The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That!

Monday on PBS Premiered Sep 06, 2010 Between Seasons

The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That! Fan Reviews (6)

3.6
  • Dr Seuss is probably furious over what happened to his beloved character

Dr Seuss was one of my favorite authors when I was younger. However,This show nearly ruins the Cat in the Hat. This show is based on terrible books about facts about animals,so why did it need to be turned into a TV show? TCITHKALAT is about The Cat in the hat who goes on adventures with Nick and Sally to visit animal habitats and learn facts about them,and there's your entire show right there. I mean,every episode is the same thing over and over again. The animation is still the same as the book,but people are now lighter and characters look different as they did in the book. Speaking of the characters,they don't act the same anymore. The Cat in the Hat loved playing games and having fun,now he sounds like he's on drugs and his singing is horrible. The fish thought that the Cat was a trouble maker,and followed the rules,now he sounds like he's on helium,is now friends with the Cat,and is now dark orange. Thing 1 and Thing 2 were crazy,fun loving people,now they are just idiots who are annoying and not funny. Sally still acts the same,but looks different. There's also 1 big question: What happened to Conrad? Remember the little boy who narrated the book? Now he's gone,because guess what? He is replaced by some idiot named Nick,and he's friends with Sally,not a brother. So what happened to Conrad? Is he dead? Is Nick an exchange student with Conrad? or did the creators even read the book? That is an insult to the book. If you're going to make a book a TV Show,return all of the characters. Sally's mom is now visible,when in the original,we can only see her legs,to part of her body. Oh,and Sally and Doughboy need permission to go with the Cat. I'm not kidding,they need permission now. Maybe the mom thinks they are pretending,but seriously,what mom lets their kids go to a forest where they can be killed and the desert? Don't even get me started with the stupid musical numbers. These songs are even more annoying than Dora's because guess what? They sing the same musical numbers every single episode. "Here we go,go,go,go,on an adventure" and they never have an episode without them singing that stupid song. Just shut up already. The voice acting poorly done and really annoying. It sounds like listening to a airhorn in your left ear and on your right is a whistle. Like I said,The cat sounds like he's on drugs,the fish sounds like he's off a helium and Nick and Sally always yell when they are talking. Overall,The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot about That was a bad attempt to bring the Cat in the Hat to the tv screen. Nothing seems the same from the book,the characters are annoying,the voice acting is poorly done and was an epic fail. I would rather watch that horrible poorly done live action movie than this.