The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That!

Monday on PBS Premiered Sep 06, 2010 Between Seasons

The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That! Fan Reviews (6)

3.6
  • It's like they went out of their way to ruin The Cat in the Hat, and succeeded in doing so.

I remember seeing on TV a few years ago The Cat in the Hat movie, and I thought it was awful, and that there wouldn't be anything to top that monstrosity, but low and behold along comes this. This show is about The Cat in the Hat taking along Sally with her friend Nick around the world. The Cat is also assisted by Things 1 and 2, and together they all have adventures. Despite The Cat knowing a lot he seems to only know about animals only. Now while he does a somewhat decent job teaching about animals it only gives the very basics of animals and no special facts about them at all. The Cat himself is annoying, and not as clever as in the book and seems rather dumb. Things 1 and 2 are no better at all, and are the most annoying characters on this show with how they act. If they are trying to be funny then I fail to see how they are funny. Sally and Nick come off as whiny kids who have no interesting characteristics or personalities at all. The humor as I said is unappealing even to kids, and the humor feels forced. The artwork and animation is good in this show though, and remains to the format of the books, but then again most books turned into shows keep the artwork the same from the book. This isn't one of the worst kids shows ever, but it's lack of education, and stupid to annoying characters make this a show you shouldn't see. It's just as bad as The Cat in the Hat movie, and should be avoided if you can.
PBS