The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews (481)

• Experiencing The Chew

Experiencing "The Chew"

1. We requested "free" tickets for three, two months in advance.

2. We were required to supply unusually detailed information required for "free" tickets.

3. We were warned by (the ticket police we presume) that we would be ostracized and placed on the dirty guy list if we were unable to attend and did not notify twenty four hours in advance.

4. We had to respond to a repeated request for guest names which we promptly repeated.

5. Emails warned repeatedly not to arrive late

6. We incurred parking, travel and costs for Long Island Railroad and Subways in order to attend on time as ordered.

7. We arrived at 10:45AM for the 11:00AM entry for the 12:00 O'clock show and waited on line, approximately 16th in line. were then informed by an usher that we were not going to be admitted with our "Group A" confirmed tickets. No management person was sent out to inform the shivering fans of their rejection. We might understand if we were walk-ons or standbys, but not ticket holders.

9. Just because these were "free" tickets does not give ABC and The Chew, the right to treat us like dirt. How dare you!

10. We discovered that 8AM show attendees, who already viewed a show, were permitted to stay for the second show, and replace second show ticket holders waiting outside. Shame on you and your poor management decisions.

11. We planned our day and travel to the city around this show. have attended numerous other shows and on other networks and have never been treated so shabbily. You have also embarrassed us in front of our guest.

13. As a result, you can keep your "VIP" offer of a future show. Once burned, shame on you, twice burned, shame on me. We do not feel you can be trusted.

14. You have left such a bad taste for your show that we will no longer watch it and will inform all of our acquaintances and organization members of our experience.

Arlene and Frank Wolzein
  • Feb. 5 episode chili tasting

THEY ARE WRONG!!!!!!

My family has been in Texas, (East Texas to be precise) since 1844 & we DO NOT put beans in chili. Never have, never will. I don't know where you found these yahoos, but they are not true Texans. Just saying...
  • its bullshit i know how could if i want a chef i will buy one all cooking needs to be on pbs

these ashole want get paid to do nothing it sucks just like reality shows suck.
  • Why Why Why

Why do they keep Carla? In my opinion, she is too manic and seems so fake. Also, get rid of Mario-he always seems to suck up too much to the celebrities on the show.
  • I love the chew!!

All this negative talk about y'all is insane! If the people don't like the show then don't watch it ! I love all of you! I would love to be neighbors with you all! Wow the cook outs during the summer we could have! I think Clintons beard is sexy ! I love Carla and Daphne!, and as far as Mario and Michael I wish I could have them both as my husbands! And yes I've been married for thirty five years! Love the show and the recipies! I give y'all a 10
  • daphne needs to go

Loved watching the show when she was on leave. Shes just soo annoying. I agree with the others about hair touching then goes right to touching the food. She needs to go. I give it a high rating because l do like the rest of the crew.
  • Replace or get rid of Daphne

I am sick of watching Daphne Oz act like a 13 year old girl. She is not nearly as cute as she thinks she is. When she is eating she is constantly licking her fingers like a child. Has no one ever told her that she should have outgrown that many years ago. It is nasty and gross. She has her hands in her hair all while cooking and eating, too.
  • Difficult to Watch Daphne

2.5
    I would never eat Daphne's food. She constantly runs her hands through her hair and then goes directly to contact with food. I am not sure why she is on a cooking show with accomplished chefs. She is also very immature by comparison to her cast mates. I thought the show was better when she was on leave. So, I will find something else to watch. This is not meant to be mean about anyone. It is hard to figure how she got into this mix where she is so out of her league.
  • COMPLANING PEOPLE ARE USUALLY VERY LONELY

People who watch daytime TV must be very lonely and empty if they have time to trash a cooking show while the entire world circles the drain. GET A LIFE AND TAKE A WALK.
  • Changes need to be made.

Love the show when they actually cook. Like it better with daphne oz on leave. She should not come back. Less jokes and chit chat. More cooking. Why have guests if all they do is stand there and talk? Have guests that cook with the chefs (Carla, Mario, Michael and Clinton) helping the guest instead of the chefs cooking with help from the guests. I know I left daphne out on purpose. She does not need to come back. She makes so many mistakes and I think the show runs smoother with her gone. If they want 5 hosts bring some in that isn't scared of the camera and can at least talk without goofing up. I am sure daphne is a good person but just not a good choice for a co-host. would love to see Cat Cora, Guy Fererri (spelling?), Giada De Laurentiis, Anna Olson or Anne Burrell co-host. Any of them would be better then Daphne and could bring so much more to the show.
  • Eyecatching Garnishes

I love The Chew and have been watching for some time. Since Clinton is the craft person, why has he not shown us viewers how to make some gorgeous garnishes for some of their beautiful meals. I know some are time consuming but there are some simple ones that would truly enhance the presentation.

Otherwise, I think the show is great and I love all the cast.
  • Barn manners

I have a question, would like the name of the author/guest on your show who has a cookbook which includes manners from her barn.
  • The Chew

I learn something new every day on the Chew. My favorite
  • Most dreadful Holiday gift ever!!!

I know the mass majority of reviews for holiday fruit cakes is overwhelmingly boo, hiss and o my god noooo! However, I am one of the very few individuals who love the fruitcake and I would love to make one of my own but with a pleasurable twist... Rum soaked, moist and tasty. I know it can be done and if anyone can help me I would put my trust in you fine individuals to help me create a fruit cake that is not a dreaded encounter. Please help!! Rose in San Diego, CA.
  • Only cowards bully on the internet

These people have been picked for their talents and uniqueness. Carla Hall has and always has had a quirky personality and they play to it on purpose for laughs and I am glad they do. Shows like the Pioneer Woman who talks in monotone listing her ingredients make me sleepy. Yah Clintons crafting is sometimes tacky but so what. Michael has a girl giggle big deal. Daphne not sure what anyone's problem is except maybe she isn't on the same level of chef as the others. I don't like Clinton's beard either but its his choice. Mario does have a bit of an attitude with the others perhaps he thinks he has earned it in his career I don't know and I don't care how he pronounces onion but I like what he and Michael cook. Carla's food is less to my taste because she is more towards baking which is a great talent I don't have. And I don't care what Michael called that dish Goulash or Moulash it looked awesome and delicious and I can't wait to try it.

