The Class

CBS (ended 2007)

THEJELLYBEAN66

The Class Fan Reviews (155)

• An unexpected and refreshing sit com that really pushes the envelope.

This was great. I really liked the darkness, totally unexpected in a "sit com"! Most of the other sit coms are so formulaic and everything is solved by the end but this one was truly something different. What other shows have people accidentally running someone over on their first date and then courting whiles she's in the hospital. Or when she actually killed a bunny with her high heels - I loved the gay husband and was waiting for the episode when he would come out of the closet! A daughter named Oprah? A hostage situation? I loved it! BRING IT BACK!
  • The Class is available on YouTube!

I will never understand CBS's decision to cancel The Class, it was one of the funniest shows on TV. I have been waiting for over a year for the only season to come out on DVD, but there still isn't a release date. However, I am happy to say that I was able to find all of the episodes on YouTube. They come in three seperate segments, but the whole season is out there. The downside to that is, I am only reminded of how good the show really was it opened up the same wound again. I know it's just a tv show, but when they put stuff like Worst Week on, I just don't get it. It should be called Worst Show.
  • The Class is one of the best sit-coms for the 00's.

The show was about a group of third grade class mates and the intertwined lives they lead at Twenty eight. The first (and only) season of the show is hilarious and works for the same reason other classic sit-coms do. Great writing, strong individual characters and a wonderful ensemble cast. The class constantly served up laugh loud situation and witty one liners during the strong first season. The Class had a lot more potential and a lot more to give. The show got consistently stronger through the first season run. What a real shame The Class is one the season one scrap heap.
  • Third grade classmates reunite.

This show is so hilarious. I love the writers of this show. They are just so lovable. They gave us so much laughter and entertainment every week. God bless them! They are just so great. The show also has great storylines. Adultery, revenge, love, reunions, hospitalization, marriage to a gay man... They are just to great. Every episode is so hilarious. We have been blessed with yet another hit CBS show. This series is my new best friend. It is one of the best shows on television. It is absolutely fabulous. It is a personal favorite, and a classic, in my opinion. Unfortunately, CBS chose Rules of Engagement over this show, and it was replaced with the worst show on television: The Big Bang Theory.
  • The Class is a sitcom written by David Crane (Friends) and Jeff Klarik (Mad About You) about a group of 28 year olds who shared a third grade class back in the day! It has just finished its first season and has been rejected for a second.

I thought that this was going to be a sad copy of Friends that would not work but then I watched it! It was hilarious in both verbal and physical comedy, done with excellent timing! Each character had attributes that make them individual and because they are adults they each have their own lives to deal with, which is done with excellence. It is wrong that it is finished but I have heard a rumour that it is going to be taken up by ABC, message me if you have any info!
    There were a few problems that I found initially with the sitcom but these also drew me to it, being that there were alot of stories going on at one time. Even though this made it slightly more confusing it also made me enjoy the sitcom more because there was something new to quench my thirst for stories.
    Another problem is also that not many of the episodes finished with everything being resolved, even though this did not follow the general rules of sitcoms it did draw me to the next episode and make me want to keep watching.
    The series finale was absolutly perfect! The way that Duncan and Kat used each other set up a perfect springboard into the next season. Also the Richie and Lina wedding would definatly be something to look forward to and how the whole Nicole-Duncan and Ethan-Kat situation would work itself out.
    Overall a fabulous sitcom!
    XxkissessxX
  • How I miss this show.

This is the best Comedy show ever to not get its fair chance at surviving on television. It didn't revolutionize sitcom television but it did contain magnificent story lines, writing, and acting. As a viewer, I genuinely grow an extreme affection for the members of the cast, and that is something that just does not happen all that much in my television experiences. When CBS decided to not bring this show back and went with the absolutely rancid 'How I Met Your Mother,' I almost boycotted CBS. Many shows fail where this one succeeded - too many shows have zero charisma. This show oozes charisma and great storytelling from the screen. I miss it dearly.
  • Third grade classmates reunite.

• Loved this show it';s a low down dirty shame it's no longer aired....sob

I really enjoyed this show. I wish they would bring it back.. It's hard for me to find a show with the same sense of humor. It's a shame that the show is no longer aired. Does anyone know if there is a dvd for the season? I hope that there is a petition that can make the show come back on. Why did the show end anyway? I felt that there really are people out there like everyone of the characters. It would just kinda make you laugh about life, when everyone is so serious. There is no more laughter or looking on the lighter side of life anymore. All Ihave to say I loved this show and it's a shame.
  • What a good show

I must say I loved the series, watched all the episodes in 3 days only to learn that the show had been cancelled ... why. Granted it was not an original idea, granted it was predictable and granted it had a few too many charachters, but I felt the writers were weaving all of them together nicely. Another show which had great potential but on the rubbish heap of fate. Shame on the TV companies, this could have been big and potentially made them many more millions. Hope the actors move onto bigger and better. I do hope that after a successful run on the international scene, the actors are paid a load more to come back... if this happens they will have a lot more bargaining power.
  • BRING THE SHOW BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 This was the best show last year, and so why on earth did we cancel it? Seriously.

