The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews page 7 of 17

• Learn your Irish Mario :)

only are we Irish and make our Irish stew with beef, when we were in Ireland at the Guinness brewery restaurant in Dublin we had their delicious Irish stew for with beef!! :) I have seen recipes for both beef and lamb and all my Irish cookbooks have one or the other or sometimes one of each... One would think the makers of Guinness know their Irish Murphys :)
  • Over The Top of Inappropriate & Unprofessional Behavior

You have finally gone over the top with Monday's show. My friends and I are no longer going to watch your show. Several friends of mine have already given it up. The language, suggestive remarks and gestures. They are inappropriate and unprofessional especially for a daytime cooking hour. Many adults don't like it much less if children could be around. We are tired of the sexual comments and don't care to hear about sex lives whether its heterosexual or homosexual. This is a cooking show and conversations should be along those lines.

Other issues we have are Mario's arrogance and know-it-all attitude because we don't need precise Italian lessons with everything and slow down to explain the recipes. Michael needs to curb his loudness and laughter since it can be very annoying and drown out people talking. Carla needs to curb her loudness, showing off and needing to be the center of attention. Clinton needs to curb the comments, quit flaunting his sexuality, trying to boss and get rid of that stupid craft tool kit. They should all be more like Daphne. She speaks when it is important and relative to the situation and doesn't try to drown everyone else out acting and dressing professionally.

I loved the fact they were fun-loving and really seem to like each other. You need to focus on more cooking time and less on unrelated stuff. I'm going to miss the show. I taped it everyday so I wouldn't miss it and I could get rid of all of the commercials and watch it clear through.

• Awful Look!!

4.5
    Why do you allow Mario to look and dress as he does? Awful! He looks absolutely ridiculous,and not well kept. Seriously,crocks on an old heavy man with socks,along with pink shirt and weird vest? Come On! And stop dressing Michael like a teenager! Really?
  • wrong just wrong....

If your putting the vegetables in the same pot as the chicken then why would you need to cut them on a different board. Use common sense people. I'm only washing one cutting board.. unless the said vegetables are being eaten fresh or in a different dish. I have 5 kids and a husband, so far there all alive and well..
  • Chicken on a Cutting Board

4.5
    A fresh chicken was cut on a wooden cutting board after which fresh vegetables were also cut on the same board. The board should have been exchanged or turned over or something. Very unsanitary and hate that it occurred on a show that I love to watch.

• clinton kelly

love the show but the beard has to go,it drags you down and makes you look old and dirty

• A little spice in the seasoning

Being a foodie, I love The Chew. Just want to say, Mario there's recao and there's sofrito. Recao is onions, peppers, garlic, cilantro, culantro and small sweet peppers; mixed in the blender. Sofrito is the same ingredients except they are sauteed with a bit of olive oil after they are blended; best in the beans, soup, beef stew, etc. Best to blend and save for when needed. Neither one belongs in the pasta dishes; that's basil, oregano, olive oil; you know. Congrats to Daphne!!!!!!
  • Love The Chew

I love The Chew and watch it everyday. However, Mario needs to keep his political views to himself. I think we all know he's a liberal but he didn't have to make the comment about Supreme Court Scalia regarding the pizza. You mean a democrat and republican can't even agree on pizza in Mario's eyes? Pretty sad......

Congratulations to Daphne on the birth of her daughter!
  • Banana Bread Pudding

1.5
    I made the Michael's Banana Bread pudding and was a little disappointed at the finished dish. I followed the recipe to a tee, but it seems maybe there was too much milk called for in the recipe. It was very wet and loose. The consistency was nothing like I"ve known bread puddings to be. I have tried and love so many of the Chew's recipes. But Sorry that was a flop for me.
  • sandee23

Michael that dish today it in my home all the was the Italian name for this Dish? Cortochio?
  • Fabulous, entertaining, funny, love it

A total uplift to my day. Don't care what they are cooking, because of all the fun they have each day. Puts a smile on my face as they interact with each other. Thanks
  • The one show I would watch from a spin of in "The Name" Category

At first I was not a big fan I was hoping it would be off the air and then I watch a little then a little bit more and I was hooked. They were happy, having fun, doing good recipes, and tips to help in the real world. Not too much bull crape like The Talk or The View.
  • This show is GREAT!

I love how diverse everyone is on this show, it reminds me that being different from your friends is great because each person has something to add to the table. Keep doing what you are doing guys! this has brought my family together, we all gather around the tv to see what we will learn today and who will make us laugh the most. Thanks for being yourselves on the show! You all are great :D
  • SHOW TIME

While reading some of the comments I realized how different we all are, I too didn't want to see another cooking show however this crew is what makes it fun for me to watch. Coming from a large family one learns to accept the pro's and con's and if someone is cooking for me then they're my chef. I enjoy the show even if they're not professional actors.
  • Spicey Spagetti Marinara a la Swiss Style

I saw your spaghetti Marina. I learned a similar one from Swiss Lady. Half a bottle of whisky , then fill it with hot chillies , then put a one finger Olive Oil. Then keep aside. Whenever you wish to do spaghetti

ingredients- bacon, some Ham, cut onto small pieces like you did, add garlic and a spoon of the mixture from the bottle after shaking whiskey and oil mix) . The spaghetti will have a different hot taste. Enjoy ;
  • Clinton Kelly loud and inappropriate !