So if you have complaints you JUST CAN'T LIVE WITH ABOUT THESE PEOPLE turn off your tv otherwise enjoy what they do even if there are some things you don't love, like Clinton's beard. Don't come to places like this and anonymously bully is says you have a sad life.
  • Hungarian goulash

The recipe for Hungarian goulash was way off. As,a true Hungarian it was bad , yiu have probably not had true Hungarian goulash which is a soup with vegetables...
  • Halloween Handouts

I hand out Mardi Gras beads, the kids love them, and less expensive than candy. We collect them at the parades.
  • Asia from stone mountain ga

I hate that they don't work with gloves with the food after they touch everything. GrosGross me out.
  • Are you getting this? For Michael Symon

... really? Spaghetti squash for the Thanksgiving table? Uh-huh. Who do you think loves watching cooking shows, other foodies or ??? Spaghetti squash has the texture of styrofoam and you know it. It would Never oh, did I say NEVER yet? cut it on the Thanksgiving table, sir. Why waste space and sharpened taste buds at Thanksgiving? Dude, you underestimate your viewing audience, for shame!

warmly,

dievs

• Attitudes

I use to like watching, I feel Mario acts like he is better than the rest of the crew. He always talks down to the others. Then there's Carla who has really changed and acts like she is queen. I love Michael he is a great chef!!!! Daphne is just ok. Clinton is a bit silly. I don't watch anymore but if I see Mario is gone I might flip back and forth from People's Court.
  • obnoxious Jamie Lee

I watch the show religiously and I never felt so much animosity towards a guest as I did her. Because of her reckless nature with the granola I may stop eating it, only kidding. Although I did want to take that tiara and stick it up her was awful and extremely disrespectful. If 17 years sober makes her that way, she needs a drink.
  • Awsome Bread & J. Lee Frightrain

She gives a bad name to the sober.... I am having trouble finding the recipes section. I'll try that box at the top of page, but it looks like it's going to take me to an entirely different program. Thanks, Mike
  • Jamie Lee Curtis

I thought Jamie Lee Curtis was rude to the whole cast. I couldn't wait for her to leave. I felt bad for Clinton. She acted like she just wanted to promote her show, and had no interest in what Clinton was doing. She has no class. I'm rating a one because there is no zero.
  • Jamie Lee Curtis

If you ever have her on your show again, I will immediately shut it off. She was obnoxious and rude and showed very little class, wanting to talk about herself THE ENTIRE TIME. Whoever scheduled her, def didn't do their homework. Horrible!!
  • Have you???

Have any of you ever made Bread Puddin using Assorted Donuts. You have to try it at least once!!!
  • Raviolo, "raviolis"

5.5
    Sept. 16th episode "We'll Have What You're Having" features Mario making leftover pulled pork, potato salad, and peas into

As a native Italian he should know that the plural of raviolo is ravioli, not The same can be said of "panino" and is no

Then Clinton has a segment with a guest chef in which they make chicken kabobs. After the guest chef places the raw chicken kabobs on the grill with her bare hands, he then prompts her to add raw cucumber to the accompanying salad. Cross contamination should be addressed here! I am a little disappointed, since many home cooks do not know these rules and the result could be food poisoning!

I love the show, but these concerns should be considered and addressed. After all, many of us watch the show to not only be entertained, but to be educated.

As an aside, I have tried to edit this review 5 times, yet key words are omitted, which defeats the purpose, since the message is not clear. MY point was to use the proper terms for "raviolo" and plural "ravioli" but these words were left out of my initial paragraph! It IS the same with "panino" and "panini" but due to omitted words, the review appears otherwise. Maybe you don't really want to know what your viewers my draft the correct words appear, but in the posted review they are missing!
  • pronunciation

Could someone PLEASE tell Mario that ONION is pronounced UN-YUN There is NO G in onion I love the Chew but hearing that word pronounced incorrectly makes me crazy:)
  • Creepy

I wish the producers would address the extremely inappropriate and creepy "unkie so and so" titles that Michael Symon and the rest of the crew uses when referring to each when it's used, it's in a childlike tone and it's like the crew takes a step back in their childhood where they are "playing house It is so weird and uncomfortable.

Sometimes MS makes sexual innuendos that are inappropriate and uncalled for. Such bad timing and he often sounds like the creepy drunk uncle at a family reunion that seems to always make the wrong jokes at the wrong time and only he laughs at them.

These adjustments would at least help this show, otherwise, I can enjoy cheesy humor. But they really need to edit it down for a noon, FOOD program because it's completely possible to be funny without being perverted.

• Are you smarter then a fifth grader?

Carla and Daphne act like misbehaved little children , can't take it no more! The show would be at least watchable without them. The point is, I no longer watch the show.
  • Boring last few episodes.

I watch this daily, but the shows from the end of July & beginning on August have been terrible.

The choice of food being prepared has been garbage. Mario preparing mexican something with an egg on it, ugh, then Clinton dying pillow cases??? What the heck does this have to do with a food show. Below is a comment asking the Chew to remove Michael & Carla, are they kidding!1 I'm saying the person who should get removed is Clinton. He is a terrible host, has no pizazz, and spends most of his time on the show making crafts????? If you want to keep him PLEASE ask him to shave he looks very ridiculous with that beard