The Cape Forums

NBC (ended 2011)

Is this a joke?

bigo93

[21]Jan 18, 2011
    • level: 6

ATLReppa770 wrote:

Seriously, can ANYONE honestly tell me they're not watching this ONLY because of Summer Glau?

Yes

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ATLReppa770

[22]Jan 18, 2011
    • level: 3
    bigo93 wrote:

ATLReppa770 wrote:

Seriously, can ANYONE honestly tell me they're not watching this ONLY because of Summer Glau?

Yes

You mean no. Are you saying you do NOT watch this show ONLY because of Summer, and that you actually DO enjoy what gets displayed across your TV screen at 9 on NBC?

Vicheron

[23]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 1

I think the show is inspired by the old pulp magazines and radio dramas like "The Shadow" and "Buck Rogers." It's mostly sensationalist fluff that you're not suppose to take very seriously. Unfortunately, this show doesn't have the ridiculous cliff hangers those old radio dramas had.

FoxMulder27

[24]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 5
    Sorry "Buffy the vampire slayer" ????!!!!
    Ok, if this is so, than "The Cape" is a great show.

dragon22a

[25]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 32

At first I was a bit hesitant but I am actually starting to like the show. I wish the cape was not super powered though. I would have rather that the show be grounded more in reality and that Vince was using his skills and training. the vanishing into smoke is fine given that it is just a trick, but the cape whipping around and restracting is a bit off.

The mystery surrounding Orwell and Chess could have been handled differently. They could have left little clues like Orwell dancing and the music box without actually showing it like they did. They could have strung that mystery out for a while. I knew that they would have Glau dancing sooner or later. Every role has her dancing in at least one episode, even when she was a terminator.

The kid has to go but the wife seems to be at least interesting. The former friend who betrayed Vince has to be taken down soon though. You would think that Vince would at least leave clues for his wife not to trust the guy.

I look at it this way, at least it is a new story. It is not adapting anything from comics so there is no established mythos to deal with. The show can go anywhere. It is an original superhero series which is a rare thing. The last ones I can remember was Nightman, The Crow series, and MANTIS. But this series may have a chance because Superheroes are really popular today.

ATLReppa770

[26]Jan 20, 2011
    dragon22a wrote:

At first I was a bit hesitant but I am actually starting to like the show. I wish the cape was not super powered though. I would have rather that the show be grounded more in reality and that Vince was using his skills and training. the vanishing into smoke is fine given that it is just a trick, but the cape whipping around and restracting is a bit off.

The mystery surrounding Orwell and Chess could have been handled differently. They could have left little clues like Orwell dancing and the music box without actually showing it like they did. They could have strung that mystery out for a while. I knew that they would have Glau dancing sooner or later. Every role has her dancing in at least one episode, even when she was a terminator.

The kid has to go but the wife seems to be at least interesting. The former friend who betrayed Vince has to be taken down soon though. You would think that Vince would at least leave clues for his wife not to trust the guy.

I look at it this way, at least it is a new story. It is not adapting anything from comics so there is no established mythos to deal with. The show can go anywhere. It is an original superhero series which is a rare thing. The last ones I can remember was Nightman, The Crow series, and MANTIS. But this series may have a chance because Superheroes are really popular today.

I agree with everything EXCEPT the first and last two sentences.

OrangePuck

[27]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 1
    I'm calling it right now. This show doesn't last past the 6-8 episodes. Just finished watching it and it's quite possibly the worst hour of television I have seen that I can remember. Almost gave up on it at the 27 minute mark when it hit me...if I don't finish it what else is there to watch? The morning news? Terrible acting. Aiming at a demographic that existed 70 years ago. The cast flat out sucks. To many things happening at once made it feel disjointed. Just plain awful.

jack756

[28]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 14
    OrangePuck wrote:
    I'm calling it right now. This show doesn't last past the 6-8 episodes. Just finished watching it and it's quite possibly the worst hour of television I have seen that I can remember. Almost gave up on it at the 27 minute mark when it hit me...if I don't finish it what else is there to watch? The morning news? Terrible acting. Aiming at a demographic that existed 70 years ago. The cast flat out sucks. To many things happening at once made it feel disjointed. Just plain awful.
    i really disagree with u .i dont feel like defending the show b/c wen it first came out thats all i did i get tired of repeating myself but i dont agree wit u.. i see the cape finish all of it 13eps.

bigo93

[29]Feb 1, 2011

ATLReppa770 wrote:
    bigo93 wrote:

ATLReppa770 wrote:

Yes

You mean no. Are you saying you do NOT watch this show ONLY because of Summer, and that you actually DO enjoy what gets displayed across your TV screen at 9 on NBC?

