The Class

The Class Goes To A Bar

Aired Unknown Nov 06, 2006 on CBS

• "Is it a drama, or comedy?"

Well, I must say---this episode really surprised me. At one point I was wondering if I was watching a drama or a comedy show.

"The Class" is doing well. The stories are getting interesting. Sometimes it seems like they aren't going anywhere, but it's all taking shape. I really like the show, and I can't wait to see what will happen next week.

People still hate this show. I don't. I would like to see what will happen next. I don't know why, but even though Holly wasn't in this episode, it was still good.

Kat is extremly funny, as usual. Ethan too. Richie is a bit confused as usual. Who knows what will happen now with Fern? And the whole Duncan/Nicole thing is full of drama.

Still, the stories need to move on. I really hope for development in the next episode. I guess we'll see.
  • The Class learns how to drink and talk.

Another Monday, just another epiosde of "the Class." this week episode they go down to the bar and drink, and talk and drink, and talk ,some and drink some more. I feel sad for that girl in a wheelchair with her legs broken. when you see a girl in a wheelchair with two broken legs, it not a bit funny. But to the people who wrote the script. they think it's funny. I like Sara gibert. I saw her in the WB series "Twins" and since the show isn't pick up by the new CW, Gibert ends up here, not doing much. Lizzy Caplan is fun to watch, but I wish I could have said the same thing for this show,
  • I don’t think he likes you as much as you like him, Moser needs an ashtray, a mountain climber that likes base camp and Carfire!

Duncan & Nicole ~ Duncan gets his old band together again and invites Nicole to come watch. She accepts until she realizes she has a charity event with the other football wives. Nicole decides to go see the band after all and Duncan sings a song that is obviously about how he feels for her. Later that same night, she calls Duncan and when they hang up, we see him in bed with Jeanie (who was obviously the school tramp)

Kat & Ethan ~ Kat and Ethan are having a drink at a restaurant when Ethan gets a call. He walks away to take the call. In the meantime, a good looking guy walks in and mistakes her for “Sue”, his blind date. She doesn’t correct him and decides to continue being “Sue”. The real Sue enters and Ethan plays “Dan”. While Kat has realized that Dan is aggressively dull. Ethan (as Dan) has hit it off well with the real Sue. The next day (as he waits for Sue at a restaurant) Ethan can’t stop telling Kat about how great Sue is and Kat can’t express enough how boring Dan was. Ethan & Sue ~ Both are having a great time when Ethan gets a call from Kat telling him he has to dump Sue. He tries to break it off with her and she thinks it’s because she has a child and tells Ethan that if he wants to bail he was free to leave. Ethan decides he wants to stay

Richie/Lina/Kat ~ Kat tries to convince Lina that Richie doesn’t like her as much as she likes him because he’s never invited her to his place. Jeanie (bar waitress) tries to hit on Richie but he tells her he has a girlfriend which Lina overhears and the fact that Richie has called her his girlfriend makes her happy. Richie gets home to a nagging wife with a horrifying question, “Who’s Lina Warbler?”

At the end of the show we see Kat and Ethan yet again having a drink at the same restaurant. Ethan gets up after both decide they want another drink.
    In his absence an attractive woman walks up to Kat and asks her if she is Kiera to which Kat takes her time before saying, “No”.

I was surprised to hear that Jon Bernthal (Duncan) actually has a decent voice. This was another hilarious episode. Yet again everyone was wonderfully in sync with each other and the storylines were good. The pairing of Jason Ritter and Lizzy Caplan was right on! I did, however; miss Perry, Holly, Yonk and Kyle in this episode. This I why I gave the show a 9.8.
  • More focused is better

The problem with The Class is that it has too many characters without enough intersections. Friends worked following separate storylines by having the characters intersect at a certain point in the storyline. That seems to not happen as much on this show. It leads to enjoying some plotlines but being able to zone out for others--such as any plotline with Holly. (The one note joke about her husband possibly being gay and she not knowing is wearing very, very thin).

But this week's story pushed Holly to the side and instead concentrates on just two plotlines. The problem is that we're covering the same ground Friends and Seinfeld did, only they did it better. The show is working so hard to keep the Kat/Ehtan thing on the backburner that Ethan's pretending to be another guy to impress Sue is...well, you can just see its doomed from the start.
  • Ethan And Kat Decide To Be Blind Dates For 2 Attractive People They Meet In A Bar, Nicole Has To Decide Whether To Go To Yonk's Charity Event Or Go To See Duncan's Band, And Richie And Lina Have A Successful Date.

I Thought This Episode Was So Funny, Kat Gives Ethan's Character 'Dan', The Surname Of Slutsky! And I Thought It Was Great To See Nicole Deciding To Go To See Duncan's Band Car Fire Perform Instead Of Going To A Charity Event For Yonk.
    Richie And Lina Have A Successful Date At Last!! :)
    Kat & Ethan Decide To Be Blind Dates For 2 Attractive People They Meet In A Bar, And It Turns Out, Kat Is Now Called 'Sue'And Ethan Or 'Dan' Ends Up On A Blind Date With This Awesome Girl Called Sue (Who Was Supposed To Be On A Date With The Real Dan)
    To Sum It Up..Great Stuff!