A The Carrie Diaries Community
The CW (ended 2014)

PLEASE DON'T LET THERE BE SEX

Cynthia Nixon is joining Bryan Fuller's wonderfully disgusting Hannibal in Season 2. She'll play Kade Prurnell, who works in the Office of the Inspector General in FBI Oversight (they need a sweet acronym like S.H.I.E.L.D., don't you think?). She'll be investigating the events of Season 1. [TV Line]

BUSINESS TIME

... Big Brother scored big in the ratings last night, if anyone cares. The double-eviction episode drew 7.1 million viewers and scored a 2.4 demo rating. That's a 33 percent jump over last week, for you math-loving folks in the crowd. Too bad it got beat by a rerun of The Big Bang Theory (7.3 million), and a little sport called football (25 million). [TV Line]

... The CW is eyeing a Wizard of Oz adaptation, because the network has realized it's the new cool thing to do. Dorothy Must Die is the fourth adaptation to be sold in two months, but this version is based on a novel of the same name by Danielle Paige. The book follows a fascist Dorothy—yes, you read that right—who rules Oz with an iron fist, and the Scarecrow, the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion (though he's probably not so cowardly now) are her henchmen. While I don't think we need another adaptation, this one might be the most original, no matter how freaking insane it might be. [Deadline]

... Neil Patrick Harris has stated that he will not be performing a big opening number at the Emmy Awards on September 22. I really only included this news because it made me sad and I wanted to make at least one of you sad, too. [EW]

... With Burn Notice nearing the end of its seven-season run on USA (the series finale airs September 12 at 9pm), creator Matt Nix is turning his attention to a new drama. His next project, Complications—about an ER doctor who is changed after being involved in a gang shooting—is nearing a pilot order at USA. Doctors. Shootings. Crime. Yep, sounds about right for USA. [Deadline]

CASTING NEWS

... True Blood's Carrie Preston is joining Season 2 of The Following as Judy, one of Joe Carroll's (James Purefoy) groupies. Preston will also return to The Good Wife this season as Elsbeth Tascioni, a role that recently earned her a guest actress Emmy nomination. [E! Online]

... We already knew that Samantha Gort has signed on for Season 2 of The Carrie Diaries as Carrie's future BFF Samantha Jones. What we didn't know was that Samantha is the cousin of Carrie's enemy, Donna LaDonna. When you think about who these characters are, it kind of makes sense that they're related, but when you think about it harder, it also feels a bit contrived. [TV Guide]

... Zeljko Ivanek, who will soon appear on Revolution, is continuing his quest to hit as many TV shows as possible in hopes of nabbing the Emmy for Most Guest-Starring Roles Ever, a category in which he'll face off against Mark Sheppard, Jim Beaver, and Mark Pellegrino (Supernatural sure does know how to pick 'em, yeah?). His next move is to join White Collar as Brett Forsythe, a businessman specializing in corporate takeovers. [TV Line]

... Syfy has cast three roles in its new pilot Dominion, based on the 2010 film Legion. It's set 25 years after the events of the movie and picks up in the aftermath of a catastrophic war between an army of angels and mankind. Christopher Egan, who starred in NBC's ill-fated Kings with Ian McShane, will play Alex Lannen, an orphan who's a grunt soldier in Michael’s Archangel Corp. Much like his character on Kings, he is destined for far more. Joining Egan is Tom Wisdom, who'll play Michael himself, while Alan Dalewho will forever be Caleb Nichol to me (I'm sure he really loves me for that), plays Rysen, the general who led the humans to victory against the angels. [Syfy via press release]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/31/2014

Season 2 : Episode 13

56 Comments
Comments (56)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Dorothy Must Die sounds really promising! lol
Flag
Have people been partying too hard with Miley Cyrus??? The Following is GREAT!
Flag
Samantha being donnas cousin on the Carrie diaries is old news. Like, VERY old news!

But I love True Bloods Carrie Preston! I'm happy about this! :)
Flag
Cynthia Nixon is a no no name celeb in my book since she hasn't played in anything I historically watch, but that said, I'm cool with her moving to Hannibal, seeing as how I watch that...whoever she is
Flag
She was Miranda in Sex and the City
Flag
You didn't read correctly what Marburg wrote...
Flag
I cannot believe Carrie Preston will be on The Following. How is it that such a dumb show gets her. Well, another reason for me NOT to give up on the show.
Flag
But when will we have Hannibal again?? That's the more important question.
Flag
Next year!
Flag
Not nearly specific enough!
Flag
Duh, just like last year, June or July, which was it?
Flag
"Noooo, not another Oz adaption...."

*actually reads article*

"HOLY &^%$^%$ I GOTTA SEE THIS NOW!"
Flag
Kaitlin section title FTW! Please no sex.

Dorothy Gale did rule Oz for a time in one of the books, I think.

NPH is lying, but only because every breath he takes is a big opening number for something.

Matt Nix, I'm sorry your new show is 13 episodes away from being canceled! Sorry buddy, you were great on Burn Notice but USA's making you force things and it's not a realm that has a lot of demand right now, the "changed doctor" show.
Flag
I never thought I'd say this of a CW pilot but 'Dorothy must die' sounds like an intriguing premise though I hope they cast & write it appropriately dark instead of the sugary lightweight approach they've applied to Beauty & the Beast

I love Carrie Preston but please go to another good show like The Good Wife instead of The ugh Following
Flag
"Carrie Preston is joining Season 2 of The Following..."

Ugh. Carrie is awesome. The Following is not. I'm glad she's coming back to The Good Wife though. Elsbeth Tascioni my favorite version of her.

