The Class

The Class Learns About Hurricanes

Aired Unknown Oct 02, 2006 on CBS

• A step in the right direction

I forced myself to watch this episode of \"The Class\". I enjoyed the pilot, but the second episode didn\'t strike me as funny or interesting. The characters were boring and none of the jokes were funny. I was ready to quit the show right by the end of the first act.

This week\'s episode started slow, the first act suffering from the same problems that episode 2 did. But the show picked up speed, and I\'m certain I\'ll be tuning in next Monday.

Some of the same problems:

The class still only interacts in sets or two: Ethan and Kat, Richie and Lina, Nicole and Duncan, & Kyle and Holly.

The Nicole and Duncan stories are still very sappy and unfunny. It\'s a terrible waist of Andrea Anders who was the best thing about \"Joey\".

Lucy Punch is great as Holly, but they don\'t give her enough story grab audiences. She just gets filler scenes. Sean Maguire\'s Kyle is nearly pointless.

Some improvements:

Lizzy Caplan was great and the pilot, but came across as bossy, bitter, and annoying in episode 2. She\'s back to the sarcastic and fun character that was created for her.

Now that Joanne is gone, I\'ve got a good feeling that Jason Ritter\'s Ethan is going to be a lot more tolerable.

They actually used Lina in this episode! She is by far the most original and funny character on the show.