American Dragon.
    Lilo and Stitch.
    The Little Mermaid.
    The Buzz on Maggie.
    Dave The Barbarian.

Considering the sheer amount of shows Disney has released, it looks like only the best make it onto my list.

This actually did have an effect on watching this show. In the past, I didn't watch it because I assumed it was another one of Disney's lame mass-produced shows.

Then, one day, I decided to watch an episode. I should be kicking myself for not watching it before.