"...Mark Sheppard, Jim Beaver, and Mark Pellegrino..."

And Titus Welliver. Maybe Paula Malcolmson too (but she was never in supernatural).
Flag
La di da
Flag
I agree about Alan Dale, Kaitlin. I always think of him as Caleb too. I loved the OC and was not ready to see it go (or him when they killed him off).
Flag
I like how a rerun of TBBT beat Big Brother :) And what's with all those Wizard of Oz shows?
Flag
If you want something cool and original, try reading Neil Gaiman's version of Snow white - Glass, Snow, Apples :)
Flag
If memory serves Samantha was Donna's cousin in the book series The Carrie Diaries is based on. It is from the same author who created the Sex and the City series. I'm pretty sure I learned that on this site.
Flag
Sex? Don't you mean character development? Nobody jack's off to that shit.
Flag
Re Cynthia Nixon. Hopefully she talks with the totally healthy Will currently institutionilized and she and he can conspire together without Hannibal's obsession or Jack's pride getting in the way.

I must confess there was a few good ideas in Legion just it got too I'm not sure like they started a story they didn't think through and appended like six other stories on the end. Having it basically being like a what if John Connor's side won before he grew up and instead of robots it is angels. I'm assuming Alex is the baby at the end even though it seemed to me his mother and well the guy he would likely think is his father with being granted all the glyphs would have been able to survive. Of course that was storyline number six in the movie and one I thought would have been more interesting to follow.
Flag
Who's idea was is to make a show tie in for a film considered as one of the worst movies of it's year? Seriously, how did that make it past the executives, are they asleep or just desperate?
Flag
Because before being a movie, The Wizard of Oz is a pretty fabulous and creative children's book. However, all adaptations of it have been terrible so far.
Flag
I should have specified I was referring to the Legion tv show, one of the last stories. I thought about it but decided not to forgetting they also talked about a wizard of oz tv show, my bad. But yeah I meant the Legion show, not wizard of oz.
Flag
Oh I didn't get that :) Haven't watched Legion though.
Flag
Yeah that was my fault, but Legion's not a terrible movie if you know what you're in for, it's more of a horror movie that you would think from the plot synopsis. It's full of holes and the character's aren't that interesting though, it's not really worth the watch unless you're a real fan of the genre or one of the actors in it. There are worse ways to spend your time but so many better ways as well.
Flag
This is the definitely the most intriguing Wizard of Oz idea, with NBC's behind it. CBS is just smoking what must be some expensive crack with theirs. I'd probably check this one out if it were to get picked up. Or I'll just go read the book...

No NPH number makes me sad too, don't worry.
Flag
You made me sad with the news about Neil Patrick Harris
Flag

I just laugh my head off so hard deeply, about this idea coming to The CW... Because I've known since on my sense & magic thoughts, back when Beauty and the Beast debut and Oz, Great and Powerful film came out... And i said maybe what if The CW brings The Wonderful Wizard Oz to the network as well...

Damn!!! Man, my sense & magic thoughts came to be pay off being true and right... About The CW planning idea bring the The Wonderful Wizard of Oz to their network...

Hmmm...
The CW Breakdown:
- Superhero themes: Smallville, Arrow
- Supernatural themes: Supernatural, the Vampire Diaries, The Originals
- Fantasy Themes: Beauty and the Beast, and now planning Dorothy Must Die
- Sci-If themes: Nikita, and now The Tomorrow People

Flag
Beauty and the Beast is the worst!
Flag
I don't want to be mean here or anything like that...
But how in the world does your not interest connection to the Beauty and the Beast? Change the fact I knew about a "Oz Series" coming to the Network...

Listen,
it's not the one only program holds the key answers judgement at all really... It's more down line The CW likes to bring fantasy tell stories to the Network...

Anyway, you may not like Beauty and the Beast on your very interest connection yourself... But that doesn't mean I hold the same not liking judgement interest like you...

If Beauty and the Beast debut during the early seasons of The Vampire Diaries? It will probably get killed off with low ratings compare to it... But it is now, and I've find Beauty and the Beast better story refreshing than the Season 4 of The Vampire Diaries very much indeed... And, I am so glad it's no longer compare up with The Vampire Diaries and on another night instead like Mondays at 9:00pm...

And, If you're not Catherine & Vincent story tale of Beauty and the Beast fan? Maybe it's not the kind of story or show for you to belong...
More +
Flag
I love Zeljko Ivanek. He was great in Damages. He deserves a leading role in something.
Flag
hey, I'm all for Wizard of Oz... but I wish they'd find another book to beat to death with adaptations. atleast it'd be something newish

couldn't stand Zeljko Ivanek on Heroes, I'm sure I'll hate him on White Collar and Revolution as well.
Flag
I can't recall ever watching Nixon in anything, but it's always good to have big names join shows like Hannibal as it could draw some more viewers.

I couldn't believe I was reading about another Wizard of Oz adaptation, but you're right Kaitlin, 'this one might be the most original, no matter how freaking insane it might be.' I actually really like the sound of it.

I love Zeljko Ivanek, but I don't watch White Collar. I really wish he'd get a permanent role, but if not I think he should stick to guest starring on genre shows because he'd be able to build quite a fan base by doing that (just like Mark Sheppard, Jim Beaver, and Mark Pellegrino).
Flag
Thank you Kaitlin.
Flag
You've succeeded in making me sad. I hope you're happy.
Flag
Staff
Sorry! I just didn't want to be alone in my sadness.
Flag
We should all be sad together instead.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Training Day Sunset
    NEW
    CBS