The Carrie Diaries

Pilot

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 14, 2013 on The CW

7.7
  • Breath of Fresh Air

Like SATC, this show is just plain FUN. Loved SATC obviously, and love this new show as well. I was hooked after the first 5 minutes. It's a period piece from the early 80's which makes it even more fun. Those who say it's stupid because in the adult series, Carrie's father left when she was young and it was just her and her mother, well, they are idiots. Sure it's different in this new series, but that is because they are basing the new show from the books, and in the books, Carrie's mother died leaving it just her and her dad and younger sister. SATC is the show that actually screwed that back story up. Sure it would have been better for continuity that they had Carrie's father gone leaving her and mom together, but if you are going to hate this show JUST because of that one little nit pick, than you are NOT a fan of SATC to begin with and you can go troll elsewhere. The Carrie Diaries pilot was just great and I cannot wait to see what comes next week. I, like a lot of other people were ready to hate this show because how in the world can you have SATC without Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda, but this show has a charm all it's own. And eventually, in the Carrie Diaries books, Carrie meets Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda, so if this new show lasts a few seasons, we may get to see the younger versions of those characters as well.

Trust me, if you keep watching this show every week, you won't be disappointed. The character of Donna Deldonna or whatever her name is, is the young cousin of Samantha Jones by the way. So we'll get to see Samantha probably sooner than later.

I give this episode a 9.5 only because of that slight continuity issue about Carrie's parents. Otherwise, it would have been a 10/10 for me.