Why did we cancel this show?

I loved it. I watched it every monday night, and I watched it on a plane to Calgary to go visit family. Why was it cancelled? Gawd, this show was awesome!!!

First, the same writers as Friends?! I would think that alone would get a good few seasons. And the dude who wrote Gilmore Girls? I LOVED THAT SHOW!!! Bring this show back.

Or else deal with me.

Because it's awesome. It was funny, very good, and it really needs to be brought back. I sat there this year, waiting for it to come back, dreading that it had been cancelled. My worst fear came true.

WHA??!!

I think it's time to bring it back. I mean, at least give it a couple of seasons. One season of comedy isn't enough. It could have been great, and yet, it got cancelled. Crud.
  • The Class is a great show!

Please bring back "The Class"!! It is so funny and original. I hope at least one of the other networks pick it up and continue the story. There are so many unanswered questions about what happens to the characters. I heard someone say that it was just another "Friends" and they didn't like it because it wasn't diverse. Who cares, I'm black and I think the show is hilarious. When something is funny, it's just funny, who cares what the characters look like. I have seen the ratings and they were all good. I just really don't understand why it was cancelled to begin with.
  • The best new comedy this season, it really is, but we're canceling it.

This is a show that grew funnier as it's first and final fantastic season progressed. The show was hilarious and the characters became amazing. Richie Velch was one of my favorites, he reminds me of Ross from Friends. Well the show was canceled. It was undeserving no doubt. Now fall season there is a new CBS comedy, The Big Bang Theory, another great show, will it be canceled? I'm not sure but I don't want CBS to start a trend. Anyways this show had great writing aswell as an amazing and hilarious cast. Along with other great shows that have been canceled, The Class should still be on the air.
  • Bring Back the Class. How does a show win awards for Best New Comedy & not make it on the Fall Line-up? Is there any justice in that?

Bring Back the Class. How does a show win awards for Best New Comedy & not make it on the Fall Line-up? Is there any justice in that? Does CBS listen to it's viewers? Best New Comedy deserves a second season. I loved the show..it was original, funny, had likeable real life characters (with problems). And the actors were fresh new faces that seemed to work well together. Ethan and Kat were getting close, Nicole and Duncan were reuniting, there was still a lot to be told. Comedies are my favorites and The Class was one of the best I'd seen since they took Friends off. It's a shame that CBS doesn't know when they have a hit show from a hole in the ground. Please bring it back.
  • A good comedy

I admit, it took The Class a few weeks to find its footing. It got off to a rocky start, but once it found its way, it turned into a really good show. The episode "The Class Has A Snow Day" was the funniest show I saw all season. I loved the character of Perry and even though many hated her, I liked Holly as well. I had a feeling CBS wouldn't renew this show past its first season and sadly, I was right. The show in The Class' timeslot now is awful and I am so disappointed CBS didn't give The Class a second season. I only hope the series is released on DVD. I really miss it.
  • BRING IT BACK!!!! All characters worked great together and all the actors were funny and fresh for prime time. This show had it all, with great story lines and fabulous actors.

BRING IT BACK!!!!

All characters worked great together and all the actors were funny and fresh for prime time. This show had it all, with great story lines and fabulous actors. The Class has better characters than The Big Bang Theory... It's a great show to follow How I met Your Mother. I love Lizzy Caplan and she's a great actress with her dark humor. And Jesse Tyler Ferguson is a much better lovable nerd than all the nerds in The Big Bang Theory.

Please bring it back!!! Prime time is missing a comedy show like this. Do it for the people!!!!
  • Please bring this show back.

