The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

thefanof

The Chew Fan Reviews (536)

• Daphne Oz

Has Daphne Oz left the show? It has been better since she's been gone. She is too manic when she cooks and always flirting with the camera, batting her eyes and pooching out her lips when she eats.
  • Nepotism

Today on the show they had Dr. Oz. Now they usually never let Daphne cook with the guest but because it's her father, I guess she got the go ahead. To my amazement she made a SALAD. A SALAD!!!. Wow, not impressed. Please listen to your fans and let her GO..
  • Daphne

Please please please get rid of Daphne between her licking her fingers, flipping her hair and not adding any value to the show she is the reason that I won't be watching anymore. I just cannot stand it anymore. I love this show, but she has made me HATE this show.
  • Daphne Oz

I watched the show today, November 28, 2016. Daphne Oz had on a dress so short that you could see her whole bottom side if she were to bend over. She either looks like a hooker or a pretend teenager on more than one occasion. Whomever handles her wardrobe should rethink it. She adds nothing to the show but useless chatter and pretense of being a food expert.
  • Daphene

I am tired of her with her hair hanging down while she is preparing food all she does is keeps on tucking it behind her ears working with food and it's disgusting the producer should make her pin it up or back Bad example for food handlers. She thinks it looks good but it doesn't Iooks always messy looking Please do something about her She is very annoying does nothing for show get rid of her. She really knows nothing about cooking
  • Daphne need to go

She's useless and doesn't bring anything to the show. She acts like a miss no it all, not only on health food but now she knows everything about being a mom. If she's the fresh face of healthy, I'd rather be me, too thin. Cause she's not looking healthy, nor does she eat healthy on the show. Once in awhile she'll make a lighter dish. Wholly! Actually I don't care if she cooked healthy more often, she's still useless. I see all these reviews that agree. She has no right judging on other shows. She just started eating real food when starting the show! She's just disgusting and if you keep her you may loose a ton more of fans. I love the rest of you but when she's on I can't watch. Get Anne Burrell, Alex, Josh Can somebody that could bring something to the show. Something new!
  • Bye bye Tasha or Bye Bye The Chew

I agree with another reviewer, Ne Ne and Tasha are not appropriate for The Chew. Tasha is so loud and over the top, I try to fast forward through. It may just be easier to skip it when they are on. Who is Tasha, anyway?
  • NeNe a big NO NO!!!!!

I watch The Chew religiously! I love how the hosts' personalities compliment each other, their senses of humor and their expertise. I ALSO love how the show focuses on the love of food and how it brings people together. I watch the show and just feel good. That's why I HAVE to say how disgusted I am at your choice of fill in Co-host; NeNe Leakes!!! She's arrogant, completely self absorbed and utterly rude. Her, "I'm better than everyone else" attitude may get people to watch her and her "Housewives", (as if they're like any real housewife in America) but it does NOT belong on an incredibly enjoyable, positive show like The Chew. If you're going to have an arrogant, intolerable fill-in co-host, AT LEAST have them be a food expert who deserves to be a little arrogant because they can pass on some knowledge to the viewers!! Having annoying, self made "celebrities who insult your other guests is NOT going to serve your show well. Tell the people who book your talent to select the personalities of your fill-ins more carefully. Just because someone is considered a celebrity on another network for snapping their fingers and telling off their "friends", doesn't mean they're going to bring Nielsen numbers to The Chew!!! Your viewership, no matter what their demographics, watches The Chew for the laughter, love of food and likeability of your hosts and guests. I shouldn't want to smack your fill-in across the face after watching your show! Keep booking people like NeNe, and I, along with thousands of other viewers who give you your ratings, WILL STOP WATCHING!!!
  • Daphne Oz and nepotism

Exactly what purpose does Daphne Oz serve on The Chew? None as far as I am concerned, She is NOT a chef and is not degreed in Nutrition although she spouts healthy musings. All that she really does on the show is eat, occasionally chops prep and mutters "quinoa and coconut oil". She was not missed on her recent maternity leave but I did miss Clinton Kelly when he was gone in January. Clinton contributes so much to the show: he cooks, provides his own recipes, mixes cocktails, provides decorating tips, crafts. He is a delight! She made salad dressing today - BFD!!! I think that ABC should find a much more qualified person to fill in the health food aspect if needed. Even Mario and Michael are making vegan meals! Isn't Nepotism (Dr. Oz) grand?
  • daphne needs to go

Loved watching the show when she was on leave. Shes just soo annoying. I agree with the others about hair touching then goes right to touching the food. She needs to go. I give it a high rating because l do like the rest of the crew.
  • Daphne mean Oz!

