The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews (429)

6.6
  • NE NE IS A YES YES

I watched thurs and fri with ne ne it was the two best episodes ever. I know why, Carla Hall was not there!!! that big mouth of hers NEVER shuts up. and she sticks her face in everywhere. I just fast forward thru her segments because she is so pathetic for attention, and the dancing please go work at dancing with the stars BACKSTAGE!!! I do not know anyone who can stomach her.. What about Sunny Anderson if its a black person you need.
  • Clinton needs to go

2.5
    Clinton is so annoying, he is the reason I don't watch the show, and btw he is not cute, god get rid of him
  • cutie

Daphne is a sexy girl. easy to fall in love with
  • disgusted

we were watching the show today on 7/4/13 and we see that Michael was not wearing gloves to cover the bandaid on his left hand and was also touching the food with his bare hands after it being cooked and ready for consumption
  • The Cilantro Debate

My 13 yr old daughter has been cooking since she was 10 and loves it! She records your show, Rachael Ray, and others while she is in school. Today was your last show she will record. She is taught to not use the word "hate". In school, from the President(s), at home, she has always learned love and world peace is what we strive for. Mario mounted his debate using realistic health benefits of cilantro. Daphne.. I have never seen an adult throw such a huge tizzy fit in my life, and use the word "HATE" so many times in such a short period as you did..SERIOUSLY??? Were you an only child? Everything handed to you on a silver platter??... never taught many values I am guessing??? For the sake of the show, please politely excuse yourself.
  • The Fab 4 and then, Mario.

I think the show has a great cast. EXCEPT FOR MARIO!! Good guy, but annoying on tv. He makes me want to turn the channel !!
  • ABC WHY

I am very disappointed in you for having an admitted racist on the show. You have one of the top dramas in ABC starring a black women (Scandal) ... and you exploit Carla of the Chew to greet . at the bus. So she want people that look like slaves at the wedding did she wan the slave masters daughter to meet her at the bus. Carla you do not need money that bad to allow them to do that to you..

So ABC you are condoning racism, know. Ratings aren't worth it.. no longer watching...

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
  • this show sucks!

When they are talking about feeding the hungry all you can see is carly stuffing her face made me sick! Then her as mary poppins what are they thinking? She is more the scare crow for oz. Hate this show!
  • Very rude

The stars of the show are constantly stuffing their mouths as the audience looks on. I feel sorry for the audience members - they aren't offered a thing. It's disgustingly rude. I'm not watching this show.
  • BOSTON/NEW ENGLAND SHOW

omg i dont beleive that your producer okayed that show the only thing boston was carlas bos crm pie but not with rosemary the north end seg was great but which fish market/res was it? with your money i would think you could easily research a clam bake /boil at home and it would never be done without white potato and lobster 0r new eng cohogs. i have never missed an episode and watched this online. a very disappointed viewer boston is a great eating town and whats with shoestring potatoes on top of lobster?????
  • eggs & asparagus

I cannot believe on your show 03/05/12 you would show a plate with 2 eggs and asparagus and the eggs looked so bad. For a show with some professional cooks on it, how could you display egss with all the lace around the edges like that. If we were out eating, even my 2 kids would have sent them back. If people don't know what lace is, it when the egg are starting to burn on the edges and get crispy.

George Mumps
  • Great Show BUT......

2.5
    There's somthing about Mario that make's me feel he is a racist, maybe it's the way he interupts Carla all the time or maybe he just lacks compassion, I'm not sure. Mario seems mean.
  • terrible show

This show is really bad, and the waste of food. I don't eat hamburgers--yuck and so much frying. Maybe it's too many chefs...and not one like Rachel Ray.
  • Too silly

I like watching the show....most of the time. I wish they wouldn't be so silly - gets a little

annoying sometime with the fake giggling.
  • food,cooking

You guys eat too much, just saying
  • Superfluous Segment

I really enjoy almost everything about this show, I enjoy most of the hosts and most of the segments. I even enjoy Carla and Simon even though their laughs are sometimes annoying. The only problem that I have is with Clinton and his craft segment. First, I believe that the craft segment does not belong on The Chew as it takes precious time away from food segments which I assume is the prime purpose of this show. Second, I believe that Clinton is much too obviously vein about his looks and appears annoyed when something is jokingly said about it. This review would be a 10 without Clinton and the Craft segment.
  • Love the show but

I love all you guys except daphne I hope she don't come back after the baby. She is rude her and Trisha talked over each other. I missed Carla but daphne needs to GO
  • Carla

Seriously Carla has to go !! What A FREAK !!!!!!
  • Love the show!

Great shows!Love all the little tidbits given daily.However,I think you should replace Michael.He doesnt fit in with the rest of the "Chew" family.Too over the top.Need someone more like Clinton,versatile with a sense of humor.Suggestion-need more celebrity chef guest appearances also.

• MARIO GO AWAYYYYY

Mario drives me CRAZYYYYYY he is Never happy with anything and he is so demeaning to the other hosts and guests. It is just that nothing seems to make him happy and he is such a food SNOBBBBB. OMG american cheese how dare you ughhhh SHUTTT UPPPP !!!

Please replace him pleaseeeee
  • Light-Hearted Show

We don't need another risqu soap opera, or criticizing a cast that adds more laughter into one's day! I'm a passionate cook, and watching the cast add their fun personalities for all ages is a good thing! I think it is a good combination of personalities and thanks for bringing this program to us who like something that is adorable!

(everyone knows this saying "IF you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all!")

• Fun and great food!

It's unfair to dislike this show just because ABC decided to cancel the soaps. I really like The Chew. It's fun and they make great food. Carla is a hoot (hootie hoo)! Would like to see more of her dishes.Wish I was an audience member.

• mon. show

I loved the show today, the way the chew and the view interacted was great. all of you seem to have a blast together, so good to see.God bless each of you
  • Love The Chew

Love The Chew. The cast is very casual and funny. Love the recipes and fun! Keep up the good work!
  • Fantastic!

I just stumbled on your show and think it's wonderful. It's different from other cooking shows which are sometimes very boring. Thank you ABC for getting rid of the soaps and replacing with more interesting shows like this one.
  • I wasn't sure about another cooking show, but this one is growing on me. I look forward to it everyday and appreciate the great cooking and baking tips from the "pros."

The format is okay, although I'm not sure what the tasting panel adds to the program. Really like the various personalities of the chefs and their special dishes. Especially appreciate Daphne since I lean toward vegetarianism. Would love to get Carla's recipe for the Chocolate Pecan pie she prepared today. Is it on your site anywhere?

• Fabulous, entertaining, funny, love it

A total uplift to my day. Don't care what they are cooking, because of all the fun they have each day. Puts a smile on my face as they interact with each other. Thanks
  • I Lovethe chew cast

I love watching all the regular cast, Carla is my favorite up the good work.
  • LOVE THE CHEW!!

I LOVE this show and if I cannot be home to watch it the time/day it airs, I tape it to watch as soon as I can. Halloween show was Fantastic!!! LOVED IT!!!
  • The Chew

I watched while Mario Batali paid two young women to eat Rooster testicals, I thought to myself.}

" I'll bet that's not the 1st time Mario paid young women to put balls in their mouths!"

~jOdi