The Chew

Weekdays 1:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2011 In Season

The Chew Fan Reviews (471)

• Barn manners

I have a question, would like the name of the author/guest on your show who has a cookbook which includes manners from her barn.
  • The Chew

I learn something new every day on the Chew. My favorite
  • Most dreadful Holiday gift ever!!!

I know the mass majority of reviews for holiday fruit cakes is overwhelmingly boo, hiss and o my god noooo! However, I am one of the very few individuals who love the fruitcake and I would love to make one of my own but with a pleasurable twist... Rum soaked, moist and tasty. I know it can be done and if anyone can help me I would put my trust in you fine individuals to help me create a fruit cake that is not a dreaded encounter. Please help!! Rose in San Diego, CA.
  • Only cowards bully on the internet

These people have been picked for their talents and uniqueness. Carla Hall has and always has had a quirky personality and they play to it on purpose for laughs and I am glad they do. Shows like the Pioneer Woman who talks in monotone listing her ingredients make me sleepy. Yah Clintons crafting is sometimes tacky but so what. Michael has a girl giggle big deal. Daphne not sure what anyone's problem is except maybe she isn't on the same level of chef as the others. I don't like Clinton's beard either but its his choice. Mario does have a bit of an attitude with the others perhaps he thinks he has earned it in his career I don't know and I don't care how he pronounces onion but I like what he and Michael cook. Carla's food is less to my taste because she is more towards baking which is a great talent I don't have. And I don't care what Michael called that dish Goulash or Moulash it looked awesome and delicious and I can't wait to try it.

So if you have complaints you JUST CAN'T LIVE WITH ABOUT THESE PEOPLE turn off your tv otherwise enjoy what they do even if there are some things you don't love, like Clinton's beard. Don't come to places like this and anonymously bully is says you have a sad life.
  • Hungarian goulash

The recipe for Hungarian goulash was way off. As,a true Hungarian it was bad , yiu have probably not had true Hungarian goulash which is a soup with vegetables...
  • Halloween Handouts

I hand out Mardi Gras beads, the kids love them, and less expensive than candy. We collect them at the parades.
  • Asia from stone mountain ga

I hate that they don't work with gloves with the food after they touch everything. GrosGross me out.
  • Are you getting this? For Michael Symon

... really? Spaghetti squash for the Thanksgiving table? Uh-huh. Who do you think loves watching cooking shows, other foodies or ??? Spaghetti squash has the texture of styrofoam and you know it. It would Never oh, did I say NEVER yet? cut it on the Thanksgiving table, sir. Why waste space and sharpened taste buds at Thanksgiving? Dude, you underestimate your viewing audience, for shame!

• Attitudes

I use to like watching, I feel Mario acts like he is better than the rest of the crew. He always talks down to the others. Then there's Carla who has really changed and acts like she is queen. I love Michael he is a great chef!!!! Daphne is just ok. Clinton is a bit silly. I don't watch anymore but if I see Mario is gone I might flip back and forth from People's Court.
  • obnoxious Jamie Lee

I watch the show religiously and I never felt so much animosity towards a guest as I did her. Because of her reckless nature with the granola I may stop eating it, only kidding. Although I did want to take that tiara and stick it up her was awful and extremely disrespectful. If 17 years sober makes her that way, she needs a drink.
  • Awsome Bread & J. Lee Frightrain

She gives a bad name to the sober.... I am having trouble finding the recipes section. I'll try that box at the top of page, but it looks like it's going to take me to an entirely different program. Thanks, Mike
  • Jamie Lee Curtis

I thought Jamie Lee Curtis was rude to the whole cast. I couldn't wait for her to leave. I felt bad for Clinton. She acted like she just wanted to promote her show, and had no interest in what Clinton was doing. She has no class. I'm rating a one because there is no zero.
  • Jamie Lee Curtis

If you ever have her on your show again, I will immediately shut it off. She was obnoxious and rude and showed very little class, wanting to talk about herself THE ENTIRE TIME. Whoever scheduled her, def didn't do their homework. Horrible!!
  • Have you???

Have any of you ever made Bread Puddin using Assorted Donuts. You have to try it at least once!!!
  • Raviolo, "raviolis"

Sept. 16th episode "We'll Have What You're Having" features Mario making leftover pulled pork, potato salad, and peas into

As a native Italian he should know that the plural of raviolo is ravioli, not The same can be said of "panino" and is no

Then Clinton has a segment with a guest chef in which they make chicken kabobs. After the guest chef places the raw chicken kabobs on the grill with her bare hands, he then prompts her to add raw cucumber to the accompanying salad. Cross contamination should be addressed here! I am a little disappointed, since many home cooks do not know these rules and the result could be food poisoning!

I love the show, but these concerns should be considered and addressed. After all, many of us watch the show to not only be entertained, but to be educated.

As an aside, I have tried to edit this review 5 times, yet key words are omitted, which defeats the purpose, since the message is not clear. MY point was to use the proper terms for "raviolo" and plural "ravioli" but these words were left out of my initial paragraph! It IS the same with "panino" and "panini" but due to omitted words, the review appears otherwise. Maybe you don't really want to know what your viewers my draft the correct words appear, but in the posted review they are missing!
  • pronunciation

Could someone PLEASE tell Mario that ONION is pronounced UN-YUN There is NO G in onion I love the Chew but hearing that word pronounced incorrectly makes me crazy:)
  • Creepy

I wish the producers would address the extremely inappropriate and creepy "unkie so and so" titles that Michael Symon and the rest of the crew uses when referring to each when it's used, it's in a childlike tone and it's like the crew takes a step back in their childhood where they are "playing house It is so weird and uncomfortable.

