The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews (448)

6.6
  • Cartoon or Cooking Show

Why is this show becoming more and more like a bad joke? Very little time spent on "cooking" while more and more time spent on cartoon characters. Jokes and laughing are one thing but leave that to the Comedy Channel.. These so called Chefs are looking like amateur comedians.. No wonder show not on a cooking or food channel.. I hate that these prob great chefs are being looked at as a joke..
  • #1 chew don't need PAULA

you'll are number 1 you don't need to try and help paula do a come back !!the type of person she is she might just take your spot on tv!!!!!! hope not love the chew most of the guest love them but just not one of paula" a fans and never will be!!!!!keep up the good work on the chew love it.

• Daphne needs to go ...

PLEASE ask her to take a permanent leave this time! She is such a HAM and constantly interjects ridiculous remarks which can sometimes be sexual in nature. Just because her father - a doctor with whom most true MD's in NYC have serious concerns.... is pimping his title for the money and fame .. doesn't mean his daughter is a food or health expert. She is annoying and is always playing up to the camera and yesterday as she was seated between two hunky male guests talking to each other over her .. she then picked up two links of sausage and started playing with them ???????????????????????????????
  • love this show

we love watching The Chew, everyone is funny, great food, enjoying watch this show everyday, Monday --Friday,
  • daphne

Time to say so long

Daphne offers nothing but being a food taster. She is such a vulture you would think she has never eaten

She looks so stuffed into her clothes. Not because she is pregnant again but because she eats like there will be no tomorrow. Get someone with personality who can bring something to the table. This woman is useless..
  • Replace or get rid of Daphne

Please replace Daphne Oz with someone who is more knowledgeable about cooking! She is so concerned about the way she looks chewing food and acting "adorable" that she contributes nothing of value to the show. I know she is pregnant but her stylist needs to help her find more outfits flattering to her growing shape. I agree with the previous poster that she watches the food like it will be snatched from her at any moment.
  • Daphne's Gotta Go!

I know Daphne's had weight issues & is pregnant again, but she is disgusting to watch. She takes bigger mouth-fulls than the men on the show. She licks her fork/spoon & fingers afterwards. If she's not shoveling food in her mouth, she's staring at it like she's afraid someone 's going to take it away. Seems she's only there to eat because she contributes absolutely nothing! Serious hope she doesn't return next season.
  • Cooking - My First Love

I was delighted with the inception of The Chew. My weekdays revolve around the program. I enjoy all the co-hosts since they all bring something different to the table plus interject fun variety to the program. I have tried many of their recipes and with success. It is a wonderful cooking show. Needless to say, I have no negative comments. Viewers need to see each co-host for their qualities. Since I am a Clevelander, Michael is a favorite, although since I am Italian, Mario is also a favorite. On my bucket list is to have Michael and Mario (M&M) cook a special dinner for me.

~Marie/Head Chef at home

I would like to add to my review. When I read some of the previous comments, I find them ignorant. All cooking shows use a fair amount of salt. If you have salt conscious needs,use less. I do it all the time (even with Food Network recipes). If you don't like spicy foods, use less or don't make the recipe at all. Everyone has different needs so adjust the recipes accordingly!! The Chew cooks a variety of meals to please the viewers. It is up to you to pick and chose which ones you want to try. Not all might be 5 star recipes, but you need to decide what appeals to your palate.
  • Hawaii Segment

Your info is incorrect...90% of vegetables are imported. We live on Maui, and 100% of our fruit and vegetables are grown locally. And the quality is outstanding compared to mainland.
  • Where is Mario

Is Mario coming back ?
  • Mario/Daphne

He is always giving snide demeaning comments as well as tone to

Daphne, as if she is below him. There is obvious anymosity between them.

She is nice to not lash back at him,

as he would certainly be an easy target. Lay off and show some respect!
  • Carla Hall

2.5
    OH!!!! Carla Hall is not only MOUTHY but HAS TO ALWAYS SHOW OFF-SHE IS DISGUSTING-GET HER OFF THE SHOW-SHE IS NOTHING BUT A KNOW IT ALL PLEASE REMOVE HER FROM SHOW-To addd to this, not sounding racist But you can see she is-whenever a black guest is on the show she adorns a white guest is on she sits back quietly-well sort of-unless she is the center of attraction she pushes her way to the front and stares at the camera at the end of the show sometimes even chewing her ugly is disqusting-OH Yeah-Daffene needs to pull her hair back or tie it up while she is working by food-
  • All for Carla Hall-- You are the reason I watch the show- You are a Super Woman

I don't ever write comments, but I have to. It saddens me when we have someone like Carla Hall that's gifted and talented,, that there are so many people, including her co-host Daphne Oz, Mario, And Simon, where they are always trying to put her down or correct what she says. Carla Hall can hold a show on her own and we would never be bored. I don't know how Carla just gracefully accepts all the nonsense that goes on on that show. Only Clinton Kelly treats her nice. I'm sure that I'm not the only seing this. Carla, you and Clinton are the only reasons I turn the show on. I hope that one day you get your own show.

Daphne oz is just blahh, blahhh, eats everything and then wants to talk about chia seeds and smoothies. When someone says anything when she's talking about something, she acts doesn't have any pertinent information about is running out of things to do and say so he just interrupts Carla, and Mario can't help his facial expressions when Carla and Clinton are talking. Mrs. Carla disregard the rude comments. Certain people can't stand fabulousness and awesomeness. Keep up the good work, you and Clinton are the ones that keep the audience pumped up and awake.
  • Carla Hall - you rock it!

