The Buzz on Maggie

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

gideonbernstein

The Buzz on Maggie Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• Quit Being so Negative About This Show!!!

I think this show is really good. I love to watch that show. It's makes me feel so warm I even draw lots of pictures of Maggie and her friends. The friendship, family... In the show is full of love. I always wait to see it on Weekdays. I hope that Disney Channel will make more episodes of this show and maybe make a long movie. I know somebody hate this show but I hope that Disney will continue on making this show because its story is good for education, relaxing, etc... The friendship in The Buzz on Maggie is so nice. Maggie and her friends sometimes argue with each other but they always say sorry and then they become friends again. I love this show and I will keep watching it until the last episode!!! (This show must exist until the end...)
  • wow everything good about it but the episodes are bad.......

7.2
    well i love the theme song, idea, amine style but come on the way the episodes are writen its bad hafe the part of making a good show is the episodes they really need to improve how the write there episodes its soo mean a giving a wrong message this is not what you do when you have a prombelem like that man they really need to fix this show this is about a girl who wierd but she likes it and she lives in a bug world seems cool but the episodes are bad lol thanks for reading my reviews look for my other reviews lol
  • It has its moments.

This show is pretty good. It tends to have a couple of funny moments that make me laugh. Although I think the writers could do a little better with their storylines and character developments. But for the most part, the show itself is good. Not the best, but not bad, nor in the "middle" area either....
  • Let us all get our fly swatters to crush this show for existince.

What's worser then having a show with all the basic teenage life repeated over and over again? It's a show that features basic teenage life... in a fictional way. The Buzz On Maggie is yet another show to excuse the mess for what Disney has in its stores since. We have flies living in a human like world deep down of where we can squish them way down to death and letting us know the true meaning of the little monsters. Instead , we get...

1. Teenager who's life is choked by popularity and boys
    2. Relatives who are freakin' annoying
    3. Parents that are sometimes stupider then a Mickey Mouse Noob
    4. Plot use of a hundred

At least the show is cancelled now and hope that this show can make Disney retrace its steps once and for all. I mean why would you want to watch a show that features creepy crawlers as of what flies can't die until 24 hours. This can eaisly be a short review because of how it's terrible and only 1 out of 10 of a score can be made. Did I mention that this is made in Macromedia Flash?
  • I don't believe what you guys are all saying!!! I absolutely LOVE this show. my only problem with it is that I never get to watch it because the show it whenever im not around. I think this show is awesome.

I don't believe what you guys are all saying!!! I absolutely LOVE this show. my only problem with it is that I never get to watch it because the show it whenever im not around. I think this show is awesome. If i had the time ...I'd probably sit around in front of the tv whenever it was on. No offense to anybody that disagrees with me but i personaly think that this is one of the best animated shows that disney channel has. It's better then The emperors new school or American Dragon. I really don't see any entertainment in either if those.
  • Disney you eeeeeeediots!!

Please make it go away. It would ruin Disney channel as we all know it. I mean please. A bug name Maggie (gross) is the star of the show who lives in the town of Stickyfeet. I wish mankind goes over Stickyfeet and stomps it to dust that'll be my wish if a genie grants me three wishes. Stay away from this show.
  • Maggie is a teen fly and along with her best friend, they run into crazy situations in their little town of flies.

5.2
    In my opinion, this show is lame. The plots are normal human plots, but the show looks dumber because the characters are flies, and they're ugly and small. No kid wants to watch a show about ugly flies that are "just like you", as Disney says. Because the characters are flies, it loses attention and is viewed as a baby show, so no kids above the age of 6 will watch it, and the little kids below 6 will not understand the plots because Maggie is a teenager fly. Therefore, nobody ends up watching this show.
  • This show is decent

7.6
    I think the buzz on maggie, is a pretty good show. Its not all that well written however and many perents think it is gross for kids to watch. But besides all that, this show is pretty funny, but I dont think it is making it as far as disney might have hoped. It has a nice theme song, and some of the spisodes teach good things. I think they need to take this show either one way or the other though and make it a funy show, or an educatinal kids show. Either way, it still will need a lot of work to reach the top of its game.
  • This show is kind of interesting.

