The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews (494)

• update on the daphine

I can't believe they continue to show case Daphne Oz!! She contributes nothing to the show and comes across as a complete idiot. You would think by now she would know the camera angles. The guests don't even acknowledge her. And who picks out her wardrobe. Totally unappropriate for a cooking show. Please let her go home and take care of her children. Nobody wants to look at her day after day.
  • SALT IN YOUR FOOD?

WHAT IS IT WITH ALL THE SALT??? SOME OF US CAN NOT USE SALT. AND IN AT LEAST ONE EPISODE YOU USE ENOUGH SALT FOR 10 PEOPLE FOR A YEAR. A PINCH TO YOU IS A HANDFUL TO MOST PEOPLE. SO TELL ME WHY SO MUCH SALT?????
  • No longer a fan...

Prior to the start of the Chew, I loved Clinton, Michael and Carla from their respective shows. I knew of Mario. Didn't know Daphne. I watched The Chew for a few months, then stopped. I couldn't stomach how Mario, Michael and Clinton treated Carla. After a long hiatus, I tuned in today (using the online site) I'm painting my daughter's bedroom and wanted to listen while painting. After 15 minutes in, I stopped listening, stopped painting and started writing this review. The multiple passive aggressive/condescending comments I heard from Mario and Michael toward Carla where too much to take. If they are that nit-picky on camera, I can only image what is said off camera. This is the first time I've ever felt the need to write a review, which (I hope) shows you the level of anger and irritation felt on my part. Go bye to The Chew
  • Daphne

Who dresses Daphne Oz?? The blue shirt she had on today was rough. I think the elastic was suppose to go over her boobs. Lol. Its like they make her look stupid on saying
  • Cake Pops?

Has anyone ever done a segment on making cake pops? There are two different ways to make them but each method comes with it's own challenges> Making a cake, crumbling it and mixing it with icing - getting the mixture to stick together in a ball. Using a Baby Cakes machine - having the finished product turn out as balls as opposed to some weird shape. Both methods - getting the cake balls to stay on the little sticks. I can see the laughter that this segment would produce.
  • Daphne mean Oz!

Please please please somebody tell me what is her purpose on this show other than being Dr. Oz's daughter. She is a total time suck and serves no purpose whatsoever.
  • Love the Chew!

I love this show! the only person I CAN"T STAND!! is Mario he is SOOOOOO! Nasty and Dirty! even his cooking style is a disgrace!! I would not go to one of his restaurants! He is a pig and they need to get rid of him!
  • Daphne

You are so cute and funny; a real draw for young moms too I imagine, but your clothing is awful. Whomever is your stylist should be fired. Your clothes are always too tight, too short. Try to get Karla's stylist to style for you.
  • Love the Chew!

I just found this site. I can't believe how critical and mean people are for such petty reasons. Michael Symon is my favorite - love his laugh and his food. Mario Batali is amazingly informative and a stellar chef. I've watched Carla since Top Chef and I love her food and her quirky, positive energy. You go Carla! Daphne Oz is lovley and her knowledge of nutrition and healthy eating is a great contribution to the show. I watched Clinton since What Not to Wear and I think his personality and style round out the show nicely. I enjoy the Chew and think you guys and the show concept is great! Keep in rockin'!

• What happened to Easter?

I have been looking for different Easter recipes, and I had been hoping that the Chew would be of help.
  • Daphne Oz and nepotism

Exactly what purpose does Daphne Oz serve on The Chew? None as far as I am concerned, She is NOT a chef and is not degreed in Nutrition although she spouts healthy musings. All that she really does on the show is eat, occasionally chops prep and mutters "quinoa and coconut oil". She was not missed on her recent maternity leave but I did miss Clinton Kelly when he was gone in January. Clinton contributes so much to the show: he cooks, provides his own recipes, mixes cocktails, provides decorating tips, crafts. He is a delight! She made salad dressing today - BFD!!! I think that ABC should find a much more qualified person to fill in the health food aspect if needed. Even Mario and Michael are making vegan meals! Isn't Nepotism (Dr. Oz) grand?
  • Money talks

Please Please remove Mario from the Chew! He's totally Dirty Dirty looking especially when dealing with food! He brings nothing to the Tv show unless it's about him. He sits there and has nothing to say or complement anyone unless it's about him! Gross Gross person
  • Recipes

4.5
    I like the chew, but they have soooooo many unhealthy recipes
  • Experiencing The Chew

Experiencing "The Chew"

1. We requested "free" tickets for three, two months in advance.

2. We were required to supply unusually detailed information required for "free" tickets.

3. We were warned by (the ticket police we presume) that we would be ostracized and placed on the dirty guy list if we were unable to attend and did not notify twenty four hours in advance.

4. We had to respond to a repeated request for guest names which we promptly repeated.

5. Emails warned repeatedly not to arrive late

6. We incurred parking, travel and costs for Long Island Railroad and Subways in order to attend on time as ordered.

7. We arrived at 10:45AM for the 11:00AM entry for the 12:00 O'clock show and waited on line, approximately 16th in line. were then informed by an usher that we were not going to be admitted with our "Group A" confirmed tickets. No management person was sent out to inform the shivering fans of their rejection. We might understand if we were walk-ons or standbys, but not ticket holders.

9. Just because these were "free" tickets does not give ABC and The Chew, the right to treat us like dirt. How dare you!

10. We discovered that 8AM show attendees, who already viewed a show, were permitted to stay for the second show, and replace second show ticket holders waiting outside. Shame on you and your poor management decisions.

11. We planned our day and travel to the city around this show. have attended numerous other shows and on other networks and have never been treated so shabbily. You have also embarrassed us in front of our guest.

