The Challenge Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionIn Season

Money question

justinwestnet

[1]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 17

I doubt anyone knows this answer, but I was curious, do the players get any monetary compensation for playing this game? I know some of them 'work' by doing speaking engagements and showing up at bars and what not, but show me a job where someone can take up to a month and a half off and come back to that same job. Who can afford to just leave their job for that long?! They have to get several thousand dollars from MTV for showing up and of course prize money if they win the whole thing.

But seriously, does anyone know how this works? I heard a rumor a long time ago CT gets fees to show up in the first episode, start drama and leave. A nice chunk of change too.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

realworlder

[2]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 12

I've always wondered how they leave their jobs at months at a time to do this show. I think most of them don't have jobs, or serious jobs at least.

I don't know if they pay them to show up and it would make some sense since they pay the stars of other reality shows. I think a free trip to a foreign country with the chance to win a sh*t load of money is probably enough for them to take the trip.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.