I don't understand how networks cancel shows so fast. Don't they realize that the Nielson ratings is a stone age technology? Also there are more than 4 networks to compete with. CW has some decent shows, and now you have a lot of cable shows on FX, TNT, USA, Bravo, etc. Ratings are not going to be as high as they used to be since there is more on. Also, they do not take Tivo/DVRs into consideration. Tivo has the technology to report what people are recording and that the neilson ratings are not in college campuses. So there goes a large 18-25 age range right there. It just blows my mind how the Singing Bee and the other rip-off Lyrics show are on the air. Are you kidding me?? Unfortunately with networks its all about money. If a show doesn't get a 20 share the first night against the most popular shows they get cancelled. I wonder is shows that did bad the first year did get cancelled today like Seinfeld, Married with Children, and The Simpsons. These shows were getting like a 2 share but they hung on and look at the success. Another example is Tru Calling. This show went against Surviver and American Idol and still had a good following but they cancelled it. This is from Nielson's site: "To comprehend the dimension of our task, let's look at the numbers. We collect information from approximately 25,000 metered households starting at about 3 a.m. each day, process approximately 10 million viewing minutes a day, and make more than 4,000 gigabytes of data available for customer access the next day. In addition, we collect and process data from 1.6 million handwritten paper diaries from households across the country during sweep periods"

So basically 25,000 people dictate what shows stay on the air. Can they just put something in all cable boxes to monitor what is watched? Seems pretty simple to me.
  • 3 weeks into the new CBS monday night comedy lineup, I feel like something is missing, "THE CLASS". One of the most funniest shows I have seen on TV in a long time. I hope someone at CBS is considering bringing it back. The wife says "DITTO".

What can I say that probably hasn't been said already, The Class was one of the most hillarious shows ever. Plain and simple. I was so looking forward to the new series this year (2007 - 2008). Although I still enjoy watching the shows CBS has to offer for Monday night, I beleive adding The Class back to the Monday night lineup would make it one of the best nights to watch TV. It brings me back to the old Thursday night (NBC) lineup around 10 to 15 years ago. So, please help bring back "THE CLASS" for all of us to enjoy. Thank you
  • Why do the networks get rid of funny shows & replace them wiith stupid reality shows?? Bring The Class back, PLEASE!

Why do the networks get rid of funny shows & replace them wiith stupid reality shows?? Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!Bring The Class back, PLEASE!
  • loved it!! fall down funny!sad it's not on this season.

This was a funny show. Funny enough to really make you laugh!! I did not know that it was canceled!!!!! Very sad about that because I never watched a tv show that was consistently funny, fall on the floor with laughter. It was good humor, once in awhile a good comedy comes along,just long enough to get into, and than it's gone. makes no sense; because there are lots of other shows that remain on the air, that are not half as funny. What was the problem with the class anyway? It had good reviews!Any one with a good sense of humor would of liked this one. I would love to watch this show!!
  • Bring it back! Bring it back!!!! Loved it and missing it this season.

Bring it back! Bring it back!!!! Loved it and missing it this season. I loved this show from the first day. It is missed in my household and among my friends. This show is very well written. The characters are in tune with each other and the actors have great chemistry on the screen. It is always on a very funny note. I have seen the actors in other projects, but in this one they all seem to shine. Just so you know, I've never written a review on any show, ever. This one has an air of the theater stage adapted to television.
  • Canceling "The Class" is a HUGE mistake!!!!!

This is the funniest show on TV. I can't believe CBS canceled it. They have no idea what is good. I am heart-broken to know that I will not be seeing it this fall. I tivo'd every episode and watched them all more than once. I have waited all summer to watch it and now I refuse to watch "The Big Bang Thery" because they canceled "The Class". The Class was a show I waited all week to see the next episode. It makes me very sad to know it is all over.

I am thinking that CBS doesn't know what good TV really is!!
  • Please bring back "The Class"!!!!

I can't believe that CBS would allow this great of a show to be cancelled. WHat were they thinking? I have never laughed so hard in my life and I spread the word about such a great show. I looked forward to Mondays at 8:30....it's a shame! This was a group of very talented actors and the chemistry was so natural and addicting! Please bring back this show! I think that CBS should look at all of these comments and think again about cancelling this show.Richey was absolutely hysterical and the chemistry between Ethan and Kat was electrifying. Please bring back "The Class"!
  • A group of elementary school students from the same class meet up some fifteen to twenty years later to form a friendship again. There is so much hilarity on this show. Right from the first episode I was hooked. I wish that they would bring the show back.

One of the best comedies I've seen since Friends. The whole scenario of the show is hilarious. Not many shows make me laugh out loud, but this one sure did. All of the characters mixed well together even though they were all so different. I think that's what made the show so great. My all time favorite character on the show is Richie Velch. Every single line he had made me chuckle. I never missed an episode and I actually looked forward to the next one. I really wish that they would bring the show back for at least one more season. I mean it won an award for crying out loud.
  • go figure....found one i like and " poof " its gone...what a shame...