Please please please somebody tell me what is her purpose on this show other than being Dr. Oz's daughter. She is a total time suck and serves no purpose whatsoever.
  • Daphne needs to go ...

PLEASE ask her to take a permanent leave this time! She is such a HAM and constantly interjects ridiculous remarks which can sometimes be sexual in nature. Just because her father - a doctor with whom most true MD's in NYC have serious concerns.... is pimping his title for the money and fame .. doesn't mean his daughter is a food or health expert. She is annoying and is always playing up to the camera and yesterday as she was seated between two hunky male guests talking to each other over her .. she then picked up two links of sausage and started playing with them ???????????????????????????????
  • Difficult to Watch Daphne

2.5
    I would never eat Daphne's food. She constantly runs her hands through her hair and then goes directly to contact with food. I am not sure why she is on a cooking show with accomplished chefs. She is also very immature by comparison to her cast mates. I thought the show was better when she was on leave. So, I will find something else to watch. This is not meant to be mean about anyone. It is hard to figure how she got into this mix where she is so out of her league.
  • Yikes! Are you serious about that lady co-hosting today - battle of the grandma desserts

Ms. NeNe, appears to have a distinct taste palate whether it is on the mark, may be another discussion. I simply find her rude with her 'honest' comments. She does not cook, she has no constructive feedback to offer, (likely because she doesn't know anything about cooking) and hails coming from the South as a qualification with which to critique I wonder how much Southerners feel she represents them! If Mario or Michael, can say they like something, it seems surreal to hear the comment she made about the rice pudding to the Columbian grandmother. What a shame, for the show; Ms. NeNe may be too arrogant to know how ashamed she should be.

I enjoy the Chew, the brilliance, humility and humour of Mario & Michael, Carla's passion and baking savvy, Daphne's sweetness and health angle, and Clinton's energy and humour. A real nice mix of discourse, banter, and food & lifestyle info from a a cast who have found a good chemistry (something that was not as apparent at the show's outset). Each time this lady is on the show, I believe it is a mistake as she neither enhances nor complements the existing mix

If I were watching the Chew for the first time today, I would never watch again. Assuming a rating of 1 is low, and 10 is high:
  • Daphne needs to stay gone

I have really enjoyed the show these past 2 weeks while Daphne was gone. She bring absolutely NOTHING to this show but annoying people. She doesn't eat the food but pretends to or she picks out little pieces and eats like a bird. I just can't grasp the concept of her on this otherwise talented and entertaining show. Unfortunately I will not be watching once she's back ;(
  • stop constantly looking at the camera!

daphne, the camera is not always looking at you! stop constantly looking to see if the camera is on you! it's so annoying!
  • rude and sad

What ashame how this show went down today,how rude was she when she told that poor lady that her rice pudding was no good , you all should be ashamed,if your gonna have her back , put a muzzle on SAD.
  • Daphne's Gotta Go!

I know Daphne's had weight issues & is pregnant again, but she is disgusting to watch. She takes bigger mouth-fulls than the men on the show. She licks her fork/spoon & fingers afterwards. If she's not shoveling food in her mouth, she's staring at it like she's afraid someone 's going to take it away. Seems she's only there to eat because she contributes absolutely nothing! Serious hope she doesn't return next season.
  • Mario

Mario is a greaser. His hair is nasty. He thinks he is the master of cooking. Thinks he know everything about Italy!! With his stupid accents. He makes me sick to my stomach!!! He is gross !! I love Clinton, Carla & Michael. They gave great personalities!! Daphene needs to go or learn to dress appropriate. She can't even cook
  • Tasha and Ne Ne Are NO GOOD

What the heck? Tasha Smith almost everyday on the Chew? If not her, Ne Ne? Are the producers of this show tying to lose viewers?

