The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews page 2 of 15

6.6
  • About Carla

You know I love the show but Carla is just a pain I know she is there to stay I guess, but she puts her nose in everyone else segment she always has to put her nose in about everything. Her dancing around is so not funny she is so full of herself it sure get on my nerves and I have a lot of friend who feel the same, you know Clinton is great with crafts but she has now decided she wants to get her big nose in on that the only think she is good about is dessert she should stay with them and let everyone else do there thing she's not as great as she thinks she is such a big ego.
  • Disrespect

2.5
    Could someone please explain to me why people would have a show that celebrates St. Patrick's Day and then not bother to dress in green. It would seem that out of respect for the tradition, since that is the title of the show, that the very least you could do is dress in green. There are certain members of this cast that get up on their high horse all the time to promote their tradition and culture but aren't intelligent enough to respect other peoples traditions. This close to turning off for good.

• I stopped watching.

I used to love watching but it has gotten rather sop***ric. I feel like I'm watching team building skits at a Jr. High. When they started including recipes with vile prepackaged salad dressing I did not want to waste the time watching another commercia. Seems they have increased the sponsors so there is hardly time for any content. Buh bye Chew.
  • cancel The Chew

The Chew is a cooking show not a clown show or comedian show.

It is very annoying to watch chefs acting like clowns or "jerks:.

esp. Simon, he acts and dress like a homeless person is so annoying.
  • ABC WHY

I am very disappointed in you for having an admitted racist on the show. You have one of the top dramas in ABC starring a black women (Scandal) ... and you exploit Carla of the Chew to greet . at the bus. So she want people that look like slaves at the wedding did she wan the slave masters daughter to meet her at the bus. Carla you do not need money that bad to allow them to do that to you..

So ABC you are condoning racism, know. Ratings aren't worth it.. no longer watching...

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
  • Love this show

This is my favorite afternoon show, I look forward to laughing and learning everyday! Michael and Clinton are my favorites but I enjoy them all.
  • Off color innuendos

I love the show except for the off color innuendos that the cast think is so funny. I would like the children to watch because of their interest in cooking. However, I steer them from the show because of the mature nature of the show.
  • Uh-oh Carla

4.5
    Love you! You re a kicking spark plug but just sayin maybe reconsider the new do??
  • Love all of you

I watch everyday. Love it, refreshing, encouraging. Very real. Couple wks ago you guys had a couple wine gadgets. Where can I find them? Thank you a head of time. Keep doing what your doing.
  • is Carla going gray

don't think Carla's hair flatters her aged her about 30 years .. also maybe Mario can afford expensive ingredients but most of us can;t get $1,000 truffles and he just shaves them all over counter and floor very disrespectful towards the ingredient.... the incredible amount of salt used would damage the health of even a healthy person ..... heard Mario bailing like he did on Foodnetwork ..... they should think of having a different guest host each week maybe breathe some life back into what has become a pretty predictable show only watch once in awhile now compared to of time too loud does Michael have hearing problems that he shouts all the time
  • Great Show BUT......

2.5
    There's somthing about Mario that make's me feel he is a racist, maybe it's the way he interupts Carla all the time or maybe he just lacks compassion, I'm not sure. Mario seems mean.
  • low carb recipes

I watch your show every day but wish you would do a week of easy no carb recipes for us who are trying to loss our winter weight.
  • can't get nuts over nuts

i watch your show all the time, i am also allergic to nuts, can u guys try to do more subs for nuts... it is awful when you cannot eat alot of foods that contain peanuts, like marzipan, a lot of middle eastern foods, i could u help me plzzz
  • Only yesterday

Love your show....... my son does too. We love your opinions and cooking. But I am feeing like you guys are leaning toward sexual expressions instead of cooking and fun. Yesterdays show disappointed me. Young men dressed in bunny suits expressing homosexual innuendoes? What's next topless go go girls sitting on peoples laps? (not ***phobic, just saying that's what I saw)
  • salt i am salt free diet

how about a show w/o salt?
  • everything must go show

After watching a lot of food show where all the best chefs in the world to avoid cross contamination or transmission of germs, will use a utensil once and throw away in the sink. I cannot understand why you Mario use a spoon, put it in your mouth to taste, use it again in the same dish and that dish was for everyone to taste. A real chef would not use the same spoon twice that was put in their mouth to taste a common plate. Are you really a chef? or claim to be a chef?

• Childrens Birthday At School

I love the Chew and watch it every day! Celebrating the children's birthday can be healthy and does not have to be full of sugar. How about a simple recipe the kids will love that is healthy! For example kids love peanut butter so here is a simple healthy recipe they will go crazy for and it is healthy. Even adults love it.

Low Cal Peanut Butter Balls

8 Tbl peanut butter

1 - 2 cups of Total 100 calorie cereal (General Mills)

1/4 cup of honey

Directions:

Mix together all the ingredients and form into balls. Place in an airtight container and refregerate until ready to eat. Store in the refrigerator.

So simple and so good!

• The Chef

I love all the chefs on the show and love Clinton and Michael's personalities the most they are a joy to watch,.. Carla makes delicious deserts and Mario is a great chef but comes across like a mister know it all and his recipes do not fit with a normal persons day to day lifestyle. Daphne is just there... nothing to offer and is getting more annoying as each show goes on, please let her go and get someone that actually will bring something to the table . Everyone there has some sort of experience and she does not ( Dad having a show on ABC does not count) .. just my opinion !
  • Best cooking and entertainment show!

These five people have made one of the best day time shows around! I have watched them since the first episode and the chemistry between these guys is what makes the show so much fun. They have the best guests and silly games! I learn something new about cooking all the time from this show. Keep up the good work!

