The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews page 5 of 16

• "I Heard It Through The Grapevine!"

My Mom (Nonie -- because her mother was Nona) used raisins and red currants in her meatball recipe. They were Dad's (Papa, Pop and Poppy's) favorite ingredient and I still use them today. I'm looking forward to trying Mario's recipe for Stuffed Cabbage. Thank you -- and I LOVE all of you. You have the MOST entertaining show on television.
  • I think all you guys are great

I would love yo say how much I love your show . I clap and lol all the time u are the best Love your recipes I try lots of them and my hubby like them to he get wat I make lol. But what to send hugs to all of you from Sharon Hutt in Edmonton Canada. <3
  • Why Do They All Have To Scream So Much?!

1.5
    Why do all the cast members, particularly Clinton, Carla and Michael have to scream all the time? It's a freaking *talk* show about cooking, not the Beatles on Ed Sullivan . It's so forced and obnoxious how they make them act so loud and manic during every segment. Carla has to yell over top of everyone else constantly, to try and be the center of attention, and Michael Symon always acts like he's constipated and taking the biggest dump of his life when he's screaming out some cooking "tips". Speaking of which, who is writing the "jokes" and "tips" in the first place? It's such generic mundane "advice", are they just scraping crap off of content farms like eZineArticles or something?
  • Why in the world.....

3.5
    Is Kelly cooking in the show? They have real chefs and they put the guy that is an expert in FASHION instead!!!!
  • LEEKS

Today, April 29, 2014 - Michael was making a dish using what he calls Ramps. I don't know where that name came from but here in Ontario Canada they are called Wild Leeks. I go out every year (except this one due to bad weather) and hand pick these luxurious tasting things. Mother Natures gift. BTW - absolutely love your show, & Welcome back Daphne - congrats on your beautiful daughter.
  • Really?!

How about you stop talking bs about other stars(taylor) and talk more about food!
  • Is anyone listening???

I read the comments that are left on this web page. There are numerous comments regarding Michael Simon's very annoying, extremely loud, and obnoxious laugh! Has anyone mentioned this to Michael? Hopefully he can practice some self control over this issue. I really hate his laugh so much! I thank you in advance for anything that can be done about his laugh!!!

• feed the hungry

That all cook shows should donate the food to homeless shelters!!! ;-)
  • I want to share my recipes!

I would love to send you all a copy of my CookBook called Cooking Kept Me Sane! I wrote this as an homage to my late Mother who had the patience of a saint!

Please have a look at my website and offer a new recipe free every week to all of my facebook fans and would love to be able to share my book and recipes with all of your fans! I would love to meet Mario and Michael as I am a huge fan of both!

Jackie Valenti
  • craft idea

get the wooden balls from the craft store and paint them christmas colors and then paint the names of your family members on them so you have a family tree
  • Michael Simon

I find Michael's laugh absolutely annoying that I am going to stop watching the show. He over laughs at his own comments.
  • Stop the screaming!

I love your show. I like the way the different personalities of the hosts interact. The five of you make a really fun show. Your quirks and cloths are great, they are part of what makes the show, don't change. My only complaint is, too much fake screaming and the hosts trying to talk over it.

Very, very annoying ( clapping is If you cut back on the screaming there would be more time for the cooking and fun stuff. Great, great show.
  • Small plates, big bites.

Please remind Carla to close mouth, swallow food then talk. . Geez! Clinton needs to stop yelling!!!!!!!!!!

• Run to the fun

Love that little trot to the oven today. If I had an oven like that I would fall into it's arms as well. What brand oven is that anyway?
  • Clucks for bucks

Just watched this episode and laughed MAO. YOUR AUDIENCE doesn't know difference between a chicken and a rooster. The male contestant end with a rooster call. Female should have won that one.

Sincerely,

Northerner

PS

Liked lemon chicken
  • Chew and spit out the ads

let's see, 4 minutes of show then 5 minutes of NOT MORONS!!!!

Ms. Oz has no real food knowledge.... thanks to daddy she got this is so Clinton a crafts show on the Create .......

the other 3 too bad be right the "orange tubby" acts like he's better they have to push down our throats every ABC actor in a lousy be back after a commercial break.............
  • Wow, talk about rude

I was watching today at the shop, Carla or Karla what ever your name need to be professional. You were so beyond rude to that other woman, if your jealous seek help and keep it off TV. Every time the other woman cracked a joke or goofed off, you ignored and refused to acknowledge her in any way. The show is not about you, we enjoy the celebs on here when I do see the show. As for the rest , I'm glad to see them having a blast and not showing their insecurities.
  • Christy Who ?