Look at the reviews below - I'm not alone! Both are two loud, and not right for this show! What are they thinking!!!
  • Daphne

3.5
    November 28th Daphne wore a dress that was so short it showed off her horribly fat knees. I know that is an awful thing to say but this lady dresses terrible for a mom of 2. She needs to get a more conservative approach to what clothes she wears on the air. Plus her laugh is so, ugh, cant stand it.
  • PLEASE keep Tasha Smith off The Chew!! Okayyyy?

Please don't invite the ever annoying Tasha Smith back to the show! You are seriously losing viewers, myself included, due to her. She has the most annoying voice I have ever heard. She sounds like a screechy, hard of hearing 90 yr old woman. She yells and talks over the other hosts ,constantly interrupts everyone, and is an attention hog. Not to mention, it is not cute the way she has to constantly say "okayyyyy?". When I see she is on, I change the channel immediately. I love your show. It used to be my favorite. Now, not so much. Please listen to your fans and don't invite that annoying woman back ever again.
  • TA TA Tasha!

I have watched almost every episode of the Chew except when on vacation on a cruise! I love the show! The dynamics of the regulars and even 99% of you guests is outstanding. But Tasha Smith is just so annoying. Please don't bring her on permanently and she could be relieved of her current duties.

• What is going on at The Chew?

Last week we had to deal with NeNe Leakes and this week it's Tasha Smith? Is it ghetto girl month at the chew? This isn't a racial comment, the show just had Nia Long on who was great, professional and courteous. But NeNe and Tasha Smith? What benefit do they bring to the show? They have no background in cooking and have no manners. Constantly speaking over people in their brash, high-volume voices.

Enough! Who's the next guest host? Honey Boo Boo's mother and a Kardashian sister? Honestly, we watch this show to escape much of the trash on television.

• Changes need to be made.

Love the show when they actually cook. Like it better with daphne oz on leave. She should not come back. Less jokes and chit chat. More cooking. Why have guests if all they do is stand there and talk? Have guests that cook with the chefs (Carla, Mario, Michael and Clinton) helping the guest instead of the chefs cooking with help from the guests. I know I left daphne out on purpose. She does not need to come back. She makes so many mistakes and I think the show runs smoother with her gone. If they want 5 hosts bring some in that isn't scared of the camera and can at least talk without goofing up. I am sure daphne is a good person but just not a good choice for a co-host. would love to see Cat Cora, Guy Fererri (spelling?), Giada De Laurentiis, Anna Olson or Anne Burrell co-host. Any of them would be better then Daphne and could bring so much more to the show.
  • Love the show, but ...

... have had to switch channels since these screamy, raspy attention whores have popped onto the scene. I'll be back when I don't have to listen to that anymore.
  • More celebrity Screaching

We watch The Chew every day and record it when not able to watch live. Please tell us that Tasha Smith

is not going to replace Daphne for maternity leave. She (Tasha) is the most irritating person every

to appear on any TV Show. Do not do it.
  • Over it

I dont understand why Daphne is on with 2 Iron Chefs and a Top Chef finalist.. she really has nothing to offer except that her father and her mother each have their own TV show so somehow she is qualified ?
  • Celebrity screaching

I love the Chew, I record it every day I am addicted. I must say though, Tasha Smith has a very annoying voice. I painstakingly watch, I cringe every time she opens her mouth. I like what she cooks, but can we please have a voice over? Something calm and less shrieking and screaming???? I lost my appetite today..... It's not that I dislike Tasha, just her loud voice......
  • Daphne needs to GO!

I have watched the CHEW on and off for a long time and Daphne used to be nice, friendly etc. Now she acts like she is too good to be on the show, she is in constant "eye roll" phase and looks like she hates her co-workers or anything they cook. Get her off! Do yourselves a favor
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10