The Cattanooga Cats

ABC (ended 1971)

The Cattanooga Cats Fan Reviews (2)

6.6
  • Hanna-Barbara's finest hour!

In 1969, one of all time favorite Saturday Morning Cartoon show is "The Cattanooga Cats." A hour series which span four cartoons, all very good I can say myself. We got "The Cattanooga Cats," "It's the Wolf," "Around the world in 74 Days," and "Autocat and Motormouse." All four are memorable cartoons that I sad to say the new episodes didn't last past the end of the year. But this is memorble televison that I wish that the people at ABC would get more episodes of the series 12 episodes isn't enough. You can't ignore a classic and discarded the show. It's a masterprice. "Scooby-doo" seems longer and I hated the show.
  • I don't understand why people shunned this cult classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon, The Cattanooga Cats is 1,000 times better than the (now) utterly boring Banana Splits show.

and here's the followin' reasons why:
    1) The Hosts (and main characters) [The Cattanooga Cats themselves] have great personalities and a unique sense of humor on which The Banana Splits are typecasts and have a poor sense of humor

2) The Music in this series is a definite gulilty pleasure, It's catchy and seriously addictive where as the tunes on The Banana Splits show is very horrible (despite they are written by the same folks who did the good tunes for the forever lost Total Television/Leonardo Productions cartoon "The Beagles")

3) The cartoons within the series are fun to watch especially the Cattanooga Cats cartoons where as the toons on "The Banana Splits" (especially the snorefest that is: Danger Island) is a total dullsville

In closing: The Cattanooga Cats is unique H-B cartoon, Stop smokin' those illegal drugs and stop watchin' The Banana Splits and give them a chance, You'll grow to love this series as much as i did.