I love The Chew!! But, whoever Christy ? don't have her on again. She is constantly disrupting the conversation, can't take her eyes off the monitor whenever the camera is on HER, acting silly/sexy with all the up, Christy Whoever ! The Chew deserves much better cohosts !!
  • Meatball Mania

5.5
    You could not possibly do a meatball show without JOHNNY MEATBALLS .... The Meatball King of New Jersey!
  • Learn your Irish Mario :)

only are we Irish and make our Irish stew with beef, when we were in Ireland at the Guinness brewery restaurant in Dublin we had their delicious Irish stew for with beef!! :) I have seen recipes for both beef and lamb and all my Irish cookbooks have one or the other or sometimes one of each... One would think the makers of Guinness know their Irish Murphys :)
  • Over The Top of Inappropriate & Unprofessional Behavior

You have finally gone over the top with Monday's show. My friends and I are no longer going to watch your show. Several friends of mine have already given it up. The language, suggestive remarks and gestures. They are inappropriate and unprofessional especially for a daytime cooking hour. Many adults don't like it much less if children could be around. We are tired of the sexual comments and don't care to hear about sex lives whether its heterosexual or homosexual. This is a cooking show and conversations should be along those lines.

Other issues we have are Mario's arrogance and know-it-all attitude because we don't need precise Italian lessons with everything and slow down to explain the recipes. Michael needs to curb his loudness and laughter since it can be very annoying and drown out people talking. Carla needs to curb her loudness, showing off and needing to be the center of attention. Clinton needs to curb the comments, quit flaunting his sexuality, trying to boss and get rid of that stupid craft tool kit. They should all be more like Daphne. She speaks when it is important and relative to the situation and doesn't try to drown everyone else out acting and dressing professionally.

I loved the fact they were fun-loving and really seem to like each other. You need to focus on more cooking time and less on unrelated stuff. I'm going to miss the show. I taped it everyday so I wouldn't miss it and I could get rid of all of the commercials and watch it clear through.

• Awful Look!!

4.5
    Why do you allow Mario to look and dress as he does? Awful! He looks absolutely ridiculous,and not well kept. Seriously,crocks on an old heavy man with socks,along with pink shirt and weird vest? Come On! And stop dressing Michael like a teenager! Really?
  • wrong just wrong....

If your putting the vegetables in the same pot as the chicken then why would you need to cut them on a different board. Use common sense people. I'm only washing one cutting board.. unless the said vegetables are being eaten fresh or in a different dish. I have 5 kids and a husband, so far there all alive and well..
  • Chicken on a Cutting Board

4.5
    A fresh chicken was cut on a wooden cutting board after which fresh vegetables were also cut on the same board. The board should have been exchanged or turned over or something. Very unsanitary and hate that it occurred on a show that I love to watch.

• clinton kelly

love the show but the beard has to go,it drags you down and makes you look old and dirty

• A little spice in the seasoning

Being a foodie, I love The Chew. Just want to say, Mario there's recao and there's sofrito. Recao is onions, peppers, garlic, cilantro, culantro and small sweet peppers; mixed in the blender. Sofrito is the same ingredients except they are sauteed with a bit of olive oil after they are blended; best in the beans, soup, beef stew, etc. Best to blend and save for when needed. Neither one belongs in the pasta dishes; that's basil, oregano, olive oil; you know. Congrats to Daphne!!!!!!
  • Love The Chew

I love The Chew and watch it everyday. However, Mario needs to keep his political views to himself. I think we all know he's a liberal but he didn't have to make the comment about Supreme Court Scalia regarding the pizza. You mean a democrat and republican can't even agree on pizza in Mario's eyes? Pretty sad......

Congratulations to Daphne on the birth of her daughter!
  • Banana Bread Pudding

1.5
    I made the Michael's Banana Bread pudding and was a little disappointed at the finished dish. I followed the recipe to a tee, but it seems maybe there was too much milk called for in the recipe. It was very wet and loose. The consistency was nothing like I"ve known bread puddings to be. I have tried and love so many of the Chew's recipes. But Sorry that was a flop for me.
  • sandee23

Michael that dish today it in my home all the was the Italian name for this Dish? Cortochio?
  • Fabulous, entertaining, funny, love it

A total uplift to my day. Don't care what they are cooking, because of all the fun they have each day. Puts a smile on my face as they interact with each other. Thanks
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10