I disagree with the other review. I honestly like Naturally, Sadie better and would rather watch that instead. The only positive things about this show is that Jessica Diciccio does a great job of being Maggie, she's a rock star and Skye Sweetnam sings the theme song. But I think The Emperor's New School is WAY better and more funnier and interesting. Just for the record Jessica Diciccio is also the voice of Malina and I prefer Malina over Maggie. I'm sorry if I'm making you fans angry. I just think of this as something to watch when I'm bored.
  • Not a bad show, heck, at least it's better than "Naturally, Sadie".

I've watched this show a couple of times, and I've found it quite funny. I guess what I like about this show is that this little fly, called Maggie, always ends up in trouble. Think about it, she's not like most Disney characters, where they all are extremely successful at everything. Maggie is not like them, she gets into major trouble, she is very outspoken and gets in trouble for it, she always ends up grounded or punished in some way or another.

Another character I like is Pupert, Maggie's younger brother. He is also very funny and awkward. Like most little brothers, Pupert makes a living by tatle telling on his brother and sister.
  • Too much clutter

This show has clever character designs, but the designs and backgrounds have too much going on at once. Another Disney show that lacks majorly. This show will not last long on TV. The story and plots are faily original, but the animation is a new form, that just really is not that good. The characters are mainly like any other show, and some you get real annoyed at. I would not really take the time to watch this show, you'll find yoruself preferbly watching the stock reports.
  • This show is funny but kind of dumb because their fly's.

This show is funny but sometimes I think why fly's. We want to kill fly's all the time. This show is verry funny specially when Maggies brother picks on her. I like it when they all get in big trouble. I like to see them get yelled at and grounded.
  • Maggie is not your regular kid- shes a fly!

This show has its ups and downs. Some of the episodes are a little bit boring, but some are pretty funny and are fun to watch! Pupert is my favorite character. He is really cute and funny. I wish he was the main character, it probably would make the show better. But Maggie is still good.
  • the show is ok it's not the wrost show on disney channel it's not funny but it makes u whant to see what will happen next........

5.5
    the show is ok it's not the wrost show on disney channel it's not funny but it makes u whant to see what will happen next........ also the show has famous voices on the show and the little borther she has i think he is gay lol cause he always talk about princesses and things ( that is not with boys talk about ) also the show is not the highteset ranked shows but it will do
  • Just like every other Disney Channel show...except with flies.

The Buzz on Maggie is a show about Maggie Pesky, a fly that lives in a place called Stickyfeet. She's just like a normal girl, except she's a fly. She lives the normal tweenage girl life, and has problems .

Like I said, the plot is unoriginal. The show is centered around flies, which I'm not too fond of. The theme song is great, though. Whenever it tries to be funny, it fails. The characters don't even seem to change, meaning no character development, IMO. The characters seem to be copies off of other shows, too. It occasionaly has a good moment, though. Just my opinions, though.
    3/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • way underapreciated (if you like the buzz on maggie agree with this review)

I love this show but at the same time can understand why others dont because some of the episodes stink out loud. but in the long run this shows episodes are a majority of great ones and i think it has great potential. i have heard that it might be cancelled but i think it should be given a second chance because most shows always get better like thats so raven and kim possible two of the most popular shows on disney channel so all i can say is that maggie deserves to keep buzzing on to our screens .
  • While channel surfing, I came upon this very cute cartoon, and it's now a favorite!

