The Carol Burnett Show

CBS (ended 1978)

RoxieVelma

The Carol Burnett Show Fan Reviews (17)

• Perhaps the best variety show ever on television. Carol and her ensemble (Harvey, Lyle, Vicki, and Tim) performed funny skits which were seamlessly interspersed with singing, dancing, and big production numbers.

They don't make TV like this anymore.(and its a crying shame!!) The show was filled with parodies of popular movies and TV shows(Went with the Wind, As the Stomach Turns)hilarious recurring characters(Ed, Eunice, Mama)and Hollywood A-list guest stars. There was always a big production number complete with a dance troop, a large set and elaborite costumes. But most of all there was Carol. She would open each episode by chatting with and taking questions from the audience. This connection with the audience has ensured Carol Burnetts place as on e of our most beloved TV personalities. Each epidode is a complete entertainment package with somthing for everyone. A little singing, a little dancing, some laughs, a celebrity sighting and of course Carol, the glue that held it all together. I'm so glad we had this time together...