The Campbells

(ended 1989)

The Campbells Fan Reviews (2)

6.4
  • I can see how some people say that there are problems with The Campbells but I personally think that it is still very enjoyable.

I can see how some people say that there are problems with The Campbells but I personally think that it is still very enjoyable. It's nowhere near some of the other shows that I've watched lately but it's just because those were particularly good not that The Campbells was particularly bad. Recommended if you have time to spare.
  • Show about a widowed doctor & his children in Upper Canada.

This show was one of my favourites all the way through. I'm so glad it's on LoneStar so that I can watch it over again! The cast was well suited to period drams (I wonder if Malcolm Stoddard & Cedric Smith being together on this show had anything to do with being together later on in another Canadian series?) and brought the way of life of that time period to life very well. When you think about it, the Campbell family was actually quite progressive in the way they saw the world for that time, although Emma, as the only female in the home, did do most of the housework (typical for that time).

It's good, clean, wholesome entertainment, which I really appreciate, especially in this day & age when there's so much out there that's dreadfully full of stuff that children shouldn't be seeing.