The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews (504)

• The show it's self

I think the should get rid of Clinton he is no more then an alcoholic. All he ever wants to do is make a cocktail he need to sign up for rehab and then go to AA. I also think that Clintons craft corner is stupid a huge waste of time. Then you have Daphne who ads not one thing to the show. The she dresses terrible and her hair is always a mess. Then we can move on to Carla she is not a chef and i get so tired of her saying this is my jam. She is not a dancer although she thinks she is but i have news for her she isn't. Now lets move onto to Mario he is a pig in the kitchen and he just babbles on and on. And i read that at one time he had stolen money from his employees not sure it's true but i did read that. The only chefs on this show are Michael and Mario. The show is called the Chew so get chefs on there not home cooks. You would think that Gordon Elliott would read all these reviews and make some major changes but i guess he doesn't care what the viewers think.

3.5
    November 28th Daphne wore a dress that was so short it showed off her horribly fat knees. I know that is an awful thing to say but this lady dresses terrible for a mom of 2. She needs to get a more conservative approach to what clothes she wears on the air. Plus her laugh is so, ugh, cant stand it.
  • Daphne

You are so cute and funny; a real draw for young moms too I imagine, but your clothing is awful. Whomever is your stylist should be fired. Your clothes are always too tight, too short. Try to get Karla's stylist to style for you.
  • Daphne Oz

I watched the show today, November 28, 2016. Daphne Oz had on a dress so short that you could see her whole bottom side if she were to bend over. She either looks like a hooker or a pretend teenager on more than one occasion. Whomever handles her wardrobe should rethink it. adds nothing to the show but useless chatter and pretense of being a food expert.
  • On-Air Use of Alergy Substitutes

Not everyone can have something as simple as milk and its derivatives. The show should show more on-air use of substitutes to encourage others to know about how to cook for these types of people. Butter is not a go-all for those of us that cannot have ANY type of milk product yet the show can increase the knowledge of substitutes and how to use them especially for those people economically challenged when it comes to food choices.

What is this comment about no beans in their Chili. My people have been around North America since the 1500s and specially within the present United States territory since the 1600s and beans are way too common an ingredient. The problem with regional recipes is that some recipes over others get accepted as THE ONE and are expected to superceed all others regardless when in fact what is acceptable is the family that has made the recipe and enjoys it. Otherwise we all would be cooking with dinosaur oil!
  • Just curious

Why are all 5 hosts rarely on together anymore? It seems like one is always missing?
  • September 15,2016 Audience Visit

2.5
    The treatment that we received while waiting to see the show was horrible to say the least. We were totally disappointed with the show( or the guise of a show that wasn't). We were not informed that we were going to a fake take. We were expecting to see fantasia, instead we saw another group come out with her CD and candy, while we stood there for hours only to have other people to be placed in front of us!! Adding insult to injury!! What a disappointing experience on my birthday!!
  • Where is Daphne

4.5
    WHere is Daphne?
  • Avocado's

3.5
    I watch the Chew everyday! But today they where so wrong on the Avocado baking to make them wrip! I have done it, bake them then microwave for a minute
  • Love the chew

I absolutely love The Chew. I just wish they would tell how to make the mocktails. I don't drink alcohol but some of the cocktails look so good. I have looked on the website recipes but have not found the mocktail ones. Also I would like to know the wines you use to cook with and if there is an alternative to use. I love your show!!! I look forward to seeing you every day. I am wondering about the last few weeks of reruns. When will we be seeing the new shows.
  • Love it or Leave it - Stop Bitching

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show !

I love the personalities - the differences, the way Mario and Michael cook together, the way Carla is the dessert expert and she and Mario talk about spending time at Mario's family's lake house in Michigan together each summer ! Clinton is the Cocktail master and loves to do the crafts. I thought they all seemed to get along great. I've tried hundreds of the recipes to all of my friends' approval and my husband's happiness ! I hope it continues unchanged forever !
  • update on the daphine

I can't believe they continue to show case Daphne Oz!! She contributes nothing to the show and comes across as a complete idiot. You would think by now she would know the camera angles. The guests don't even acknowledge her. And who picks out her wardrobe. Totally unappropriate for a cooking show. Please let her go home and take care of her children. Nobody wants to look at her day after day.
  • SALT IN YOUR FOOD?

WHAT IS IT WITH ALL THE SALT??? SOME OF US CAN NOT USE SALT. AND IN AT LEAST ONE EPISODE YOU USE ENOUGH SALT FOR 10 PEOPLE FOR A YEAR. A PINCH TO YOU IS A HANDFUL TO MOST PEOPLE. SO TELL ME WHY SO MUCH SALT?????
  • No longer a fan...

Prior to the start of the Chew, I loved Clinton, Michael and Carla from their respective shows. I knew of Mario. Didn't know Daphne. I watched The Chew for a few months, then stopped. I couldn't stomach how Mario, Michael and Clinton treated Carla. After a long hiatus, I tuned in today (using the online site) I'm painting my daughter's bedroom and wanted to listen while painting. After 15 minutes in, I stopped listening, stopped painting and started writing this review. The multiple passive aggressive/condescending comments I heard from Mario and Michael toward Carla where too much to take. If they are that nit-picky on camera, I can only image what is said off camera. This is the first time I've ever felt the need to write a review, which (I hope) shows you the level of anger and irritation felt on my part. Go bye to The Chew
  • Daphne

Who dresses Daphne Oz?? The blue shirt she had on today was rough. I think the elastic was suppose to go over her boobs. Lol. Its like they make her look stupid on saying
  • Cake Pops?

