The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews page 9 of 13

6.6
  • WHAT A WASTE OF TIME......AWFUL!!!

CAN NOT STAND THIS SHOW....,REALLY LIKE THE RECIPES ....BUT U NEED TO TOLERATE MICHAELS HORRIBLE CONSTANT LAUGHTER (FOR NO REASON) DAFFFEY.....OR WHATEVER HER NAME IS.....SHE IS THE EXPERT ON EVERYTHING....AND IT IS ALL ABOUT HER!!!..CARLA...LOOKS LIKE BIG BIRD GONE CAJUN....AND IS JUST HARD TO LOOK AT,,,,,AND MARIO ACTS LIKE ....HE IS THE KING.....CLINTON IS THE ONLY ONE THAT SEEMS TO HAVE IT TOGETHER.....!!!..HE NEEDS TO WORK ALONE!!!!...THANK GOD RACHAEL RAY IS ON NOW AT THE SAME TIME.;......ON A DIFFERENT NETWORK.....I CAN LEARN SOMETHING!!! GET RID OF THIS SHOW!! A SECOND SEASON.....!!???? REALLY??!!!
  • The Chew - Our Take on the Cast

The cast of ABC's "The Chew" become too silly and giggly and in any other work environment these type of personalities would be selected with care with personalities more compatible so that you don't end up with a giggly, obnoxious bunch of cast members who, as a group, turn off the viewers. Carla, the fat chef and the bald chef need to be replaced. They are the last people I'd want to see preparing my meal or that I'd take any advice from regarding cooking, cleaning or personal grooming. They are a turn OFF.
  • Please Carla bring it down a notch!

2.5
    I like the chew, But... Carla needs to bring it down a notch or two. She thinks she is funny but not so much!

Better yet, get someone to replace her. 3.1
  • September 7th show

2.5
    I like The Chew a lot until the Carla Hall segment comes on. I immediately turn to another program. She is just too freaky.
  • fashion

I love the show watch it everyday, today you had makeovers they were great my concern is why doesn't anyone ever do makeovers for women over 50. I am 63 and I work very hard to keep myself fit and looking good, but I don't know how to dress. I don't want to look like my mother and I don't want to look like my daughters. Women in there late 50's and into there 60's have no fashions. We need help or I should say I need help.
  • September 7th show

Question for Michael Symon--In reference to your September 7th show:

Would Daphne not be a beautiful woman if she were still 30 pounds overweight? Careful how you answer this since I am sure that there are many woman watching your show that love to cook, therefore love to eat, therefore are possibly 30 pounds overweight. Also for the record--she most likely was not powerful as a child being overweight because she was being bullied--but to Daphne--you are powerful NOW and should have put Michael in his place!
  • Hope at Pikes market you mention, market Spice tea a culinary must!!!!

This tea can be served hot or iced, it has an orange lemon twist , great for summer and hot for winter at the end of meal around the dining room table for some nice conversion, no IPODS allowed.
  • Tasting spoons

Love this show! It is quirky and fun and I love the naturalness of the show. Kind of when families are cooking together as opposed to the regular cooking show format. My one pet peeve is not using tasting spoons. Today again I watched as Paula Deene stirred the chicken, tasted and stirred again all with the same spoon! Yuk! Gross. I would never do this in my home and if I visited someone who did it, I would not be eating. 9
  • awesome

love the cast.......
  • I Enjoy The Chew

Since I'm at work when it's on, I DVR The Chew to watch when I get home. I curl up with my dinner and The Chew, and thoroughly enjoy both. Yes, there are segments I don't care for or show topics that don't excite me, but overall, it's a pleasant way to unwind after work rather than watching the news and getting depressed.
  • WTF Are people talking about???

Why are so many people criticizing Carla? She is awsome and fun to watch. As for handwashing-hello people they do it before they go on air!! If you don't like the way things are done stop watching!! On another note I have a question for any of the chefs. Alot of the recipes are made in a food processors. do they turn out as good by simply chopping with knives-since I have no appliances? If so how do you go about getting the creamy textures? Keep up the great work I LOVE your show!!!!!!
  • Please help

I cook once a month for the foster parents training meetings. I have to cook for at least 30 people. I am allowed $50.00 to do this. I really could use a few new ideas, there is only 1 person that can not eat dairy and 1 with a mushroom allergy. I would really like a few ideas for a light meal.

