A The Carrie Diaries Community
The CW (ended 2014)
Since The CW's official website does not have an official list. I am going to use my limited knowledge to try to list all the songs that appear in each episode. You guys please chip in if you hear a song that I do not know. Thanks and lets have some fun !

Season 2, Episode 1
"You Spin Me 'Round (Like a Record)" - Dead or Alive
"Working for the Week" - Loverboy
"Can't Stop the World" - The Go-Go's

Season 2 Episode 2
"Some like it Hot" - The Power Station
"In a Big Country" - Big Country
"Suddenly" - Billy Ocean

And a mention of Michael J. Fox movie Teen Wolf which was released in Aug of 1985 so that means Carrie is not in Larissa apartment in August of 1985. By the way Teen Wolf was not a great movie but it debut 2nd on its opening weekend behind Back to The Future. Michael J Fox was like really HOT then like Brad Pitt/Tom Cruise today.

Any songs I missed out, please feel free to add !
Comments (14)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Looks like I cannot edit the article I wrote on top so I will added the songs here and redo another discussion after the 3rd episode. Anyone who is interested can keep coming back here to check.

Credit must be given to tunefind.com

Season 2 Episode 1
  • In Between Days by The Cure
  • Carrie has a dream about playing chess with Sebastian
  • Working for the Weekend by Loverboy
    Maggie waits for Donna at the country club / Sebastian tells Maggie they shouldn't be seen together
  • Can't Stop The World by The Go-Go's
    Carrie asks Walt how things are going with Bennett/Sebastian and Donna arrives
  • The Key by Brian Page
    Mouse & West go to the country club
  • Lovin' Every Minute of It by Loverboy
    Walt, Donna & Sebastian at a rocker bar.
  • Bombs Away by Loosely Tight
    Carrie talks to Samantha why she needs to get in the bar.
  • Bright Lights by The Outlets
    Carrie tries to get help from the police / Samantha gives Carrie a tea.

Season 2 episode 2
    • In A Big Country by American Authors
      Played by The American Authors as they perform on stage.
    • Some Like It Hot by The Power Station
      As Carrie and Walt seat in front of the fan, reading newspapers.
    • Oh Yeah by Yello
      As Walt begins to feel sick; while Carrie is at her interview (also feeling sick).
    • Suddenly by Billy Ocean
      As Tom and Deb makeout on the couch.
    • In a Big Country by Big Country
      End of the episode as Carrie and Tom start to make dinner together.
    • Strickly Biz by Da Diggler & Labrinth
      Playing in the background as Carrie and Samantha talk about Sebastian at the concert.
    • Crazy No More by The Romeos
      As Carrie and Mouse enter the concert; as the group toast Walt's birthday, eat caviar and chat.
    I must admit I have never heard of American Authors and The Romeos. I thought American Authors were a band make up by the writers of the show.

Apparently they are an American Indie Rock band based in New York but they were formed in 2006. That means they were probably kids in the 80s. Perhaps one of the writers wanted to promote them so they were transported back to the 80s. into this episode.
More+
Flag
There is a nice website that list songs played in all the tv shows, it is tunefind (I think). but I don't know if they are up to date.
Flag
A thousand thanks to your suggestion. I found the website and I found the songs. It make my day and more importantly, it makes watching The Carrie Diaries so much more fun. I will be updating them here regularly.
Flag
I was raised in the 80's (I went from 6 to 16 during the decade) and the music from that time is still my favorite to this day.I will have to rewatch the last 2 episodes to see if there are anymore songs.I should know any from this era that they would play.
Flag
Thanks for the reply. I will be updating them here regularly. I am not quite sure how can do it yet. I wonder if I can keep editing the same post. I was raised in the 80s too.
Flag
I will keep track during this weeks show.I thought I remembered hearing a Cure song in the first episode of the season, but I will rewatch.
Flag
Yes. Epi 1 of Season 2 played The Cure's 'In Between Days'.
Flag
I thought I remembered hearing them but I wasn't positive of which song it was,I would've needed to hear it again.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members