The City Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 0000)

Olivia

stellarchick86

[1]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 32
    Does ANYONE here like Olivia? At first I gave her the benefit of the doubt because they sort of marketed this almost exactly like The Hills as far as characters go, and they seemed to give Olivia the 'Heidi' role. This isnt Olivias fault really, it just sort of happened (with like how Alli is like Audrina who's sort of 'darker' and always has guy problems and is new to the cast (Audrina 'auditioned' to be on the show or something), Erin is supposed to be like the sweet down-to-earth best friend like Whitney was for Lauren, and Olivias supposed to be like the snobby not-so-down-to-earth girl whos more about looks). So like I said I gave her the benefit of the doubt and tried to see how I would feel about her naturally. I didnt have an opinion one way or the other like I did with the other cast (Alli can be cool when shes not having BF problems and I love Erin and ofc Whitney) but these past couple episodes made me not like her. She asked what Whitney thought of that party and then proceeds to say "We shouldnt talk about this here, be professional and seperate work/play relationships bla bla" in that condescending tone..then why did you ask? Then she did little things like make Whitney late for Jays things and then sit there and make fun of it the whole time. Then tonight Whitney was trying to talk and she just but right in going on about herself. Usually Whitney will stop what shes saying and let Olivia speak but I like that tonight she just kept talking. I think even Whitneys getting sick of her. She always seems to be condenscending and houlier-than-thou and I notice she really only has her cousin as a friend, just like Heidi did with Spencer. I just dont like her anymore. I think I even liked Heidi more than her. What does everyone else think?
    Edited on 02/16/2009 10:54pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Skittles2008

[2]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 9
    I just like olivia cause she is drama. without her there would be no drama.

stellarchick86

[3]Feb 18, 2009
    Skittles2008 wrote:
    I just like olivia cause she is drama. without her there would be no drama.

Yeah I guess thats true but I just meant personality-wise. Although me personally Im more interested in Erins love drama, Allis love drama and her deal with Kelly, and Whitney being Whitney than Olivias snide remarks. I guess thats me though.

claire0788

[4]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 12
    I dont like her, shes rude, irritating and so up herself.

Id quite happily watch the city without her in it. She doesnt cause that much drama in the show, shes just a moo =P

SgtCashmere

[5]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 15
    I like Olivia! I think she will add more drama as the series continues. In the preview for tomorrow night's episode, it shows her stealing credit for Whitney's work. I love how nasty she is becoming LOL! I like it when there's an evil chick in shows like these. Not to mention she's incredible freaking pretty -- personality and mounds of make up aside.

stellarchick86

[6]Mar 3, 2009
    Well whatever shread of likability Olivia had to me is totally gone now after last nights episode. That was just a horrible thing to do and I dont even think Heidi wouldve done that. She wouldve been like "oh well Elodie helped me on this too..come on over Elodie and meet so-and-so!" Olivia just stood there taking full credit while Whitney was 2 FEET AWAY! I wouldve smacked her upside the head if I was Whitney. And at least Heidi had a tiny bit of a personality, I dont think Olivia has much at all.

bliarxoxo

[7]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 15
    oliva is like w/e she is the drama in the show because lets face it withey is not really dramatic

stellarchick86

[8]Mar 8, 2009
    bliarxoxo wrote:
    oliva is like w/e she is the drama in the show because lets face it withey is not really dramatic

I respect your opinion on what youre saying, but I just have to say something about it. Trust me I usually find the dramatic/villain type characters on tv shows the best but usually I can find something good about them. Maybe deep down they are vulnerable and have a good heart, maybe they are entertaining and can make me laugh, but I see nothing good about Olivia. Shes very houlier-than-thou and snobby and when shes not that she just doesnt have much of a personality. The only good thing about is is that shes pretty and dresses well. So Im just saying from my perspective, as the original poster here, that I cant even enjoy her just for the drama because usually I like the dramatic characters because theres something good about them.

heroesfan07

[9]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 21
    She is sooo up herself!I really dislike her aswell she is really rude to Whitney all the time.

Adelette

[10]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 42
    Jess I totally agree. I always tend to like the villains when they have a softer side to them, or something vulnerable about them. I didn't find anything vulnerable or soft about Olivia. I am one of the few that actually like Heidi, because I remember how she used to be when she and Lauren were BFF's and roommates - I don't think she is a bad person at all, just someone who got caught up in a bad relationship and doesn't know how to get out. Olivia on the other hand is pure evil.

DarrellWasyk

[12]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 3
    I couldn't stand her from day one, she's a snob and a bee-achh! But I guess she's the "Spenser" of the show.

stellarchick86

[13]Apr 1, 2009
    Adelette wrote:
    Jess I totally agree. I always tend to like the villains when they have a softer side to them, or something vulnerable about them. I didn't find anything vulnerable or soft about Olivia. I am one of the few that actually like Heidi, because I remember how she used to be when she and Lauren were BFF's and roommates - I don't think she is a bad person at all, just someone who got caught up in a bad relationship and doesn't know how to get out. Olivia on the other hand is pure evil.

Lol! Thanks, and Im glad you agree =) And yeah compared to Olivia, Heidi was an angel, but out of the 4 (Lauren, Audrina, Whitney, Heidi) Heidi was my least fave. I actually had a similar situation with my ex-bff, she was the Heidi and I was the Lauren. She was always ditching me for her boyfriend or would sit there and talk to him on the phone all the time when I was hanging out with her and it got ridiculous so I cut off the ties and Im much better off for that and many other reasons. So I just dont respect people who do something bad and then totally act like they didnt know what they were doing was bad or inconsiderate or whatever when its pretty obvious. I personally think though they are keeping this going or drama purposes, Heidi had said sorry and tried to make amends a few times and Lauren keeps saying no when Lauren is keen to accept apologies of other people who she wasnt BFFs with. So yeah in that sense Heidi isnt that bad. Im not one to hold a grudge against someone who did something to someone else when that someone else forgives them ya know? Its like what business is it of mine to not like them for it when they didnt even do anything to me personally. But I guess Olivia would be more like Spencer like the poster above me said because he always had something quick to say about someone in a negative way like with Olivia and all her little comments where as if Spencer said somthing to Heidi like "God I cant believe that after you ran into Lauren last night you talked to her, she is so stupid" Heidi would be like "hey" and shake her head like she disaproves lol.