Harvey Korman

LostFan05

[1]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 5
    I don't know if anybody visits this forum, but do you think Korman's laugh fits in skits with Conway was staged?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AprilFox

[2]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 111
    No I don't think so I seem to remember him saying in an interview that he had a hard time because Tim pulled alot of stunts and pranks.

cuddles3

[3]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    Yeah, Harvey & everyone else used to talk about how Tim would go off-script & add some little phrase or action, & leave everyone biting their tongue/lip/inside of their cheek to keep from laughing! But I do recall a couple of times when Harvey got Tim back, hee hee!

millerem99

[4]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 51
    Does anyone remember the sketch -- maybe it was in a dentist's office, and I think one was making a little Hitler puppet sing "I've been working on the railroad" and the other could not keep a straight face?

HEDLEYJR

[5]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    Iam harvey's Son Chris.My father and Tim are pretty much no longer friends due to many years of backhanded insults and digs to my fathers proffessionalism and personalized atttacks on his humanity .Tim broke my father up because it was a game to him to see if he could break up my dad on purpose.Tim isn't nor has he ever been a team player in the sense that Vicki and lyle Were.I would say even if the writing had been the best Tim would still have gone off script to prove a point.Tbat point is that his ego couldn't stand the fact tbat the show wasn't called the Tim Conway Show.Tim's license plate reads13 weeks because thats how long his shows have lasted.The fact is my dad is far more secure in his talents then Tim is.My dad was far more of team player and could stay within the boundaries of a sketch because he was a more polished and skiled performer then Tim.

HEDLEYJR

[6]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    My dad broke up alot because he never knew what Tim was going to do from show to show.So yes the became staged because people came to expect that.The only was everyone knew Tim was being inventive was when my dad broke up it told everyone has spontaneous tim was because frankly tim isn't that funny unless he has ernest borgnine or my dad or the late Don knotts around.my dad can say he has been in one of the most respected Comedies of all time in Blazzing Saddles Tim cannot say that.My father is also a better dialection and more versatile because he honed his sketch comedy skills with Danny Kaye.My dad proved in Blazzing Saddles,high Anxiety,history of the World part 1 that he didn't need Tim to be funny.

millerem99

[7]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 51

My dad met Tim Conway recently in a hotel gift shop; he said he was pretty funny. My dad had met a famous jockey at the same hotel and was talking to him about horse racing, and Tim Conway made a crack about not betting on this guy because he'd cost him so much already.

Glittersword

[8]Mar 4, 2015
    • level: 1

Harvey also has one other accomplishment that tim will never have (Unless they bring the series back) Harvey has artifacts stored in Warehouse 13. However I must adit that Tim was the source of their effect.