The Chopping Block Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

this show suks

musiliu

[1]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 11
    i dont like this show... its not half as good as hell's kitchen or even kitchen nightmares...
    i know that michael pierre or whatever his name is is not trying to be like gordon ramsay but he is boring
    also the show is very disorganized and badly structured, and it makes the show confusing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

elroberto78

[2]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 4
    Well, I must say I disagree with you. I found it more interesting than Hell's Kitchen, etc with all the fake arguments and Gordon hamming it up for the cameras. Marco Pierre White is certainly not trying to be like Gordon Ramsey. This is the man who reduced a young Ramsey to tears and ran what became known as the 'SAS' of the catering industry.He doesn't need to blast off a hundred expetives a minute as he can say more with a stare. You could tell how much the contestants were terrified off him. The only fault I would have with the show is the quality of some of the contestants. Half of them wouldn't last five minutes in a professional kitchem. However, there are clearly some talented cooks there and if they take what he says on board they'll have a future as he's trained more michelin starred chef's than probably anybody else.

wingsabre

[3]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 13
    I find it better than Hells Kitchen, and more respectable, but I don't see it lasting. This series is an adaptation of an Australian series, for Americans, but in reality it's combining two reality competitions into one; the Australian "Chopping Block", and the British "The Restaurant" which is known in BBC America as "Last Restaurant Standing." They should have stayed with the original concepts. If they were doing true "Chopping Block" then they should do something similar to Kitchen Nightmares. If they wanted to do "Last Restaurant Standing," then they should follow that format. I think the "Last Restaurant Standing" format is much better. They had 10 teams of two, with each owning their own restaurant. The judge/chef would have two to three assistants reporting to him about each restaurant for a week. Their reports would deal with the service, the food, the pace of service, the wait time, and the profit that's brought in. The judge/chef would then pick two or three teams to undertake an elimination challenge the next week. The worst would get eliminated. That format brings less fake drama in, from people in each team trying to outlast each other, and instead focuses on the drama that occurs between couples. For example, brothers hating each other's guts, husband and wife drama, etc... A format would be much more successful in my mind. It would be very much like The Amazing Race, but with food.

musiliu

[4]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 11
    well... after watching the 2nd episode, i dont think this show is as bad as i first thought...
    but it got better because they got rid of the stupid movie screen things on the top and bottom..

but i hate that stupid annoying old b1tch lisa on the red team...

Thracozaag

[5]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 5
    Angie is by far the most insufferable.

Thracozaag

[6]Apr 8, 2009
    HAHA!

Bu-bye biatches

Serious

[7]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    I like this show. The host seems to really want to help the contestants. He gives demonstrations and advice. He can be intimidating without yelling or the use of profanity that Chef Ramsey uses. Don't get me wrong I like Hell's kitchen as well. but it seems to me that on that show they purposely find incompetent chefs so we can laugh at them for comedy value. That show just doesn't work with actual intelligent chefs. For that reason I don't think you could really compare the two shows. So while I enjoy looking at Hell's kitchen I don't take it seriously. Now Bravo's Top Chef is a show I would compare Chopping Block. Each of the contestants knows how to cook. Its really a question of how well they know. Do they bring any special skills to the table. There have been times when a professionally trained classic chef have lost to Chef with some city college skills but mostly self taught. Those are the type of challenges I like to see. I hope that chopping block returns.

Thracozaag

[8]Apr 23, 2009

musiliu wrote:
    but i hate that stupid annoying old b1tch lisa on the red team...

And how; what a horrible harpy she is.

coin21

[9]May 7, 2009
    • level: 8

You can't really say that he is trying to be like G. Ramsay, cause if you did not know,he is/was Ramsays mentor, so it is more the other way around!!

Like both this, Hell's K., Ramsays Nightmares and Top Chef.