The Chicago Code Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

CANCELLED! Bring back Chicago Code next season!

ChiaraBrown

[1]May 11, 2011
    • level: 1

Folks, let's get Fox to change their minds and give our favorite show another chance! Join our Facebook Group - Bring The Chicago Code Back!

Click here to join:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-The-Chicago-Code-Back/144366698969024

Also, let Fox know directly that you want Chicago Code on the air! Tell them why you love it and (politely) that it should get a second season!

Email:

askfox@foxinc.com

Snail Mail:

Mr. Kevin Reilly

Fox Broadcasting Co.

10201 W. Pico Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90064-2606

Phone:

310-369-1000.

If calling during business hours, ask to be transfered to Mr. Reilly's voice mail. Tell them it is about The Chicago Code and they will transfer the call. If you are calling during non business hours, there will be instructions on how to reach his voice mail. Just follow them and you will get the voice mail.

Make our voices heard and save this excellent show!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-The-Chicago-Code-Back/144366698969024

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sci-Fi_Fan

[2]May 11, 2011
    • level: 23
    ChiaraBrown wrote:

Folks, let's get Fox to change their minds and give our favorite show another chance! Join our Facebook Group - Bring The Chicago Code Back!

Click here to join:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-The-Chicago-Code-Back/144366698969024

Also, let Fox know directly that you want Chicago Code on the air! Tell them why you love it and (politely) that it should get a second season!

Email:

askfox@foxinc.com

Snail Mail:

Mr. Kevin Reilly

Fox Broadcasting Co.

10201 W. Pico Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90064-2606

Phone:

310-369-1000.

If calling during business hours, ask to be transfered to Mr. Reilly's voice mail. Tell them it is about The Chicago Code and they will transfer the call. If you are calling during non business hours, there will be instructions on how to reach his voice mail. Just follow them and you will get the voice mail.

Make our voices heard and save this excellent show!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-The-Chicago-Code-Back/144366698969024

What???!! When was it cancelled! This is an awesome show! Though saying that, it seems right that FOX would cancel it.

jrob28

[3]May 11, 2011
    • level: 5
    Maybe it could go to FX and become even better. Or something. I don't know why I get involved with anything on Fox.

D-DawgMan1

[4]May 11, 2011
    • level: 48
    Fox practically cleaned house this season. They cancelled Human Target, Lie to Me, The Chicago Code, Breaking In, and Traffic Light. Heck, they even cancelled a lot of pilots they were thinking about.

Heck, the only shows that were brought back were House and all of the animated ones. That's what I can think of. Man, FOX, what is the matter with you?

TheBam711

[5]May 11, 2011
    • level: 9

I said this in another thread...Fox, like other companies, is a business. There would be no point in having a business and not make money from something. If the big four networks (CBS, Fox, ABC, NBC) had the show, they would most likely cancel it as well. (Actually, maybe not NBC because that would be pretty good numbers for them.) Even your favorite cable networks such as AMC, TNT, USA Network, etc would cancel a show that did horribly in ratings/viewers. It's part of business and has always been and will always be for every company. (Yes, I did like the show and am sad that the show had to go...but like I said..it's part of business, not about having feelings for the show..)

Edited on 05/11/2011 11:43am

Sci-Fi_Fan

[6]May 11, 2011

D-DawgMan1 wrote:
    Fox practically cleaned house this season. They cancelled Human Target, Lie to Me, The Chicago Code, Breaking In, and Traffic Light. Heck, they even cancelled a lot of pilots they were thinking about. Heck, the only shows that were brought back were House and all of the animated ones. That's what I can think of. Man, FOX, what is the matter with you?

I read somewhere that they cancelled a lot of shows in order to make room in their fall schedule for Simon Cowell's US version of The X Factor so that's why they were pretty harsh on a lot of shows.

greysncis2010

[7]May 13, 2011
    • level: 11
    It's sad. The Chicago Code is a good show, good story, good acting, good directing... I don't like another reality show, we have too many of those. We are killing the creativity of the entertainment industry with all of these reality shows.

