The Chicago Code Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Season 1, Episode 8: "Wild Onions" - Discussion Topic (Spoilers)

Sci-Fi_Fan

[1]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 23

Since there's been some support in discussing each episode, I thought I'd open a discussion thread here.

So this has been created to discuss episode 8 entitled "Wild Onions."

Synopsis: During a heatwave, Wysocki and Evers investigate a homicide where the son actually saw his father's murder. In the meantime, Colvin gets a new driver. And Gibbons reaches out to Liam to help him with his constituents.

-----

I, for one, thought this was a brilliant episode! I really liked Bidwell - I thought he came across really well - but the major development, I think, has to be Vonda and Isaac! I've been waiting for those two to come together and it finally happened!

Edited on 04/12/2011 4:15am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

greysncis2010

[2]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 11

Ya, I agree with you. I like this episode. The story line's unfolding.

haldrey

[3]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 22
    Good, interesting and entertaining episode. I am not too fond of plots where kind are hurt in anyway, or killed, but other than that the episode was pretty good. This is one show where all characters are interesting, including the new bodyguard/driver.

StarJock2

[4]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 6

This was a great episode that was built around a heat wave in the big city. This show, and especially this episode, does a wonderful job of developing realistic characters which are neither black or white. good or bad. Rather it shows how complex human beings can be. The councilman who wheels-and-deals at high levels, yet still goes door to door to help the people in his borough and carries a history going back many years of the people in his neighborhood. The undercover policeman who is conflicted with the duplicity of his assignment; carrying out vicious acts that are against his nature to establish his credentials in order to take down a councilman that he is beginning to see as not completely as bad as he has been told. The terror experienced by a young policewoman as she discovers she is separated from her partner and all alone on a dangerous search for a criminal; followed by her seeking sex and security with her partner in her shower.

Sci-Fi_Fan

[5]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 23

StarJock2 wrote:

This was a great episode that was built around a heat wave in the big city. This show, and especially this episode, does a wonderful job of developing realistic characters which are neither black or white. good or bad. Rather it shows how complex human beings can be. The councilman who wheels-and-deals at high levels, yet still goes door to door to help the people in his borough and carries a history going back many years of the people in his neighborhood. The undercover policeman who is conflicted with the duplicity of his assignment; carrying out vicious acts that are against his nature to establish his credentials in order to take down a councilman that he is beginning to see as not completely as bad as he has been told. The terror experienced by a young policewoman as she discovers she is separated from her partner and all alone on a dangerous search for a criminal; followed by her seeking sex and security with her partner in her shower.

I totally agree!