The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews (382)

6.6
  • To Each His Peach

These posts show that everyone's taste is different, to put it mildly. What's annoying to one person is charming to another. I watch every day that I'm home and find it generally entertaining. Mario and Michael are the only two real chefs. Carla has some expertise and Daphne is lovely and has a pleasing personality but would someone please take her under their wing and give her some advice on how to dress? Her outfit today was just plain silly.
  • 3 great Hosts always a pleasure to watch

luv todays show ,i luv watching Mario ,Micheal and Clinton. Mario's recipes are always fast ,easy ,and delicious ,Micheal's are always scrumptious and as always luv Clintons ideas
  • Maybe a great chef, but.

4.5
    Mario is a PIG. He licks his fingers and touches food. He puts his spoon in something to taste it and reuses it. What a PIG.
  • Interesting show, great ideas but won't watch because of Carla

As stated above, interesting show I stumbled upon, but will not watch for Carla. She has terrible on screen appearance and timing and is not engaging. Nice person, but detrimental to the show.
  • Clinton needs to go

2.5
    Clinton is so annoying, he is the reason I don't watch the show, and btw he is not cute, god get rid of him
  • Please Shut Down The Frauen

I know in this dirty world of pc everyone is eager to hire females, even if they hold no qualifications or talent. This dilemma applies royally to this show. Carla is a harping, loud, rude, obnoxious, attention grabbing shrew. And Daphne is clueless and a bit inept. These two females add no credibility to the show, and really don't fit in at all. It's painfully obvious. Why not hire competent, knowledgeable, composed women who actually have a background in cooking. If not, just leave the show to the men. Quite frankly, there's a reason females slam up against a glass ceiling and HERE IT IS EXEMPLIFIED ON THIS SHOW! They are overly emotional, aggressive, insecure, and just out right incompetent. I think the show would be far more appealing and worthy of viewership if you kept the men and dumped those females.
  • what a shame

What a disgrace Hispanic Heritage month and not a single Latino Chef, news flash not all latinos eat tacos
  • Me and the Chew

I love the Chew because it has all the elements to keep me watching day after day...

good food much laughter!!

Carla you add so much to the Chew with your zany personality and fun approach to life.

There is great balance between the personalities which makes this show a standout !

It is my very favorite daytime ABC program and I just love, love everybody on this show!

You all bring a lot of sunshine with your delicious recipes...

friendly interactions ....

and guest presenters. Keep laughing Carla..

I adore you!
  • Yesterday Celebration Tape

Yesterday my husband and I had the pleasure of being part of the audience of the Chew and I cannot begin to say what a positive and wonderful experience it was.

--Everyone was professional and warm. The stars of the show are definitely not the divas you would expect--freely mingling with the audience.

--Thank you Carlton for your patience--you signed everyone's cookbook and smiled when a fan monopolized you.

--Simon the Iron Chef--came up to us and was great and warm.

--Carla--I remember you from Top Chef and your genuine warmth and enthusiasm was contagious.

--Daphne no new mother should look this good.

--We were nervoud about what to wear--especially with Carlton there so we blended too mucjh to be in the group that was photographed more. Next time and believe me there will be a next time we will follow our instincts.

Thank you guys--and the cookbook , food etc was terrific.

• Yesterday taping

I have to start by saying Carla was so beautiful in person and I loved the way she inter-acted with everyone during every break. Michael thanks for the bean dip . I was one of the 3 crazy lady's sitting up top. I would also like to thank Michael and Clinton for taking photos with me . I had a great time and would come to the show as long as Clinton ,Michael and Carla where there .
  • The cast

Clinton was awesome, We love you Michael, from the 3 crazy broads up top, the bean dip was great, you can cook for us anytime. Carla you are beautiful in person, love your dancing. Mario you were quiet, now Daphne you looked miserable the whole
  • Decent concept, bad casting