I just want to say I enjoy your show very much. I have to watch it via DVR mostly due to my boys but really enjoy watching.
  • Carla Hall has to go

please take carla hall off. she is not a pro, needs tv training, is rude to everyone, acts like she knows everything, and she is not in church, going on and on in the back ground. the others try to give her hints or just cut her off but she doesn't get it. when she starts talking with her, oh yes, you know it and so on i just want to turn your program off. the score of 1 is for carla only the show is a 10.
  • Hand washing

I love the show however, I never see anyone wash their hands. Is there a sink on the set? I see lots of food prep with hands that are not washed and handling of raw meat and not washing hands. The people on other food shows are constantly washing their hands.
  • Carla

5.5
    Please I love the show,but Carla really turns everything to the worst side. She is always picking at the food,even off the other chefs plates. All she seems to do is eat. Does she not eat off stage. Show some manners.
  • Brazilian Dishes

I would love to see The Chew to have a special show of cooking Brazilian dishes.

I am from Brazil and I love to cook. Most of people love my food.
  • Do not like

The people on this show are really annoying and child like all the time. Cant believe they took out long time running shows for this.
  • Key Limes! The real thing!

Carla: How can you call it a "Key Lime" ice cream cake dessert (aired on Aug. 7) when you don't even use key limes - which are yellow on the outside by the way! Key limes are delicious and more tart than other limes. The "real" Key Lime pie made with sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks is wonderful!!
  • The CHEW is great.

Great cooking matched with great personalities and genuine humor and warmth.
  • food choices

2.5
    what is this with italienfood mostly there are other european country's who have good food
  • Take Carla off

I love watching the chew but please take carla I cant hardly stand to watch her ...even the camera take the camera off of her
  • Too silly

I like watching the show....most of the time. I wish they wouldn't be so silly - gets a little

annoying sometime with the fake giggling.
  • re: I love IT (The Chew)

I wouldn't take Carla to a club, but I"d sure like to take a club to Carla.
  • I had my doubts but it is a great show

I love this show and try to watch every day. They are all so funny and seem to interact well together. I like how they include the audience in the show and use their recipes. They have so much fun on the show. In the beginning I did not think I would like it but I now think it is one of the best daytime shows. Soaps have been around to long. Time to move on.
  • mature women in pink

I loved that the mature women with 2 sibs came on and cooked,,you can learn a lot from mature people and it makes their day!! That was so sweet, I loved that they hugged!! Just like a good family.
  • I do believe I like it didn't want to

ok I have to just say I was not going to watch because they canceled my soaps for this show BUT I have watched and I think it is one of the best cooking shows because of the way all of these people click.It is a great group of people so I thought I would give The Revolution a try and not going to watch it because they just don't click and there is just to much stuff all thrown together.So to The Chew a 2 thumbs up and I love seeing this side of Mario he is actually very funny as well as all the rest.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
  • S shaped pooh

pleaze give us a break. dr. Oz needs to stay on the 4pm show. Clinton u were the funniest ever this week. love your show.
  • What's Up with Mario's Attitude

3.5
    Was pretty ticked when this show replaced AMC but watched because it's a food show. I agree with all of the other critical comments posted and have another one about Mario's attitude towards Carla. He interrupts her constantly when she talks or is disruptive when she's doing a demo. If he treated the other hosts with such disrespect I could hold my peace but it's obvious he doesn't like Carla and panders to Daphne, not doubt because of her dad, and Chef Symon, his Iron Chef buddy. I love Clinton because he doesn't take any crap. I noticed when Mario's not there everyone seems so relaxed. If this show must stay I vote to lose Mario. His dishes don't stack up against Chef Symon's anyway. Carla, keep your head up and continue to be professional...never stoop to an ignorant person's level.
  • I love this show

I love the hosts. I love learning more about cooking as I love to cook.
  • GoesinTight !!