The Cape

Kozmo

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 17, 2011 on NBC

• pretty ok

I'm starting to get used to the atmosphere of this show. Despite what others think I found the show quite entertaining in it's own way, the story was alert and it had more emphasis on Max and the circus people. i liked the fact that Orwell met them and that she possibly might become a member of the circus, it's always better when there are more important characters. Of course the moment Chess said he had a daughter, at the beginning of the episode, we all knew it was Orwell and even though it's cheesy, having a father as a criminal mastermind gives a darn good reason to become someone like her. In the past I've been disappointed with Orwell's character as it seemed a little fake and flat but today while interacting with the circus crew and the Russian guy, she made her first steps towards becoming a 3 dimensional character. so like any other weapon, used properly, the cape is capable of more than it's new owner knows... I'm not sure if i like the idea of the cape having magic powers but one thing is true, a man owning an extraordinary weapon feels powerful and power corrupts... and for that we don't need magic. but in the end only the writers know what's what.

I'm also starting to like the mother character (forgot her name), I'm glad she tried to ask around for the truth even though she turned with her results to the worst friend possible. Unfortunately the kid is still uninteresting.

What I don't know is just where did the Cape get all that rage from. He almost killed a man and that after the last episode he seemed to be at peace with himself and what he was doing, defeating his desperation. is he going to fight an emotion every episode? this might be an unfortunate thing especially if these strong emotions seem to come out of nowhere (no catalyst involved to produce such a strong response as to throw someone off the bridge)...well, I hope the writers figure it out soon.

the Russian guy was weird, sometimes in a good sense and some others in a bad one... I'm not sure what to think of him (or even if I should think of him at all). for someone who can casually slit 4 people's throats in a couple of seconds (why did he do that???) the setup for the big finale was a little silly.