This sow is an unusual mix of personalities, and sometimes that's a good thing. Unfortunately not here. Michael Symon, Mario Batali and Clinton Kelly seem to make every effort to blend and share in the group conversation portions of the show. Daphne, who is completely unqualified to even be on this type show (her college degree is liberal arts; nothing to do with diet and nutrition which she professes to be an expert in), has gotten more aggressive in her efforts to shout over the other hosts. I'd of thought after the first three seasons she would mellow and feel secure with her position. Carla Hall acts like a battier loudmouthed nut case as the show has progressed. She literally screams on the show, and you can see her cast mates just cringe. She grabs at food like a refugee who hasn't eaten in days, and wolfs it down during the CONVERSATION portion of the show!! She really thinks everyone wants to see her dance also.

This season seems to have gotten worse. That producer Gordon Elliot (fired from several Food Network shows) is now having them perform clownishly at the beginning of each episode. Dancing, pretending they are the cast of Friends... its so silly. Mario Batali, a world wide respected chef is clearly uncomfortable with this, and I don't blame him. There are more game show stunts and celebs. coming on from other ABC shows that they are required to promote and fawn over.

Sad to say, I'm leaving. Michael & Mario - get your own show. I'll be the first one there.
  • Todays show a disaster

We were late due to directions from NJ;we were told to come back for the next showing and when we returned only to be told they would not approve our tickets and would we like to see the view taping instead.

I said no we spent over 50.00 to travel to NYC to see the Chew. We deserve VIP tickets for 3 people.

Very disappointing and the staff were very insensitive and the manager told us too bad i come in to work from NJ every day to work. Very disrespectful to fans. We even waited for standby tickets and then turned away. 5,9
  • Recipe Ingredients Used Frequently

Why is it that when you say, "You will have most of these ingredients already in your pantry!" that I am lucky if I have one or two of the 15? You do not use the most COMMON ingredients in your recipes. My cooking is very simply, HOME cooking, and that is what I am looking for more of on tv! Also WHY oh WHY must you make everything so HOT?? Many of us out here would like to TASTE our food, not have our taste buds burnt off by hot peppers and hot sauce. PLEASE try to cook some food this season that has some taste instead of just being HOT, and that does use more common ingredients. There are many of us out here who will be very happy if you do! THANK YOU! I'll be watching to see what happens.
  • Michael Symon's laugh

I love, love, love The Chew, and have been a faithful viewer for a long time. I have learned so much from the show, and I'm a huge fan of all five co-hosts. Carla, Daphne, Clinton, Mario, and Michael are truly fantastic, but there is one thing that makes my teeth cringe, the hair stand up on the back of my neck, and my ears hurt. That is Michael Symon's laugh. I try to avoid listening to it by blocking it out, I try to stay calm and know his laugh will only last a few seconds, and that the show means more to me than his annoying, startling, and overly loud laugh, but enough is enough. I've decided to only "watch The Chew" by way of Facebook posts and stop watching the show on TV. Sorry Michael - I tried, but I just can't listen to one more burst of cackle from you. And yes, I know others will disagree, and many more could care less about how I feel, but I needed to make a final closure from my "brake-up relationship" with the show, and this post is how I choose to do so. Goodbye The Chew. I will miss you, but I'll still see your happy faces on Facebook.
  • The Chew

After seeing a bakery (Ovenly) recommended on a show a short time ago, I went to Brooklyn to try the cake that the cast raved about. It was probably the worst chocolate cake that I have ever tasted. I have great respect for Mario Batali and Michael Symon and have had their food on several occasions so I don't understand this.
  • LOOKS really are Important !!!

The Chew is a decent show but, that Carla is just Really un-attractive. With all the Beautiful Black Women in the USA, Carla is just plumb Ugly. Its Embarrassing that shes even on .
  • What a relief!

4.5
    I didn't see the whole show today, but while I was watching, Michael didn't let go with his donkey laugh, and when the show was over, I felt a sense of relief and calmness. He is obviously a nice guy, but that rude laugh is soooo aggravating that I often turn off the program. Please Michael, brush up on your social skills for everybody's sake.
  • Fab menu at Carnevino

I'm a Las Vegas resident, had friends staying at The Venetian had dinner at B&B Carnevino...