• The Chew: wish it were better

I like having a cooking program to watch while I'm taking a lunch break from work midday, and The Chew is often entertaining. I understand that it is designed to attract the daytime soap viewers as well as a slightly larger audience, but it is sometimes good and often just dumb. Plus points are Mario Batali and Michael Symon as they are real chefs with amazing ideas and good personalities. Clinton is OK as the host but despite his good personality doesn't really add much. The women are an embarrassment to women on daytime television. Daphne Oz is just a pretty face but not any sort of chef (potato chip with cheddar and a pickle as a snack - oh please, you are making me ill!), only known because of her father, and does not belong on the program. Carla Hall is one of the MOST ANNOYING people I have ever seen on TV (OK, Jerry Springer and Kelly Ripa and a few others are worse); she is definitely a reason to stop watching!!! I'd be thrilled to have a show with Batali, Symon, and an equally excellent female chef on instead of this. Just my two cents worth...
  • Just a comment

I just love this show - I watch it every day. I do however have a couple requests: I notice that Mario and Daphne talk so very fast that its hard to understand what they're saying - could they slow down when they speak? Thank you - thanks for making this show so very entertaining!!
  • Simon Recipes

I love to watch Simon Cook. He is entertaining and adds little tips along the way. His recipes are more our style of home cooking with ordinary ingredients. Mario can roll his eyes all he wants (jealous of Michaels attention) as I have made a lot of Simon's recipes and they are always delicious. Mario's are more restaurant elite and costly recipes which do not interest most of us that watch the show. Do you really think that other Chef's watch this, NO! We are interested in recipes that work, are tasteful and are not all time and ingredient inflated. The other hosts make for some interesting points in the show but are really annoying at times. Will continue to watch as long as Michael Simon is cooking. Thank you for this blog.
  • SALT SALT AND MORE SALT

I LIKE THE SHOW AND WATCH NEARLY DAY BY RECORDING AND WATCHING LATER BUT HAVE A FEW ISSUES WITH SOME OF THEIR RECIPES, THE MOST BEING SALT ADDICTION OF JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY. HOW ABOUT THE CHEFS HAVING A LITTLE THOUGHT ABOUT ELIMINATING SOME OF THE SALT THAT THEY ADD TO "EVERYTHING" THAT THEY COOK. WE HAVE BECOME VERY CONSCIOUS ABOUT SALT INTAKE AND HAVE LEARNED THAT FOOD TASTES JUST FIND WITHOUT BEING SALTY, AFTER TRAVELING AND EATING IN RESTAURANTS AND CRUISE SHIPS THAT EVIDENTLY USE THE SAME PHILOSOPHY" ADD A LITTLE MORE SALT" , AND ENDING UP WITH SWOLLEN LEGS AND FEET, WE NOW COOK WITHOUT ADDING ANY EXTRA SALT. THE ONLY SALT WE CONSUME IS WHAT BECOMES SALT FROM THE NATURAL ELEMENTS IN THE REAL FOOD. IT TAKES A LITTLE TIME TO GET USED TO THE TASTE OF REAL FOOD BUT IT CAN BE DONE. JUST A THOUGHT TO SEE IF ANYONE OUT THERE AGREES WITH US.
  • It sure looks chilli

I real enjoy you and learn a lot. The mix of your personalities at delightful. I am allergic to capsaicinoids. I see that many of your recipes have jalapenos, hot sauce and different spicy ingredients. I know I can leave them out, but how will it effect the flavor outcome? Thank you for all you share.
  • Tax sugar

I do think we should put tax on things that is no-good for us to help the economy. But I also feel that some people who can not have the diet sugars like slenda,nutrasweet,etc,etc should be tax exempt because of medicinal conditions. I can not have any diet sugars and I have to use sugar. I know there our more who have reactions to those kinds of sugar and it should not be an extra cost because of those conditions they have. I just wanted you to know that some people can not use diet sugars and have to use sugar in their diets. Great show though!
  • Lettice?

I realy like your show. But! yes there is a but. Who or whom decided that a salad should be made with something you find on trees? What happened to iceberg? Even the burger joints and putting this leafy stuf on my burger. Yuck why the change and WHO DECIDED THIS FOR US. Ps make the servings larger some of use really like to eat.
  • Carla - Coconut layer cake

Carla - need help. Want to make your coconut layer cake and am confused as to what type of coconut you used. It looks like shave - when I looked on line for shaved it says that it's unsweetened. Do you use just really sweetened flaked coconut that you would by in any grocery store or do you need to get from a specialty store? Sweetened or unsweetened?

Please help!
  • Keep it fun, Keep it interesting, Keep it "COOKIN"!

"risestafani" what a mean thing to say! Not necessary girl!

I love the "Chew" and look forward to it. When not at home the DVR records it to be watched later.

Enjoy all the hosts many talents, each of which is different. Its fun, interesting, and that includes...... ALL the hosts!
  • Chew audience and tasting table member

I loved my experience! We were on the show last March and my friend and I were chosen to sit at the tasting table. Daphne and Mario were not there BUT Chef Curtis Stone and actress Yvette Nicole Brown were there. I met everyone and they were all nice. I really wanted to meet Clinton the most, but left there really loving Michael and Carla's warm personalities. Clinton was delightful, but they left an impression on me along with the two guest hosts. I have pictures (selfies) with all of them, which they all initiated. Did I mention I loved my experience? I ate Michael's and Curtis Stones' food. Oh, I got play a game while on there and won a small prize that meant a lot to me. The key to sitting at the tasting table.... There isn't one. It was pure luck and it was on my side that day. I've been a fan since day one, and I believe it was just meant for me. I guess it was a blessing. I still think about my adventure often.
  • Cook Books Needed

How do I order your cook books. I do not see anywhere on your home page?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10