The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews (511)

• Runny nose cook

I watched the show today January 11, 2017 great show. I am pretty sure Nancy is a great cook but she sniffled and wiped her nose that was not good that was nasty.. not only did she do it once but repeatly...

not good
  • Daphne Oz

I watched the show today, November 28, 2016. Daphne Oz had on a dress so short that you could see her whole bottom side if she were to bend over. She either looks like a hooker or a pretend teenager on more than one occasion. Whomever handles her wardrobe should rethink it. She adds nothing to the show but useless chatter and pretense of being a food expert.
  • Nepotism

Today on the show they had Dr. Oz. Now they usually never let Daphne cook with the guest but because it's her father, I guess she got the go ahead. To my amazement she made a SALAD. A SALAD!!!. Wow, not impressed. Please listen to your fans and let her GO..
  • Lighten Up

I love the lighten up shows !!. I wish they did this everyday . With the clean eating movement ,I think this show could really gain in popularity/ratings .I usually watch this show. The food looks good ,but not realistic for everyday eating .
  • Mario

Mario is a greaser. His hair is nasty. He thinks he is the master of cooking. Thinks he know everything about Italy!! With his stupid accents. He makes me sick to my stomach!!! He is gross !! I love Clinton, Carla & Michael. They gave great personalities!! Daphene needs to go or learn to dress appropriate. She can't even cook
  • Daphne need to go

She's useless and doesn't bring anything to the show. She acts like a miss no it all, not only on health food but now she knows everything about being a mom. If she's the fresh face of healthy, I'd rather be me, too thin. Cause she's not looking healthy, nor does she eat healthy on the show. Once in awhile she'll make a lighter dish. Wholly! Actually I don't care if she cooked healthy more often, she's still useless. I see all these reviews that agree. She has no right judging on other shows. She just started eating real food when starting the show! She's just disgusting and if you keep her you may loose a ton more of fans. I love the rest of you but when she's on I can't watch. Get Anne Burrell, Alex, Josh Can somebody that could bring something to the show. Something new!
  • Pure Entertainment

I love them all. They are so down to earth. They act just like a friend or neighbor and keep me laughing for the entire hour. So happy when I get to watch.
  • First Time

I went to the chew yesterday 12/13/016 (will ar 12/15/16) it was a great experience. I went with my husband and it was just wonderful. The staff are all friendly yet very professional. I have been watching the show for sometime and happen to be in the city at this time. I am a great fan of Michael and he did not disappoint me he is as funny in person as on the show. I hope when we come back to the city next december we will be able to get tickets again. A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE Maureen & Joey Raiola
  • What a waste of time

Had tickets to the 12-6-16 show. Form said 11am showup for 12:15 taping. Further down on ticket said priority seating requires you be there by 10:30. Got there at 10:10 and stood in line OUTSIDE IN THE COLD FOR 2 hours. Once inside we stood around for another 30 minutes in a waiting area. Once we were seated in the studio we waited for another 20 minutes before the taping started. In the interim a "Cheerleader", for lack of a better term, asked us to laugh for 30 seconds for taping????? The cast and guests, except for Carla and Daphne, did not even know we existed. 3 times the cheerleader, aka RC, asked us to thank Megan Hilty for her appearance and 3 times she was too busy talking to the cast to even acknowledge us. Will we ever do this again? NEVER!!!!! Should you? NO!!!!! What a waste of time!!!
  • Daphene

I am tired of her with her hair hanging down while she is preparing food all she does is keeps on tucking it behind her ears working with food and it's disgusting the producer should make her pin it up or back Bad example for food handlers. She thinks it looks good but it doesn't Iooks always messy looking Please do something about her She is very annoying does nothing for show get rid of her. She really knows nothing about cooking
  • The show it's self

I think the should get rid of Clinton he is no more then an alcoholic. All he ever wants to do is make a cocktail he need to sign up for rehab and then go to AA. I also think that Clintons craft corner is stupid a huge waste of time. Then you have Daphne who ads not one thing to the show. The she dresses terrible and her hair is always a mess. Then we can move on to Carla she is not a chef and i get so tired of her saying this is my jam. She is not a dancer although she thinks she is but i have news for her she isn't. Now lets move onto to Mario he is a pig in the kitchen and he just babbles on and on. And i read that at one time he had stolen money from his employees not sure it's true but i did read that. The only chefs on this show are Michael and Mario. The show is called the Chew so get chefs on there not home cooks. You would think that Gordon Elliott would read all these reviews and make some major changes but i guess he doesn't care what the viewers think.

3.5
    November 28th Daphne wore a dress that was so short it showed off her horribly fat knees. I know that is an awful thing to say but this lady dresses terrible for a mom of 2. She needs to get a more conservative approach to what clothes she wears on the air. Plus her laugh is so, ugh, cant stand it.
  • Daphne

You are so cute and funny; a real draw for young moms too I imagine, but your clothing is awful. Whomever is your stylist should be fired. Your clothes are always too tight, too short. Try to get Karla's stylist to style for you.
  • On-Air Use of Alergy Substitutes

Not everyone can have something as simple as milk and its derivatives. The show should show more on-air use of substitutes to encourage others to know about how to cook for these types of people. Butter is not a go-all for those of us that cannot have ANY type of milk product yet the show can increase the knowledge of substitutes and how to use them especially for those people economically challenged when it comes to food choices.