I love The Chew most of the time, but someone needs to tone down Clinton Kelly! He is loud, rude, inappropriate and bossy! When he tries to tell trained Chefs how to cook it annoys me to no end! He is not a Chef, no matter how much he thinks he is. All he can do is mix drinks. The show would be a lot better if they found a new, less obnoxious host.
  • TASHA, TASHA, TASHA!

Do the people that run The Chew Show, read these reviews? Who hired TASHA? That's got to be the most annoying, obnoxious, loud mouth on TV. I loved The Chew but enough is enough. There are enough reviews in favor of getting rid of TASHA. DO YOU WANT TO LOSE THE WHOLE SHOW OR JUST GET RID OF THE PROBLEM. I can't watch that person. LOUD, LOUD,LOUD and she adds nothing to the show. HERE GOES ANOTHER FORMER FAN OF THE CHEW.
  • No More Tasha

I am a huge fan of the CHEW. I watch everyday on my lunch break and love the whole CHEW crew. Karla, Michael, Dahpne, Mario, and my favorite Clinton bring their own unique personality to the show and I think they are all fabulous! I have not had any problems with other guests or guest hosts, but Tasha Smith is so annoying, her voice is overpowering and I just can't stand to watch. I love this show so much and hate to see it ruined with Tasha Smith. Please No more Tasha!!
  • Tasha Smith

Love love love this show, but have to shut it down she's ANNOYING

• Michael Symon's laugh

Michael Symon sounds like the ghost's from the 70's cartoon 'The Groovie Ghoulies'
  • Can't stand

I keep trying to give the show a chance because I know people that like it and I'm from Cleveland so I would like to try and be a Michael Symon fan. However I absolutely cannot stand it. Michael Symon is beyond obnoxious and I would rather be deaf than have to listen to his laugh one more time. He talk over everyone constantly and makes corny jokes out of everything. I think just so we can hear himself laugh.
  • The best cooking etc show ever.

I watch THE CHEW every day, I love everyone on this show. You make me laugh and cry, not at the same time. The cast goes together and don't change . all I can say it is the best show ever.
  • Mario

I've watched a couple of times, and I have think it would be a decent show without Mario Batali. I've always considered him extremely arrogant, and it really shows in this setting. Michael Simon is a great cook, and a nice humble guy, pairing him with Mario doesn't work very well.
  • Show title/Cast

just a few quick that the show puts more emphasis on "crafts" than actual cooking or food related issues. I have a lot of respect for Mario Batali and is the main reason i watch, but feel that some of this banter and craft stuff is somehow degrading. Same for Michael. there are enough craft and women's shows on daytime don't need another one. Carla needs to chill seems to have a bit of a chip on her shoulder for some reason and goes way overboard. I am still trying to figure out why Clinton is on this show.
  • how do I

search for recipes?
  • Chrismas Cookie show

Don't know who put you guys together but they picked all winners. Think maybe they could be loaned out to pick a congress that could get along and produce results that are as satisfying as your Mario- The consumate Italian food historian- You may not remember all the ingredients but you will remember the Simon - Earthy and substantial cooking with a huge touch of class "Americana Oz - Organic, keeps us reminded of balance, fresness and moderation in our culinary enjoyment. Karla - Just the right touch of Craziness with great cooking instincts, wild but relatable. Keep up the good work. Chauncey
  • Great cast and good ideas

The Chew is my favorite daytime show, The cast are fabulous, they all seem to get along well with each other, they are hilarious and I love the tips and ideas they provide, Good Job!!!!!
  • Iron Chef Bragging Rights

2.5
    Hey guys. My name is David and I just want to let you know that my mother and I love the show. She watches almost every day. For me however, being an over-the-road truck driver, I only get to tune in when I'm in town.

We also know that both Mario and Simon are Iron Chefs... So we were discussing how neat it would be to see the two of them have an "Iron Chef" competition on The Chew, and let the audience members that sample the food, determine the winner.

Just a thought for a future episode. Nevertheless, we will still be tuning in on a regular basis. So thank you and keep up the great work!

David K. Wood

• Inappropriate and unprofessional

'The Chew' has potential for a fine cooking show. Unfortunately, Clinton Kelly is allowed inappropriate behavior by which he flaunts his gay life style openly, in your face, being inconsiderate of the rest of the cast and audience. This is not only unacceptable behavior, but obnoxious and self-imposing. You don't see the others flaunting their heterosexual lifestyles, because they have better sense. He's not cute, as he obviously thinks of himself to be. I personally don't want to see or hear about anyone's sexuality; it's just not what this program should be about. Elliot is an idiot by permitting this conduct to continue. The whole staff act as though they're 14 yr. old delinquents.
  • I Lovethe chew cast

I love watching all the regular cast, Carla is my favorite up the good work.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11