The Buzz on Maggie

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

gideonbernstein

The Buzz on Maggie Fan Reviews (88)

• Can somebody hand me a fly swatter?

From the moment I saw this show, I knew it wasn't going to go anywhere and had no future. The Buzz on Maggie follows the misadventures of Maggie Pesky, a fly, as she tries to live a normal teenage life and be cool. The story itself is just unoriginal and trust me when I say that that's the least of this show's problems. The characters all suck in this show. No one is given development at all and everyone is stereotypical. The older brother (can't remember name) is generic jock and jerk to younger siblings. Maggie herself is flat and shallower than a puddle of water. Pubert is annoying little brother. The parents are idiots and way too protective. The list goes on. As for the stories, they are all bland. One example is Maggie going to see an R-rated movie and being scared, or Maggie going with the in crowd and being popular and abandoning her best friend and feeling bad about it. Nothing is new to this show and nothing is original. The artwork is OK in this show, but nothing special, but I did find the character designs to be decent and the sets were pretty good. The animation is also OK, but it does get stiff once in a while. There was never a laugh to be found in this show. I never smiled, smirked, or even give a weak chuckle to the humor this show was attempting to bring. The Buzz on Maggie is just another bad teen show that never stood a chance, and the only redeeming value was that it got canceled in a year. Ironically, when I saw the intro to this show, the first thing it showed was a dump. That's where this show should have stayed, in the dump, not be brought on TV. I do apologize in advance to those who like this show, but for everyone else make like a fly and fly away from this show and never look back on it.