Love all you guys, but want to thank Carla especially for letting that gray flow through, you inspired me and I am now following the same trek. Freedom from hair dye here I come. . How about a little Portuguese cooking? Check out Aldea in NYC and Chef George Mendes book "My Portugal", you may have some fun with a little dried cod recipe.
  • Daphne Oz

I think Daphne has great legs. :-)
  • I am so full of my self

Why does the Michael always has to add his 2cents in when Batali, Carla, or Clinton is cooking. He thinks he has to be the center of attention.

I have been at home for a year fighting best cancer and watching the chew all ways makes me smile. Love you all. Thank you !!!!
  • Entertaining Being with friends in the mid morning just having a great time priceless

Awesome all characters compliment one another
  • Carla Hall is the most annoying person on TV

I didn't think it could get worse than Kelly Ripa, but Carla Hall beats her in the stupid and annoying crowd. OMG, does she know how unappealing she is? She tries to act ghetto and it comes off as forced and poorly practiced. Please fire her. The rating would be higher if they chucked Carla.
  • Mario's nasty black jacket

i like watching the show sometimes . but one thing got me on that show . you would think that people on TV or show host would love to look great and appear very clean and in nice looking cloths ..

but mr Mario batali seems he never got rid of that nasty looking black jacket which he wears everyday.

is there any one who can remind him that he need to change that ? is it that cold everyday inside that place to make sure to stay warm ?

i don't get it ,

he need to go

• The Chew

I love the chew!!! It is impromptu, which is great. I live in Charleston, SC and would love to see your show in person!!!
  • Burgandy Cherry Icecream

Carla your my girl. My favorite is called Dark Sweet Cherry by Schawan's.

I watch your Show alot. Mario it is great flavor. try it some time. Carla I plan

on trying either hot fudge or hot chocolate next time I buy some. I would send

you three guys some but I am not sure how to get it to you.

Spencer Baldwin

Tomah, Wisconsin
  • Very Disappointed!

Why would Paula Deen be invited back to your show, after it was proven in her Legal Deposition that she used the term " *** " on a regular basis - and wished for the "Good Ole Days", when Black Servants served Whites?

You would Certainly Never Invite " Mel Gibson " to your show, because he made Anti Semitic comments!

Yet it's OK, to invite a "Knowingly Racist Women" to be Embraced by audience / hosts on your show!

I tape, The Chew daily - however I refused to view or tape the episode with Paula Deen!

I also resent the pairing of Carla Hall, with Paula Deen to "Seemingly Mitigate" the fact of Deen appearing on your show! Perhaps it's due to the Southern Upbringing of Mrs Hall, that allows her acceptance of such Racist Attitudes.

Shame On You! - For Lacking The Moral Fortitude To Recognize The History Of Racism In America, with Blatant Projection of DisRespect toward the African American Community.

Bringing Paula Deen onto your show - spoke volumes of the producers "Disregard Of The Truth".

I Guarantee - The Chew, would Never invite a guest who had made similar comments regarding the Gay Community!

Lack of Conscience / Moral Principles, Seems To Be The Standard Of Our Time.

I will no longer watch your show!

How Pathetic!

• You CAN learn how to cook.

I love this show and have made a lot of the recipes. They are not crazy eccentric meals that require weird ingredients that you have to google to find. I like all the chefs but Michael Symon is my favorite and I hope to be able to go to one of his restaurants in Cleveland this summer.

I would like to know why MB and MS wear vests so often. Do they protect their shirts from stains? Is the studio freezing or something?
  • fresh food

Oh you show a lot of good looking food on the chew but you asked a question today on your show and I just wanted to let you know my answer. You asked if you had a chance to kiss a star who would it be? My answer is Alerandra Daddario. I'd put a kiss on her lips that would cause an earth quake in China. Lol
  • Dare to be different

I know americans mostly do not eat for health . But , I'd like to see at least one of them, be the one to always cook something healthy or do a recipe makeover . I have high cholesterol(like many people do) and can't cook much of what they do. I like the show. Clinton doesn't seem to get much respect from the others though.
  • Enjoy the hosts and variety of topics covered not enough nutrition.

3.5
    Keep checking in on this show in the hopes that the recipes they make will get healthier. They haven't, or at least not when I've tuned in. I was hoping Daphne would be doing some tasty, nutritious vegetarian dishes but haven't found that either. I enjoy all the hosts and their personalities. Each has something to offer. Probably won't continue to watch as I want to maintain my health and won't do it with these recipes.

• Hey, Mario! Hey, Clinton!

Mario - You should stick to cooking and leave your political views out of the show.

Clinton - Please give Mario a style makeover.

• Please stop with the sketches!!

Please stop with the idiotic sketches. Just do what you do best. Love the cooking segments, games and crafts. We record everyday and watch every night. It is getting to the point that we will stop watching. Used to be quality but has definitely dropped off recently. New producer?
  • Focus on cooking techniques and tips

I used to love this show. I taped it and couldn't wait to get home and watch it. I still love Clinton and Daphne, but the silly skits are driving me crazy! Listening to Michael talk in other accents is horrible. Today, the Sherlock Holmes thing aggravated me so much in listening to him that I actually had to shut it off. I truly can't stand it. I love watching good cooking techniques and tips and all the guests that come on, but it is getting pretty ridiculous now. Please reconsider dropping these skits.