Sometimes MS makes sexual innuendos that are inappropriate and uncalled for. Such bad timing and he often sounds like the creepy drunk uncle at a family reunion that seems to always make the wrong jokes at the wrong time and only he laughs at them.

These adjustments would at least help this show, otherwise, I can enjoy cheesy humor. But they really need to edit it down for a noon, FOOD program because it's completely possible to be funny without being perverted.

• Are you smarter then a fifth grader?

Carla and Daphne act like misbehaved little children , can't take it no more! The show would be at least watchable without them. The point is, I no longer watch the show.
  • Boring last few episodes.

I watch this daily, but the shows from the end of July & beginning on August have been terrible.

The choice of food being prepared has been garbage. Mario preparing mexican something with an egg on it, ugh, then Clinton dying pillow cases??? What the heck does this have to do with a food show. Below is a comment asking the Chew to remove Michael & Carla, are they kidding!1 I'm saying the person who should get removed is Clinton. He is a terrible host, has no pizazz, and spends most of his time on the show making crafts????? If you want to keep him PLEASE ask him to shave he looks very ridiculous with that beard
  • Michael and Carla are so annoying, they both need to go!

Every episode Michael will ALWAYS bring up one or more of the following:

Lizzy, The Browns, Cleveland, Greek. Get over yourself Michael and stop trying to be the center of attention. You and your sick laughter are disgusting, get off the show!

Carla, you act like a clown bouncing and dancing around and no matter what anybody is cooking, you always have to make little know it all remarks on the side. You and Michael always try to compete for the spot light. You need to get off the show too!!!!
  • sea salt

Why SEA SALT emphasis? ALL mined salt is sea salt. It is mined from ancient sea beds that were deposited long before man was filling the seas with toxic chemicals!
  • Mean People chttrbx128....

You asked "Why are people so Mean?" They are mean because they are anonymous and can be. They are cowards. They would Never say anything like that to any of these peoples faces. They are haters and enjoy every minute of hating. They are also mean because they actually enjoy when people comment back to them. They should be Ignored Always. If people would Stop replying to them they would go away. Just ignore them and Hope that nobody you know nobody like them. Why do you suppose they continue to watch a show and the people on it yet write Hateful things? That makes Zero sense, right?? Have a great day and Enjoy the Chew and all the wonderful cast ;)
  • Why are people so mean???

I am reading these reviews and I just can't believe what people are writing. If you don't like the cast or the way the show has changed just stop watching it. People will write the rudest things online but won't say it to their faces. It's very cowardly and annoying. It seems as if some of you are jealous of daphony oz and of the others success.
  • Cartoon or Cooking Show

Why is this show becoming more and more like a bad joke? Very little time spent on "cooking" while more and more time spent on cartoon characters. Jokes and laughing are one thing but leave that to the Comedy Channel.. These so called Chefs are looking like amateur comedians.. No wonder show not on a cooking or food channel.. I hate that these prob great chefs are being looked at as a joke..
  • #1 chew don't need PAULA

you'll are number 1 you don't need to try and help paula do a come back !!the type of person she is she might just take your spot on tv!!!!!! hope not love the chew most of the guest love them but just not one of paula" a fans and never will be!!!!!keep up the good work on the chew love it.

• Daphne needs to go ...

PLEASE ask her to take a permanent leave this time! She is such a HAM and constantly interjects ridiculous remarks which can sometimes be sexual in nature. Just because her father - a doctor with whom most true MD's in NYC have serious concerns.... is pimping his title for the money and fame .. doesn't mean his daughter is a food or health expert. She is annoying and is always playing up to the camera and yesterday as she was seated between two hunky male guests talking to each other over her .. she then picked up two links of sausage and started playing with them ???????????????????????????????
  • love this show

we love watching The Chew, everyone is funny, great food, enjoying watch this show everyday, Monday --Friday,
  • daphne

Time to say so long

Daphne offers nothing but being a food taster. She is such a vulture you would think she has never eaten

She looks so stuffed into her clothes. Not because she is pregnant again but because she eats like there will be no tomorrow. Get someone with personality who can bring something to the table. This woman is useless..
  • Replace or get rid of Daphne

Please replace Daphne Oz with someone who is more knowledgeable about cooking! She is so concerned about the way she looks chewing food and acting "adorable" that she contributes nothing of value to the show. I know she is pregnant but her stylist needs to help her find more outfits flattering to her growing shape. I agree with the previous poster that she watches the food like it will be snatched from her at any moment.
  • Daphne's Gotta Go!

I know Daphne's had weight issues & is pregnant again, but she is disgusting to watch. She takes bigger mouth-fulls than the men on the show. She licks her fork/spoon & fingers afterwards. If she's not shoveling food in her mouth, she's staring at it like she's afraid someone 's going to take it away. Seems she's only there to eat because she contributes absolutely nothing! Serious hope she doesn't return next season.