Excellent menu and wine list, table settings perfect, our waiter was so well versed in all dishes, perfect I guess I should'nt have expected anything less from you and I DVR The Chew every day, you're all fun to watch I love the quick interactions between you and the sense of humor!
  • BEER WHILE SHOPPING IN SUPERMARKET OR ANY STORE

TO GET HOME, IT SHOULD BE MADE CLEAR THAT SOMEONE ELSE WILL DRIVE.

THANKS
  • THE WINNNER FOR CARLA'S 50 BIRTHDAY RECIPE

That recipe was NOT the winner's own recipe!!!!. That resipe is Ina Garten's, just so you know...

NOT FAIR!!
  • dips and condiments etc

Please get a Lazy Susan for the center of your table not OCD just old school
  • Yorkshire Puds.

Those were the silliest Yorkshire Puddings I've seen. I have never seen anybody mix them up like that, eggs and flour together.

First of all, you beat the eggs until they double in volume, then gently mix in the flour a bit of salt. Beat the milk in.

You put the dripping or oil in the pans, put them in the oven and heat the oil until it's almost smoking. THEN you add the Yorkshire Pudding batter ! They sizzle up the pans and rise like little mountains of deliciousness. Serve with gravy etc. Never open the oven door to see how they're doing. they will collapse. Of course, you remove the heated pans carefully from the oven before adding the batter.

To make it even easier for everyone, you can just bung the eggs in a blender, beat them up, bung in the flour, salt and milk and blend them well. Presto. Yorkshire Puds to be proud of.

Ex-Pat from England.. learned to make these when I was 9 years old.

• Too much sex talk and innuendos

3.5
    I have enjoyed the show and the recipes. But, the show evolved into too much talk about sexual issues. TMI of what the chefs wear to bed or if they do or do not ware underware. Please, keep it center on food. Spend more time on the preparation of the recipies instead of rushing the techniques.
  • Refrigerator Treasure Hunt Game

Loved today's show. Howie Mandel always brings a lot of fun to the table, but the Indiana Jones refrigerator treasure hunt made my day. When the two contestants couldn't find the shallots and made ridiculous substitutes, I laughed out I was standing in the kitchen all by myself. This is easily the best cooking show on TV. Kudos to Clinton and the entire cast.
  • My Chew Review

I love this show.

This is the only show I watch that has me smiling all the way through.

Clinton and Carla's dancing is so fun to watch.

I think the chemistry between all is fantastic.
  • Clinton and Michael need to tone it down

5.5
    Clinton is often talking about sexual issues - hmmm on a talk show - are the producers pushing this on him or does he come up with these comments on his on? - and Michael is often lost in his own laughter. They both are obviously great cooks but really can we just have a little less sex talk and loud busting out laughter over other people trying to talk? Mario is my fav and I do try to catch some of the show unless Clinton and Michael go off the deep end.
  • Salt & olive oil !

My wife & I were told SALT & OLIVE OIL in large amounts are NOT good for you! Why do U ALL use salt by the pound & olive oil by the gallon?
  • THE CHEW Best Afternoon Show Ever

I have watched a lot of cooking shows in my day but the CHEW is my vavoirte it number 10 in my book

If people don;t like it just don;t watch . The Chew has a viriety of different cooking stiles ans well as Clintons Craft Cornor and easy way to decreate with out the espense . I use to Cook for a living years ago and no quite a lot about making different recipes and converting them . like everyvody on the Chew but Clinton is my favorite. by Ruth Hemingway
  • Why is everyone so unnecessarily mean?

I have read a lot of negative comments regarding the hosts of the Chew. In some cases people have even gone so far as to personally criticize the hosts for qualities they have no control over ie: Michael's laugh, Carlas hair or voice, etc. If you really don't like the show/hosts then watch one of the many other dozens of cooking shows on TV/online. Don't waste your energy hating on someone when the solution is as simple as turning on another show. Why must we constantly attack one another?
Chic Eats