Well, look at me! I'm watching cartoons! I came upon this animated show while channel surfing, and my niece yelled STOP! We watched this program together, and it is very cute! I've even made a point to TiVo it and watch it myself now. The characters are adorable, and most importantly, funny. Which is more than you can say for most sitcoms today! The little stories are like little fables, with Maggie being the adolescent girl coming to terms with her individuality, despite the complications thrown in by her teachers, parents and brothers. It's altogether a wonderful animated program by Walt Disney!
  • Funniest cartoon on Disney Channel in a LONG time

I just became a fan of this show. I heard about it from a friend of mine and then I watched it for the first time a couple weeks ago. it was the episode about Maggie and Rayna going trick or treating for Halloween and Aldrin didn't believe they could get the King Chocolate Bar. I laughed way out loud at the show and now I can't miss it. Pupert is a funny little brother and is like my little brother. SAD! Ha ha ha ha! But it's a great show and you'll love it when you watch it. They show it on Saturday morning on regular TV too (not cable) which is great for my cousins who don't have cable. I love The Buzz on Maggie and hope I see a lot more episodes soon!
  • Another futile attempt from Disney to be "cool"

0.0
    Disney currently is trying to be categorized as "cool" and this show proves that they are trying too hard. We've all seen shows like it featuring a teenager (mostly a girl) struggling through daily life, love and school and they've failed at lasting less than 3 seasons (I'm looking at you, Lizzie Mcguire, That's So Raven, etc)
  • Fun and cool

I still have not seen many episodes of the show, but for the few ones I have seen, I think the show is good, maybe lacks in originality, Disney lately have showed many shows based in teenagers and their problems, but the show is fun, and Maggie's Theme really rocks.
  • The Buzz on Maggie may be a bit out there as scenarios go, but if you give it a chance it ends up actually being a pretty funny show.

The Buzz on Maggie is a good show. It's easy to be turned off because of it's unusual scenario, "fly world." But the scenario gives the show room to joke about whatver it pleases. Maggie, though a fly, is more or less a young girl that struggles to deal with strict parents, a bullying brother, and an over-eager little brother. Her schemes for thwarting her brothers and getting to hang with her freinds can really be funny. Even though the show can be predictable at times it still provides a laugh. The plot of the show is easy to follow and even if you don't care for the genre giving the show a chance won't be a waste of time, and you'll probably learn to love it.
  • Another Disney teen show... move along, move along...

3.1
    The Buzz on Maggie... I never really thought it had much potential, even beofre it began airing. When I watched it, it confirmed my suspicions, and later episodes have done nothing to change that. I could just tell what it was.... *don, don, don*... another Disney teen show!

The Buzz on Maggie is simply another mass produced teen show with one major twist to make it appear unique or whatever. In this show's case, it's the fact that everyone is a fly. To be totally honest, except for some (bad) jokes and the whole town background (it's made out of old litter) the fly thing doesn't have much impact on the story. The show could just have easily been about a bunch of humans. Maggie, the main character, gets in typical, average teen problems, whith normal, yawn-inducing solutions. The plots, for the most part, have all been done a thousand times before. I shouldn't have to ell you guys about this. You know the drill with teen plots. Get a job, sneak into an R-like movie, get a pet, and all that. It doesn't even put an original spin or any quality humor into the show.

The voice acting is actually pretty good, I got no complaints here. The actual characters, however, are just cardboard clones. They've all been done a million times before. Overproective parents, obnoxious siblings, sidekick friend, happy main character... Maggie is probably the most original character in the show, but that isn't saying much. There's nothing special about any of the characters.

The Buzz on Maggie feels just like another teen show. Can't say it any better than that. Disney's lineup, already ridiculously choked with unoriginal teen shows- seriously, take a look, it's insane- can just add The Buzz on Maggie to their pile. Hey, at least it's animation... at least that's something slightly different...
  • It can be Okay, sometimes...

3.9
    I've watched this show and it's not that great, but it's better than a few show's Dinsey's got on air! I like the brother, he's pretty cool and the stories can be pretty shitty sometimes, but overall it's an okay show that's a littel bit too kiddy for the teen crowd
  • The movie episode was good, but as the series went on, it just got worse and worse.

3.6
    This show is about a bunch of flies living in the fly metropolis of Stickyfeet, located in the garbage dump. Go back! Why are they flies? Even if they are, this show has almost no originality whatsoever. It's just like every teen show, there's a girl/boy who has a couple of friends. They aren't popular and they have a crush on a popular boy/girl. They go through everyday life, blah, blah, blah. They have overprotective parents, blah, blah, blah. They just talk, trying to be funny, blah, blah, blah. If the people writing the scripts made the show more like the movie episode, I'd give the show at least a 6.5 in the ratings. But they have to stoop to the level of the other totally boring shows. Disney Channel, you have once again failed in the animation department.
  • The buzz on maggie rocks!

