The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews (497)

• Bye bye Tasha or Bye Bye The Chew

I agree with another reviewer, Ne Ne and Tasha are not appropriate for The Chew. Tasha is so loud and over the top, I try to fast forward through. It may just be easier to skip it when they are on. Who is Tasha, anyway?
  • NeNe a big NO NO!!!!!

I watch The Chew religiously! I love how the hosts' personalities compliment each other, their senses of humor and their expertise. I ALSO love how the show focuses on the love of food and how it brings people together. I watch the show and just feel good. That's why I HAVE to say how disgusted I am at your choice of fill in Co-host; NeNe Leakes!!! She's arrogant, completely self absorbed and utterly rude. Her, "I'm better than everyone else" attitude may get people to watch her and her "Housewives", (as if they're like any real housewife in America) but it does NOT belong on an incredibly enjoyable, positive show like The Chew. If you're going to have an arrogant, intolerable fill-in co-host, AT LEAST have them be a food expert who deserves to be a little arrogant because they can pass on some knowledge to the viewers!! Having annoying, self made "celebrities who insult your other guests is NOT going to serve your show well. Tell the people who book your talent to select the personalities of your fill-ins more carefully. Just because someone is considered a celebrity on another network for snapping their fingers and telling off their "friends", doesn't mean they're going to bring Nielsen numbers to The Chew!!! Your viewership, no matter what their demographics, watches The Chew for the laughter, love of food and likeability of your hosts and guests. I shouldn't want to smack your fill-in across the face after watching your show! Keep booking people like NeNe, and I, along with thousands of other viewers who give you your ratings, WILL STOP WATCHING!!!
  • Yikes! Are you serious about that lady co-hosting today - battle of the grandma desserts

Ms. NeNe, appears to have a distinct taste palate whether it is on the mark, may be another discussion. I simply find her rude with her 'honest' comments. She does not cook, she has no constructive feedback to offer, (likely because she doesn't know anything about cooking) and hails coming from the South as a qualification with which to critique I wonder how much Southerners feel she represents them! If Mario or Michael, can say they like something, it seems surreal to hear the comment she made about the rice pudding to the Columbian grandmother. What a shame, for the show; Ms. NeNe may be too arrogant to know how ashamed she should be.

I enjoy the Chew, the brilliance, humility and humour of Mario & Michael, Carla's passion and baking savvy, Daphne's sweetness and health angle, and Clinton's energy and humour. A real nice mix of discourse, banter, and food & lifestyle info from a a cast who have found a good chemistry (something that was not as apparent at the show's outset). Each time this lady is on the show, I believe it is a mistake as she neither enhances nor complements the existing mix

If I were watching the Chew for the first time today, I would never watch again. Assuming a rating of 1 is low, and 10 is high:
  • rude and sad

What ashame how this show went down today,how rude was she when she told that poor lady that her rice pudding was no good , you all should be ashamed,if your gonna have her back , put a muzzle on SAD.
  • Tasha and Ne Ne Are NO GOOD

What the heck? Tasha Smith almost everyday on the Chew? If not her, Ne Ne? Are the producers of this show tying to lose viewers?

Look at the reviews below - I'm not alone! Both are two loud, and not right for this show! What are they thinking!!!
  • Daphne needs to go ...

PLEASE ask her to take a permanent leave this time! She is such a HAM and constantly interjects ridiculous remarks which can sometimes be sexual in nature. Just because her father - a doctor with whom most true MD's in NYC have serious concerns.... is pimping his title for the money and fame .. doesn't mean his daughter is a food or health expert. She is annoying and is always playing up to the camera and yesterday as she was seated between two hunky male guests talking to each other over her .. she then picked up two links of sausage and started playing with them ???????????????????????????????
  • PLEASE keep Tasha Smith off The Chew!! Okayyyy?

Please don't invite the ever annoying Tasha Smith back to the show! You are seriously losing viewers, myself included, due to her. She has the most annoying voice I have ever heard. She sounds like a screechy, hard of hearing 90 yr old woman. She yells and talks over the other hosts ,constantly interrupts everyone, and is an attention hog. Not to mention, it is not cute the way she has to constantly say "okayyyyy?". When I see she is on, I change the channel immediately. I love your show. It used to be my favorite. Now, not so much. Please listen to your fans and don't invite that annoying woman back ever again.
  • TA TA Tasha!

I have watched almost every episode of the Chew except when on vacation on a cruise! I love the show! The dynamics of the regulars and even 99% of you guests is outstanding. But Tasha Smith is just so annoying. Please don't bring her on permanently and she could be relieved of her current duties.

• What is going on at The Chew?

Last week we had to deal with NeNe Leakes and this week it's Tasha Smith? Is it ghetto girl month at the chew? This isn't a racial comment, the show just had Nia Long on who was great, professional and courteous. But NeNe and Tasha Smith? What benefit do they bring to the show? They have no background in cooking and have no manners. Constantly speaking over people in their brash, high-volume voices.

Enough! Who's the next guest host? Honey Boo Boo's mother and a Kardashian sister? Honestly, we watch this show to escape much of the trash on television.

• Love the show, but ...

