The Carrie Diaries

Pilot

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 14, 2013 on The CW

7.7
  • fuck you.

well i wouldn't fucking know because idk how to fucking watch it.
  • PILOT

great episode!
  • Somehow nice

I found this new series nice, but I cant help thinking about all the things that are different with Carrie( her father had left her and her mother, her mother was alive, she hasnt got a sister, she lost virginity at 15 with a high school friend, she came to NYC when she was I hope this new stories make me forget all this things, but Im starting to see this new Carrie like a all new character
  • Sweet & Stands On Its Own

Let's face it: SATC is yesterday's news and despite the retro-ness of Carrie's Diaries, it's fun for young and old alike. Especially the music!
  • Definetely worth watching!

I totally agree with trevbayers, I haven't seen a show like this in years. It's not a teen show, it brings you back to when you are younger and you can even see yourself sometimes. Carrie is an amazing character and I'm so glad they decided to make this series. Even thought you know what will happen in the future, you are still intrigued with how the series will play out as not much information on Carries teen life was revealed. Can't wait for next week!
  • Breath of Fresh Air

Like SATC, this show is just plain FUN. Loved SATC obviously, and love this new show as well. I was hooked after the first 5 minutes. It's a period piece from the early 80's which makes it even more fun. Those who say it's stupid because in the adult series, Carrie's father left when she was young and it was just her and her mother, well, they are idiots. Sure it's different in this new series, but that is because they are basing the new show from the books, and in the books, Carrie's mother died leaving it just her and her dad and younger sister. SATC is the show that actually screwed that back story up. Sure it would have been better for continuity that they had Carrie's father gone leaving her and mom together, but if you are going to hate this show JUST because of that one little nit pick, than you are NOT a fan of SATC to begin with and you can go troll elsewhere. The Carrie Diaries pilot was just great and I cannot wait to see what comes next week. I, like a lot of other people were ready to hate this show because how in the world can you have SATC without Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda, but this show has a charm all it's own. And eventually, in the Carrie Diaries books, Carrie meets Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda, so if this new show lasts a few seasons, we may get to see the younger versions of those characters as well.

Trust me, if you keep watching this show every week, you won't be disappointed. The character of Donna Deldonna or whatever her name is, is the young cousin of Samantha Jones by the way. So we'll get to see Samantha probably sooner than later.

I give this episode a 9.5 only because of that slight continuity issue about Carrie's parents. Otherwise, it would have been a 10/10 for me.