The buzz on maggie is 1 great show. I just can't stop laughing to this show. I mean every time i watch the episode, it's so funny. God this show rocks. Abd to all those who hate it, shame on u. I like maggie in the show. She's so awsome. She always got something in her head and Somoetimes it works or sometimes it doesn't, but either way, her thoughts are funny. It's Fantatious!!!!!!
  • Clearly one of the worst shows on Disney Channel.

3.2
    Honest to God, I gave this show a chance. I sat through, and watch this show about five times. Each time I grew more weary. Now I can make my final judgement; THIS SHOW SUCKS.

You'd think this would be creative would be creative, but it's not. The Buzz on Maggie is about Maggie (big Duh there), an 11-year old free spirit, but that's as far as it goes. They start using the same thing that we've seen on almost EVERY kids show. Maggie isn't the most popular, she isn't rich, she's just your average kid. Been there, done that. Strike 1.

The voice acting is mediocre at best. None of the characters stand out more than the others. But, you'd think with the voicing talents Cree Summer and Tara Strong would carry this show, but they don't. So, Strike 2.

Now being a Disney Cartoon, I'd expect a lot of humor. Well I thought wrong. NONE of the characters are funny. Though the characters try to be funny, they fail miserably at it. So, strike 3.

Really, I tried so hard to like this show. But nothing could prevent it from sucking.
  • Go Maggie go!

I don't know why I I this show, it's just that enjoy watching these kind of things. Like Lizzie MuGurie, Amercian Dragom, Brandy and Mr. Whiskers, and That's So Raven. I'm just attached to these kiand of stuff. Even then seem stupid I really enjoy these shows. Just don't judge me!
  • Maggie "bugs" me. Another unimaginative attempt at "Spongebob Squarepants".

This show is clearly influenced by Spongebob, but not enough to make it a hit.
    First off, let's look at the characters.
    The main character of the show is a little fly named Maggie.
    She is everything you wouldn't want your kid to be, the kind of kid that babysitters run from.
    She'll ditch her friends, ditch her family...etc to get what she happens to want in that episode.
    Then she has a change of heart and tries to make it right, but is it too little too late?
    Next up is her best friend, Rayna.
    She is the token minority of the show, played by none other than Cree Summer...big surprise.
    You know her, if it's an annoying-as-hell supporting character it's most likely her.
    She has lent her talents to many shows including Rugrats, All Grown Up, Kids Next Door, and Animaniacs to name a few.
    Rayna is basically the same as all of the other characters Cree Summer plays, loud and annoying.
    The other characters are so poorly developed that they have no personality to review, they simply serve to further the plot.
    Now let's take a look at the other elements of the show.
    The plots are interesting and it's a shame that they're never allowed to reach their full potential.
    The animation is a treat, very well done.
    The show is cute, plain and simple...put Maggie on a shirt and you have the next Hello Kitty.
    The world they live in is inventive, but this is never fully taken advantage of and even if it was that's not enough to carry the entire show.
    This show had potential, but it's fallen short of my expectations.
  • I love this show!

This is a great Disney channel show! I am so happy that they made this show. I LOVE this show. Oh and look its on right now! This show is a great show for anytime of the day! My most FAVORITE character has to be good ol' Pupert or Pupy! LOL! I love his voice and the way he acts!
  • Flies have never been so entertaining.

5.6
    Hm. I'll say it. The Buzz on Maggie is NOT the perfect show. It's a tad childish and I personally don't see much significance in many of the episodes. But if you're sad and need a laugh, or just plain bored, "Maggie" is a pretty good source for a little comedy. The humor is cheerful and cute, although a bit predictable and/or cheesy at times. But it's still funny, nontheless.
1 2 3