I did not even know Summer Glau was in this show until her first scene. So no I am not watching just just because she is in it, but we've seen her in great shows that have been cancelled, which is a shame, am hoping the same does not happen here as this is a great show imo.

Like others have said I think this is mainly for us older guys who liked to watch the old Batman series with Adam West, it;s funny entertaining, got its twists ans turn, a little corny, etc etc, but I think this is what makes the show great. Others are just jumping to conclusions because they do not appreciate the classics.

FoxMulder27

[30]Feb 2, 2011

After all, I´ll be canceled after 10 episodes. Sorry!

ATLReppa770

[31]Feb 4, 2011
    FoxMulder27 wrote:

And, now that it's been confirmed, it's most likely inevitable. I TOLD YOU ALL (though, anyone could have predicted that).

Bytor65

[32]Feb 15, 2011

ATLReppa770 wrote:

I watched the Pilot and second episode. It had nothing to do with Summer. I give most SciFi shows a chance.

But this was just silly/lame. I stopped watching immediately and apparently so did everyone except extreme comic nerds. The last rating I saw was a 1.3 18-49. That is a drop dead type number.

Cranky_Old_Batt

[33]Feb 19, 2011
    Yes.

Which one is she?

antdude

[34]Feb 21, 2011
    • level: 27
    ATLReppa770 wrote:
    FoxMulder27 wrote:

And, now that it's been confirmed, it's most likely inevitable. I TOLD YOU ALL (though, anyone could have predicted that).
    Is it confirmed yet? I know NBC cut it down.

Writerpatrick

[35]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 13
    It appears that it's been cut down again. It looks as if episode 10 won't be airing, although it's a little early to say for certain. It's not uncommon with canceled series to be dropped with episodes still to air.

antdude

[36]Feb 28, 2011
    Writerpatrick wrote:
    It appears that it's been cut down again. It looks as if episode 10 won't be airing, although it's a little early to say for certain. It's not uncommon with canceled series to be dropped with episodes still to air.
    NBC said an unaired episode to show online from tonight's episode. Here are my HD screen captures of it:
    http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1728/58657679.jpg
    http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9555/85323085.jpg

mwgfgrey

[37]Mar 1, 2011

I don't know what you all are whining about. I like this show. It may not have the best plot, but I do like it. I'll admit I don't like the child actor who plays his kid, but I'm able to look passed that. They should have cancelled the event, but unfortunately, that's coming back. I like this because the hero is an average guy with a police background and he has morals. I'm a 24 year old male and I'll admit Summer Glau is attractive, but she's not the reason I watch the show. I thought this show was going to be something lame like Hancock or the new Batman. I'm SO glad he doesn't change his voice to sound like an IDIOT on steroids. He's bringing back the old school Michael Keaton Batman style by just keeping his normal voice.

jack756

[38]Mar 2, 2011
    • level: 14
    mwgfgrey wrote:

I don't know what you all are whining about. I like this show. It may not have the best plot, but I do like it. I'll admit I don't like the child actor who plays his kid, but I'm able to look passed that. They should have cancelled the event, but unfortunately, that's coming back. I like this because the hero is an average guy with a police background and he has morals. I'm a 24 year old male and I'll admit Summer Glau is attractive, but she's not the reason I watch the show. I thought this show was going to be something lame like Hancock or the new Batman. I'm SO glad he doesn't change his voice to sound like an IDIOT on steroids. He's bringing back the old school Michael Keaton Batman style by just keeping his normal voice.

i agree with everything u said and im a guy too just turn 20.

antdude

[39]Mar 6, 2011
    jack756 wrote:
    mwgfgrey wrote:

i agree with everything u said and im a guy too just turn 20.
    I am over 35.

KasenStuff

[40]Mar 20, 2011
    You know it just occured to me in episode 9, what this show reminds me of. Dick Tracy. Modern day Dick Tracy. The villains any way.