The Cape

Kozmo

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 17, 2011 on NBC

• Yawn. Boring.

As a Tv.com reviewer said last week, The Cape is ridiculous. Riculous and annoying. After 10 minutes I wanted to switch off. I only tuned in to see if this week would be an improvement. It wasn't. First of all, the premise is weak at best. It would've been way better to start this story in the middle. Flashbacks would've been more interesting, and would've left time to build character and establish the action more quickly. I think the most intersting character in this is probably Tripp Faraday. TO be honest his would be waay more interesting if this was -his- superhero story than his father's. Can you imagine if his father died and he grew up wanting to avenge him. So much more interesting. His wife's story-line is good as well, and the superman in disguise laywer friend adds nice tension to Faraday and his wife's realtionship.

I have to admit though, the villians are pretty good. Killing guys around a poker table with cards? Unrealistic, but smooth, and cool. Waay more cool than the actual Cape itself. Chess is a bit too over the top though, and would be more imposing if he toned it down and his technology just a little.

The carnival is also another used idea. Shades of Heroes make me role my eyes, and I think its unnecessary for all of the carnival folk to be in the shot and 'practising' every time they visit the main tent.

If The Cape has any chance to improve, it needs to lose its cheesy lines, add greater tension, get rid of those ridiculous slides at the start of each act and move further away from the Batman-like storyline.