The Catherine Tate Show

BBC Two Premiered Feb 16, 2004 Between Seasons

danbambridge

The Catherine Tate Show Fan Reviews (18)

• This really is such a wonderful show.

At first I wasn't sure that I would find it funny but I was proved immensely wrong. It is one of the funniest comedies out there now and Catherine Tate is a very clever and funny woman. Her scripts are truly amazing in places, with the funny dialogue in itself and the way that it is acted out adds another brilliant touch to it. I was a bit upset when Lauren was killed off as I really did like those sketches but I can understand why she did it, and the death scenes worked really well. Some part of me would have liked it if she hadn't killed her off, so that she could maybe bring her back for special episodes like christmas and comic relief though another part of me agrees that Lauren's time was coming to an end and there was only so much she could do with her. Lauren I think will always be remembered for having some of the cleverest dialogues, my favourites include the french lesson and the english shakespeare lesson with which david tennant starred. Overall, though all of the other characters are funny though some more than others. This show will always be a favourite of mine and I will watch it for many more episodes to come.