... have had to switch channels since these screamy, raspy attention whores have popped onto the scene. I'll be back when I don't have to listen to that anymore.
  • More celebrity Screaching

We watch The Chew every day and record it when not able to watch live. Please tell us that Tasha Smith

is not going to replace Daphne for maternity leave. She (Tasha) is the most irritating person every

to appear on any TV Show. Do not do it.
  • Celebrity screaching

I love the Chew, I record it every day I am addicted. I must say though, Tasha Smith has a very annoying voice. I painstakingly watch, I cringe every time she opens her mouth. I like what she cooks, but can we please have a voice over? Something calm and less shrieking and screaming???? I lost my appetite today..... It's not that I dislike Tasha, just her loud voice......
  • Replace or get rid of Daphne

I am sick of watching Daphne Oz act like a 13 year old girl. She is not nearly as cute as she thinks she is. When she is eating she is constantly licking her fingers like a child. Has no one ever told her that she should have outgrown that many years ago. It is nasty and gross. She has her hands in her hair all while cooking and eating, too.
  • Daphne Oz

No more Daphne please!!!
  • Cleanliness

Did you people's parents not teach you wash your hands . You people keep touching your faces wiping your eyes your nose come on. Then you touch food don't wash your hands. WTF seriously.
  • eeeeek

I find Carla Hall scary! On Halloween I thought she was wearing a mask. No kidding.
  • PLEEESSSSSEEE NOOOOOOO

I absolutely LOVE this show!!! Everyone is Fabulous!!! (And they make me laugh!) But why oh why do you have a Kardashian on??? I almost don't want to watch this episode, but because i love it so wll :(.
  • Nov. 1...opened making fun of Kim K, who does not deserve air time, then got on soap box about marriage and political agendas...you are on the wrong set??? Thought this show was about food??

On the November 1 show I sat down excited to get a break to watch the Chew. I see it once in awhile and I am always excited to learn about new culinary skills. I have found you all make food items that are fairly simple to apply to a busy lifestyle. You probably aren't going to make a Paula Deen out of your regular audience, but you are helping a generation that did not take enough time in the kitchen with mom to plan wonderful dinners that aren't from a box. BUT I was DISAPPOINTED today when you chose to open with making fun of Kim Kardashian, who does not need any more air time. Then a 90 second SOAP BOX appearance about personal political views on the marriage agenda.?? Are you confused? Did you think you were sitting on the set of The View? Just keep to what you do best...FOOD!!

• Daphne's Gotta Go!

I know Daphne's had weight issues & is pregnant again, but she is disgusting to watch. She takes bigger mouth-fulls than the men on the show. She licks her fork/spoon & fingers afterwards. If she's not shoveling food in her mouth, she's staring at it like she's afraid someone 's going to take it away. Seems she's only there to eat because she contributes absolutely nothing! Serious hope she doesn't return next season.
  • host are loud mouths

Hate these loud mouth females you are hvng on your show for three weeks now
  • Daphne Oz???

2.5
    WHY? Seems to be sweet, but adds NOTHING to this show!!! WHO in the world ever thought she needed to be part of this cast? Could it have been because of her dad?
  • Your invited cohost- NeNe

I never do this but I have no idea why you would invite her to be on your show, she is so negative and arrogant, I was so surprised to see you have her on again today, I am about ready to turn off the TV. I love your show, please don't invite her back!
  • daphne needs to go

Loved watching the show when she was on leave. Shes just soo annoying. I agree with the others about hair touching then goes right to touching the food. She needs to go. I give it a high rating because l do like the rest of the crew.
  • The Chef

I love all the chefs on the show and love Clinton and Michael's personalities the most they are a joy to watch,.. Carla makes delicious deserts and Mario is a great chef but comes across like a mister know it all and his recipes do not fit with a normal persons day to day lifestyle. Daphne is just there... nothing to offer and is getting more annoying as each show goes on, please let her go and get someone that actually will bring something to the table . Everyone there has some sort of experience and she does not ( Dad having a show on ABC does not count) .. just my opinion !
  • ??Italian??

The fellow who comes at the end of start, There are 2 kinds of people, " Italians and those that want to be Italian". What? I don't think so. Please change that nonsense, it is so off putting.
  • ne ne a no no

i used to be a regular now i am not ne ne i hope apologized to the grandmother off camera, i love her in the reality relm but this does not carry over to daytime, tasha smith needs to tone it down, and carla hall needs to be less in your they are together it is a toxic stew i hope the producers are reading these comments and the ones on facebook
  • Difficult to Watch Daphne

2.5
    I would never eat Daphne's food. She constantly runs her hands through her hair and then goes directly to contact with food. I am not sure why she is on a cooking show with accomplished chefs. She is also very immature by comparison to her cast mates. I thought the show was better when she was on leave. So, I will find something else to watch. This is not meant to be mean about anyone. It is hard to figure how she got into this mix where she is so out of her league.
  • You're getting ready to lose a viewer.

I find Tasha Smith so obnoxious. Please get her off the show and keep her off. I love The Chew but she has to go, or I do.
  • carla

get rid of her, what an annoying person. where in the heck did she come from ? they got rid of leah remini on the talk for being over the top and she doesn't come close to this moron.
  • Tasha Smith

please get Tasha Smith off of the chew. her voice is terrible I can't stand listening to her
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10