13. As a result, you can keep your "VIP" offer of a future show. Once burned, shame on you, twice burned, shame on me. We do not feel you can be trusted.

14. You have left such a bad taste for your show that we will no longer watch it and will inform all of our acquaintances and organization members of our experience.

Arlene and Frank Wolzein
  • Feb. 5 episode chili tasting

THEY ARE WRONG!!!!!!

My family has been in Texas, (East Texas to be precise) since 1844 & we DO NOT put beans in chili. Never have, never will. I don't know where you found these yahoos, but they are not true Texans. Just saying...
  • its bullshit i know how could if i want a chef i will buy one all cooking needs to be on pbs

these ashole want get paid to do nothing it sucks just like reality shows suck.
  • Why Why Why

Why do they keep Carla? In my opinion, she is too manic and seems so fake. Also, get rid of Mario-he always seems to suck up too much to the celebrities on the show.
  • I love the chew!!

All this negative talk about y'all is insane! If the people don't like the show then don't watch it ! I love all of you! I would love to be neighbors with you all! Wow the cook outs during the summer we could have! I think Clintons beard is sexy ! I love Carla and Daphne!, and as far as Mario and Michael I wish I could have them both as my husbands! And yes I've been married for thirty five years! Love the show and the recipies! I give y'all a 10
  • daphne needs to go

Loved watching the show when she was on leave. Shes just soo annoying. I agree with the others about hair touching then goes right to touching the food. She needs to go. I give it a high rating because l do like the rest of the crew.
  • Replace or get rid of Daphne

I am sick of watching Daphne Oz act like a 13 year old girl. She is not nearly as cute as she thinks she is. When she is eating she is constantly licking her fingers like a child. Has no one ever told her that she should have outgrown that many years ago. It is nasty and gross. She has her hands in her hair all while cooking and eating, too.
  • Difficult to Watch Daphne

2.5
    I would never eat Daphne's food. She constantly runs her hands through her hair and then goes directly to contact with food. I am not sure why she is on a cooking show with accomplished chefs. She is also very immature by comparison to her cast mates. I thought the show was better when she was on leave. So, I will find something else to watch. This is not meant to be mean about anyone. It is hard to figure how she got into this mix where she is so out of her league.
  • COMPLANING PEOPLE ARE USUALLY VERY LONELY

People who watch daytime TV must be very lonely and empty if they have time to trash a cooking show while the entire world circles the drain. GET A LIFE AND TAKE A WALK.
  • Changes need to be made.

Love the show when they actually cook. Like it better with daphne oz on leave. She should not come back. Less jokes and chit chat. More cooking. Why have guests if all they do is stand there and talk? Have guests that cook with the chefs (Carla, Mario, Michael and Clinton) helping the guest instead of the chefs cooking with help from the guests. I know I left daphne out on purpose. She does not need to come back. She makes so many mistakes and I think the show runs smoother with her gone. If they want 5 hosts bring some in that isn't scared of the camera and can at least talk without goofing up. I am sure daphne is a good person but just not a good choice for a co-host. would love to see Cat Cora, Guy Fererri (spelling?), Giada De Laurentiis, Anna Olson or Anne Burrell co-host. Any of them would be better then Daphne and could bring so much more to the show.
  • Eyecatching Garnishes

I love The Chew and have been watching for some time. Since Clinton is the craft person, why has he not shown us viewers how to make some gorgeous garnishes for some of their beautiful meals. I know some are time consuming but there are some simple ones that would truly enhance the presentation.

Otherwise, I think the show is great and I love all the cast.
  • Barn manners

I have a question, would like the name of the author/guest on your show who has a cookbook which includes manners from her barn.
  • The Chew

I learn something new every day on the Chew. My favorite
  • Most dreadful Holiday gift ever!!!

I know the mass majority of reviews for holiday fruit cakes is overwhelmingly boo, hiss and o my god noooo! However, I am one of the very few individuals who love the fruitcake and I would love to make one of my own but with a pleasurable twist... Rum soaked, moist and tasty. I know it can be done and if anyone can help me I would put my trust in you fine individuals to help me create a fruit cake that is not a dreaded encounter. Please help!! Rose in San Diego, CA.
  • Only cowards bully on the internet

These people have been picked for their talents and uniqueness. Carla Hall has and always has had a quirky personality and they play to it on purpose for laughs and I am glad they do. Shows like the Pioneer Woman who talks in monotone listing her ingredients make me sleepy. Yah Clintons crafting is sometimes tacky but so what. Michael has a girl giggle big deal. Daphne not sure what anyone's problem is except maybe she isn't on the same level of chef as the others. I don't like Clinton's beard either but its his choice. Mario does have a bit of an attitude with the others perhaps he thinks he has earned it in his career I don't know and I don't care how he pronounces onion but I like what he and Michael cook. Carla's food is less to my taste because she is more towards baking which is a great talent I don't have. And I don't care what Michael called that dish Goulash or Moulash it looked awesome and delicious and I can't wait to try it.

So if you have complaints you JUST CAN'T LIVE WITH ABOUT THESE PEOPLE turn off your tv otherwise enjoy what they do even if there are some things you don't love, like Clinton's beard. Don't come to places like this and anonymously bully is says you have a sad life.
  • Hungarian goulash

The recipe for Hungarian goulash was way off. As,a true Hungarian it was bad , yiu have probably not had true Hungarian goulash which is a soup with vegetables...
  • Halloween Handouts

I hand out Mardi Gras beads, the kids love them, and less expensive than candy. We collect them at the parades.