The Cape (1997)

(ended 1997)

The Cape (1997) Fan Reviews (2)

• THE CAPE, like I DREAM OF JEANNIE, had to take a few liberties with the real NASA story, but that did not keep me from enjoying the wonderful acting, writing and production of this short-lived series.

Real ASCANS (AStronaut CANdidateS), do not spend most of their time living andtrainingon the Florida Space Coast as thefictionalASCANS did in THE CAPE. I was told by THE CAPE insiders that the Florida shooting location was an advantageous location for these series for more than just budget reasons.

For one, Kennedy Space Center was the place where the launches, the most visible and most spectacular Shuttle mission events occur. Second, the KSC area has far superior external scenery in comparison to Houston and the other locales where various NASA installations are located. The beaches, alligator-filled estuaries, launch pads, cozy bars, and other sites on the Space Coast looktantalizingly stunning in every episode of this series.

Each episode has more than a small dose of soap-opera flavor and the excellent casting made it easy to fall in love with the ensemble of surprisingly vulnerable, yet super-smart characters. I was amazed at how quickly the actors in THE CAPE established the personalities and quirks of each character.

THE CAPE is not science-fiction and it is not a technology-drenched geek-fest. THE CAPE is quality entertainment. What a shame that this wonderful series was cancelled before most of the world discovered it.

• I had a good laugh out of watching The CapeW. In fact, not that the show was particularly humorous but there was something special, something unique that brought a smile to my face when I watched this.

I had a good laugh out of watching The CapeW. In fact, not that the show was particularly humorous but there was something special, something unique that brought a smile to my face when I watched this. Definitely one of the highlights of my television experience this month.I love this movie very much!!!