The Cape

Kozmo

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 17, 2011 on NBC

• An improvement

The Pilot was fun but rushed.
    Tarot had a better pace, but still needed development. Kozmo improved upon the first two, having a centralized pace and focus (not too much moving around), and allowing for a little more development. First off, the focus of the episode was not well...unfocused. It was about the cape (the actual cape), and a little about its history. It didn't try to overwhelm the audience with over five side stories. Also, the cast is showing a little more proficiency and the characters are beginning to show why we should be interested in them. Summer Glau's scenes as Orwell were well done. David Lyons (Vince/The Cape) did better in this episode than the previous two (though it can improve), and Max Malini (Keith David) retained his charm while also developing a little. The minor characters were also not bad.

Better focus, better pace, somewhat better acting. If the show keeps improving steadily (or, as I hope, exponentially), then this show is getting closer to its real potential.

I hope this show is given a chance, for it would be a shame to see such potential go down the drain just because the first 2 or 3 episodes weren't masterpieces.

I'll keep watching.