What is this comment about no beans in their Chili. My people have been around North America since the 1500s and specially within the present United States territory since the 1600s and beans are way too common an ingredient. The problem with regional recipes is that some recipes over others get accepted as THE ONE and are expected to superceed all others regardless when in fact what is acceptable is the family that has made the recipe and enjoys it. Otherwise we all would be cooking with dinosaur oil!
  • Just curious

Why are all 5 hosts rarely on together anymore? It seems like one is always missing?
  • September 15,2016 Audience Visit

2.5
    The treatment that we received while waiting to see the show was horrible to say the least. We were totally disappointed with the show( or the guise of a show that wasn't). We were not informed that we were going to a fake take. We were expecting to see fantasia, instead we saw another group come out with her CD and candy, while we stood there for hours only to have other people to be placed in front of us!! Adding insult to injury!! What a disappointing experience on my birthday!!
  • Where is Daphne

4.5
    WHere is Daphne?
  • Avocado's

3.5
    I watch the Chew everyday! But today they where so wrong on the Avocado baking to make them wrip! I have done it, bake them then microwave for a minute
  • Love the chew

I absolutely love The Chew. I just wish they would tell how to make the mocktails. I don't drink alcohol but some of the cocktails look so good. I have looked on the website recipes but have not found the mocktail ones. Also I would like to know the wines you use to cook with and if there is an alternative to use. I love your show!!! I look forward to seeing you every day. I am wondering about the last few weeks of reruns. When will we be seeing the new shows.
  • Love it or Leave it - Stop Bitching

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show !

I love the personalities - the differences, the way Mario and Michael cook together, the way Carla is the dessert expert and she and Mario talk about spending time at Mario's family's lake house in Michigan together each summer ! Clinton is the Cocktail master and loves to do the crafts. I thought they all seemed to get along great. I've tried hundreds of the recipes to all of my friends' approval and my husband's happiness ! I hope it continues unchanged forever !
  • SALT IN YOUR FOOD?

WHAT IS IT WITH ALL THE SALT??? SOME OF US CAN NOT USE SALT. AND IN AT LEAST ONE EPISODE YOU USE ENOUGH SALT FOR 10 PEOPLE FOR A YEAR. A PINCH TO YOU IS A HANDFUL TO MOST PEOPLE. SO TELL ME WHY SO MUCH SALT?????
  • No longer a fan...

Prior to the start of the Chew, I loved Clinton, Michael and Carla from their respective shows. I knew of Mario. Didn't know Daphne. I watched The Chew for a few months, then stopped. I couldn't stomach how Mario, Michael and Clinton treated Carla. After a long hiatus, I tuned in today (using the online site) I'm painting my daughter's bedroom and wanted to listen while painting. After 15 minutes in, I stopped listening, stopped painting and started writing this review. The multiple passive aggressive/condescending comments I heard from Mario and Michael toward Carla where too much to take. If they are that nit-picky on camera, I can only image what is said off camera. This is the first time I've ever felt the need to write a review, which (I hope) shows you the level of anger and irritation felt on my part. Go bye to The Chew
  • Daphne

Who dresses Daphne Oz?? The blue shirt she had on today was rough. I think the elastic was suppose to go over her boobs. Lol. Its like they make her look stupid on saying
  • Cake Pops?

Has anyone ever done a segment on making cake pops? There are two different ways to make them but each method comes with it's own challenges> Making a cake, crumbling it and mixing it with icing - getting the mixture to stick together in a ball. Using a Baby Cakes machine - having the finished product turn out as balls as opposed to some weird shape. Both methods - getting the cake balls to stay on the little sticks. I can see the laughter that this segment would produce.
  • Daphne mean Oz!

Please please please somebody tell me what is her purpose on this show other than being Dr. Oz's daughter. She is a total time suck and serves no purpose whatsoever.
  • Love the Chew!

I love this show! the only person I CAN"T STAND!! is Mario he is SOOOOOO! Nasty and Dirty! even his cooking style is a disgrace!! I would not go to one of his restaurants! He is a pig and they need to get rid of him!
  • Love the Chew!

I just found this site. I can't believe how critical and mean people are for such petty reasons. Michael Symon is my favorite - love his laugh and his food. Mario Batali is amazingly informative and a stellar chef. I've watched Carla since Top Chef and I love her food and her quirky, positive energy. You go Carla! Daphne Oz is lovley and her knowledge of nutrition and healthy eating is a great contribution to the show. I watched Clinton since What Not to Wear and I think his personality and style round out the show nicely. I enjoy the Chew and think you guys and the show concept is great! Keep in rockin'!

• What happened to Easter?

I have been looking for different Easter recipes, and I had been hoping that the Chew would be of help.
  • Daphne Oz and nepotism

Exactly what purpose does Daphne Oz serve on The Chew? None as far as I am concerned, She is NOT a chef and is not degreed in Nutrition although she spouts healthy musings. All that she really does on the show is eat, occasionally chops prep and mutters "quinoa and coconut oil". She was not missed on her recent maternity leave but I did miss Clinton Kelly when he was gone in January. Clinton contributes so much to the show: he cooks, provides his own recipes, mixes cocktails, provides decorating tips, crafts. He is a delight! She made salad dressing today - BFD!!! I think that ABC should find a much more qualified person to fill in the health food aspect if needed. Even Mario and Michael are making vegan meals! Isn't Nepotism (Dr. Oz) grand?
  • Money talks

Please Please remove Mario from the Chew! He's totally Dirty Dirty looking especially when dealing with food! He brings nothing to the Tv show unless it's about him. He sits there and has nothing to say or complement anyone unless it's about him! Gross Gross person