Has anyone ever done a segment on making cake pops? There are two different ways to make them but each method comes with it's own challenges> Making a cake, crumbling it and mixing it with icing - getting the mixture to stick together in a ball. Using a Baby Cakes machine - having the finished product turn out as balls as opposed to some weird shape. Both methods - getting the cake balls to stay on the little sticks. I can see the laughter that this segment would produce.
  • Daphne mean Oz!

Please please please somebody tell me what is her purpose on this show other than being Dr. Oz's daughter. She is a total time suck and serves no purpose whatsoever.
  • Love the Chew!

I love this show! the only person I CAN"T STAND!! is Mario he is SOOOOOO! Nasty and Dirty! even his cooking style is a disgrace!! I would not go to one of his restaurants! He is a pig and they need to get rid of him!
  • Love the Chew!

I just found this site. I can't believe how critical and mean people are for such petty reasons. Michael Symon is my favorite - love his laugh and his food. Mario Batali is amazingly informative and a stellar chef. I've watched Carla since Top Chef and I love her food and her quirky, positive energy. You go Carla! Daphne Oz is lovley and her knowledge of nutrition and healthy eating is a great contribution to the show. I watched Clinton since What Not to Wear and I think his personality and style round out the show nicely. I enjoy the Chew and think you guys and the show concept is great! Keep in rockin'!

• What happened to Easter?

I have been looking for different Easter recipes, and I had been hoping that the Chew would be of help.
  • Daphne Oz and nepotism

Exactly what purpose does Daphne Oz serve on The Chew? None as far as I am concerned, She is NOT a chef and is not degreed in Nutrition although she spouts healthy musings. All that she really does on the show is eat, occasionally chops prep and mutters "quinoa and coconut oil". She was not missed on her recent maternity leave but I did miss Clinton Kelly when he was gone in January. Clinton contributes so much to the show: he cooks, provides his own recipes, mixes cocktails, provides decorating tips, crafts. He is a delight! She made salad dressing today - BFD!!! I think that ABC should find a much more qualified person to fill in the health food aspect if needed. Even Mario and Michael are making vegan meals! Isn't Nepotism (Dr. Oz) grand?
  • Money talks

Please Please remove Mario from the Chew! He's totally Dirty Dirty looking especially when dealing with food! He brings nothing to the Tv show unless it's about him. He sits there and has nothing to say or complement anyone unless it's about him! Gross Gross person
  • Recipes

4.5
    I like the chew, but they have soooooo many unhealthy recipes
  • Experiencing The Chew

Experiencing "The Chew"

1. We requested "free" tickets for three, two months in advance.

2. We were required to supply unusually detailed information required for "free" tickets.

3. We were warned by (the ticket police we presume) that we would be ostracized and placed on the dirty guy list if we were unable to attend and did not notify twenty four hours in advance.

4. We had to respond to a repeated request for guest names which we promptly repeated.

5. Emails warned repeatedly not to arrive late

6. We incurred parking, travel and costs for Long Island Railroad and Subways in order to attend on time as ordered.

7. We arrived at 10:45AM for the 11:00AM entry for the 12:00 O'clock show and waited on line, approximately 16th in line. were then informed by an usher that we were not going to be admitted with our "Group A" confirmed tickets. No management person was sent out to inform the shivering fans of their rejection. We might understand if we were walk-ons or standbys, but not ticket holders.

9. Just because these were "free" tickets does not give ABC and The Chew, the right to treat us like dirt. How dare you!

10. We discovered that 8AM show attendees, who already viewed a show, were permitted to stay for the second show, and replace second show ticket holders waiting outside. Shame on you and your poor management decisions.

11. We planned our day and travel to the city around this show. have attended numerous other shows and on other networks and have never been treated so shabbily. You have also embarrassed us in front of our guest.

13. As a result, you can keep your "VIP" offer of a future show. Once burned, shame on you, twice burned, shame on me. We do not feel you can be trusted.

14. You have left such a bad taste for your show that we will no longer watch it and will inform all of our acquaintances and organization members of our experience.

Arlene and Frank Wolzein
  • Feb. 5 episode chili tasting

THEY ARE WRONG!!!!!!

My family has been in Texas, (East Texas to be precise) since 1844 & we DO NOT put beans in chili. Never have, never will. I don't know where you found these yahoos, but they are not true Texans. Just saying...
  • its bullshit i know how could if i want a chef i will buy one all cooking needs to be on pbs

these ashole want get paid to do nothing it sucks just like reality shows suck.
  • Why Why Why

Why do they keep Carla? In my opinion, she is too manic and seems so fake. Also, get rid of Mario-he always seems to suck up too much to the celebrities on the show.
  • I love the chew!!

All this negative talk about y'all is insane! If the people don't like the show then don't watch it ! I love all of you! I would love to be neighbors with you all! Wow the cook outs during the summer we could have! I think Clintons beard is sexy ! I love Carla and Daphne!, and as far as Mario and Michael I wish I could have them both as my husbands! And yes I've been married for thirty five years! Love the show and the recipies! I give y'all a 10
  • daphne needs to go

Loved watching the show when she was on leave. Shes just soo annoying. I agree with the others about hair touching then goes right to touching the food. She needs to go. I give it a high rating because l do like the rest of the crew.
  • Replace or get rid of Daphne

I am sick of watching Daphne Oz act like a 13 year old girl. She is not nearly as cute as she thinks she is. When she is eating she is constantly licking her fingers like a child. Has no one ever told her that she should have outgrown that many years ago. It is nasty and gross. She has her hands in her hair all while cooking and eating, too.