Some how it seems unfair that they can bring a new show out, let you get involved with the charactors and feel like you know them personally, set you up for a " well, what are they going to do next season " and WHAM....you never get to know where they were going to take this. We all have a good idea in our heads, where we wanted this to go, and now we will never know. It puts me off watching anything new on the t.v. Is there anyway to bring it back??? I really dont know what we can do, if anything. Just guess we will all have to use our imaginations on this one..Farewell " CLASS "
  • loved the characters... witty and funny...great combination!

Very very funny show...loved it all....everyone I know did...made me laugh and thats a hard thing to do.....bring it back, we needit on TV!'The characters were detailed, believable and downright hunorous, the writing was brillant and it is definetelty needed ...too much reality on tv...give us a smile and some HOPE for genuine talent, something that is sorely lacking on tv these days.
    All the guys were perfect compliments to each other and the ladies, well you couldn't have made a better cast of characters. We actually ahd a group of friends come by for each show and we laughed so much....again something like this show IS needed and will be fully supported by its vastfan base!
  • Bring it back! Bring it back!!! Why did they take it away!!! Bring it back! I read all the blogs! Now that it is September, does anyone know it they r going to bring it back?

I am sooooooo sad! Please Bring It Back!!! My friend and I would get together every monday and watch this show. Every Single Monday!!! We would watch in awww every week as the web turned and weaved into more and more ineresting stories. When "Friends" was in it's tenth season and comming to a close I got so sad. I had come to love those six people and every joke and laugh that came was just plain fun! I was so very hopefull when The Class started and all the reviews were good. I was sure it would not be shoved into the "death closet". Alas, it seems that it has been! Please, Please, Please, Please Bring The Class Back!!!
  • Bring it back, bring it back, bring it back, bring it back

OOOH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! i do not know why the class is not coming back!!! it was funny, LOVE it. tune in every monday just to watch it. and i do not watch tv, but for this show i could not wait for next week and next week. To leave it off the way it did we could not WAIT for the new season. But no so thats that no clue on how it ends. thats just great. Thanks for nothing!!! i thought this show was great watch the first seaon every monday love it but theres crap instend cool. I WIlL NoT WaTcH No MoRe NeW ShOwS!!!!!!!
  • this was my new favorite show!!!! the cancelation was a big mistake!!!! bring back the class!!!

a new age friends. hilarious. richie was so funny! all the characters were well defined and the actors were amazing! it was a very entertaing show, and i can not belive we are never going to get closure on all of the cliff hangers. what is going to happen with Kat, duncan, and ethan??? what about lian and richies marriage?? will nicole and yonk stay together forever??? will she and duncan really never get back together?? i need to know these things! there are pleanty of other shows that got canceled, but i dont care about them. i have never even written anything for a sitcom before in my life! do not hate on david crane cbs! he is a genious. Bring Back The Class!!!!!!!!
  • My husband and I loved this show. Please bring it back!!!!!`

Bring the show back please! ksjf slkjfs lk fjslf kj slfkjl
    sfkj saldkfj asdkfj skdfj aksdfj sdjfwi dflk kj lksjf wiasdkjf sldfj kfwpo so fskj a'dofj a'sld;fj aldfkow; askdfj asdfkd asldk flskd fsl ksfjs lkdfjl slkdfj dsjfl ksdfj lkasdfj lksfj ljf sdifj dslfk jlf klf klf kjlk dlkf jdlfk lfk jdslf
    kjsrpi
    oeriewr iuewr iei dfa;'fja;fk sf;jdsf jkslfkj ls dkfj aslkfj fjwe

oijfewp ifewpi rewir uewoir ueof iusdaofi lsdkfj a lsk fjl sdkf jsdlkfj weo ire woru oiruew oiruo isdf dlsk jlksd jflksd jflk aslksdj flks jflkdfj lask jfsl dkfj lsk fj sldkf jldsk fjld kfjw io eru oewi ruoi turet gporty to pg y lksglkdjg lkjdfg
  • One of the Friends-Replacement candidates….

I was on expedition to find Friends replacement… after watching the whole first season of Joey… a little disappointment, by the way, something missing from that series…. I found this series… The Class… none of the actors is familiar for me except Andrea Anders, I'm beginning to like her by the way… I love Kat Wabler, she is so cynical…. And her friendship with Ethan is almost portray Rachel and Joey…… the cast is complex and solid in the same time… almost like Friends, of course because the writer is the same… but still this series is one of the strongest candidate that can replace Friends… I really like to see the 2nd season… no doubt that this series could make a hit… Bring It Back!!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6