MrsDonEppes

[8]May 13, 2011
    • level: 7
    If this is actually true it is even sadder, we are going to be stuck with TV reality garbage. The cancellation of Lie to me does make sense, it ran its course, but The Chicago Code is great.

Sci-Fi_Fan wrote:

D-DawgMan1 wrote:
    Fox practically cleaned house this season. They cancelled Human Target, Lie to Me, The Chicago Code, Breaking In, and Traffic Light. Heck, they even cancelled a lot of pilots they were thinking about. Heck, the only shows that were brought back were House and all of the animated ones. That's what I can think of. Man, FOX, what is the matter with you?

I read somewhere that they cancelled a lot of shows in order to make room in their fall schedule for Simon Cowell's US version of The X Factor so that's why they were pretty harsh on a lot of shows.

cross_mr

[9]May 14, 2011
    • level: 9
    Good lord I'm getting sick of this. They also cancelled The Good Guys.
    You know what? There can only be one number 1 in every time slot, and eventually some of these networks are going to have to accept that it's ok being #2 sometimes. It's not always about winning a time slot, it can be about building a brand, that's what a long-time series does. See The Simpsons and Law & Order.

thatmonkey

[10]May 14, 2011
    • level: 10

Great show, actually amazing! This show was fresh, exciting and going places. Not sure what Fox thinks they are going to do in order to replace, but something tells me that they won't be adding an hour of programming any where this good.

reb124

[11]May 16, 2011
    • level: 2
    I think the story line became boring. My wife lost interest in the show half way through the season. I enjoyed the show, but how many episodes can you repeat the same story of chasing Gibbons?

saphire382

[12]May 17, 2011

i expected it. i liked it though but no sense in running a show to the ground before cancelling it like they are doing with gossip girl

but why cancel great shows for the sake of x factor? madness i guess. Everything in life is about balance. they have to balance reality with fiction. if thy keep shoving reality in our faces very soon no one will be watching

Sci-Fi_Fan

[13]May 17, 2011
    saphire382 wrote:

i expected it. i liked it though but no sense in running a show to the ground before cancelling it like they are doing with gossip girl

but why cancel great shows for the sake of x factor? madness i guess. Everything in life is about balance. they have to balance reality with fiction. if thy keep shoving reality in our faces very soon no one will be watching

I agree completely!

carlejeune

[14]May 18, 2011
    • level: 6

I wonder if attacking Chicago politicians hit too close to home for someone and they got the show cancelled

haldrey

[15]May 18, 2011
    • level: 22

They also cancelled this show? Hell, FOX went into a cancellation spree, I heard that they cancelled show that were cancelled years back. For what is left they might go ahead and cancel the entire network.

Edited on 05/18/2011 8:43pm

saphire382

[16]May 24, 2011
    carlejeune wrote:

I wonder if attacking Chicago politicians hit too close to home for someone and they got the show cancelled

i was wondering the same thing

Sci-Fi_Fan

[17]May 24, 2011
    saphire382 wrote:
    carlejeune wrote:

Well, I remember reading somewhere that the Chicago Mayor was disappointed when the show was cancelled because it brought a lot of business to the city. I'm sure anyone watching it knows that it is fiction and not reality.

rgh59b4

[18]May 24, 2011
    • level: 1

This is one of the best new shows of the season. I trust Fox will rethink it's decision. I believe that the show is being cancelled for political reasons as it hits too close to the truth.

saphire382

[19]May 24, 2011
    Sci-Fi_Fan wrote:
    saphire382 wrote:
    carlejeune wrote:

Well, I remember reading somewhere that the Chicago Mayor was disappointed when the show was cancelled because it brought a lot of business to the city. I'm sure anyone watching it knows that it is fiction and not reality.

fiction can sometimes reflect reality

Dec1964

[20]May 24, 2011
    • level: 33

I Wish This Show Wasn't Cancelled & Yes I Do Want A Second Season.....!