The Class

The Class Rides a Bull

Aired Unknown Feb 26, 2007 on CBS

• Nicole decides between Yonk and Duncan and doesn't know how to break the news to the guys. Yonk takes Richie and Duncan to a western bar (to thank them for the work done on his house). Kat finds out Benjamin's heartbreaking secret.

In the episode before the finale, Nicole chooses Duncan over Yonk. This episode was so dramatic. I loved it!!! This episode was so well written and the plot was so wonderful. Benjamin was cheating on Kat! I didn't expect that. This episode was so amazing. This episode was so good and perfect for an episode before a series, or season, finale. I cannot believe that Yonk had a heart attack right when Nicole was leaving him. It was so dramatic. The writers are very creative and talented. They are what makes the show perfect, besides the actors. I believe that this episode was perfect, just like all the others.
  • Nicole packs her stuff so she can leave Yonk and Ethan finds out that Kat's boyfriend has a secert.

Oh my there was a lot of things of things happened in this episode that I really enjoyed. First I liked the parts of the episode where Yonk Duncan and Richie were and the resturaunt. All the thing that Richie was saying was really funny. I thought that it was really funny that Lina was helping Nicole pack her things she was too busy trying on Nicole's clothes. I felt really bad for Kat because she found out that the person who made her happy was seeing another girl. I thought that Ethan was a good friend to Kat for telling her the thruth.
  • Nicole and Duncan plan to tell Yonk about them, as Kat realizes that she's being cheated on and Ethan is there to comfort her.

This episode was great. Good enough to make me write my first review for this series. Its proof enough that this series is good that I haven't written one for a bad episode. Anyway, I can't believe the season is nearly over. This show is hilarious and witty- instead of just dumb like the comedies on NBC(with the exception of scrubs)- and this episode is evidence of this. I also like how it has just a tiny bit of drama, enough to make you keep watching week after week. This episode had the zingers, but it also had Kat getting her heart broken with Ethan there to comfort her, and Nicole making th tough decision to leave Yonk. I can't believe that just as Kat and Ethan are on the edge of getting together that its going to be over, at least for the season. i can't wait for those two to happen.
  • I don't want his show to end!!

Ok, the class is just getting better and better... It can't be finished! Just CAN'T! And I can't even do anything to help it, I don't live in the USA... but about this episode, was the funniest ever, well, all episodes of The Class are the funniest. But this one was also so sweet, with Kat and Ethan storyline. I hope Duncan and Nicole gets together soon, it will be hard now that Yonk had a heart attack, but I hope they can manage it! I love Nicole too, she is so funny, but I think I'm the only one that think that she is funny... And Richie, he is THE best! HAUHAHAHA
    I hope they don't cancel the show! Please!
  • Amazing. Really.

Amazing. Really. I loved the whole continuity thing. I mean, last week we had the "Ethan and Kat" and the "Nicole leaving Yonk" cliffhangers. It's so nice to see continuation to that. Richie and Lina didn't really play a major part on this episode. But Richie is SO hilarious. There wasn't any line he said that didn't make me laugh. And he riding that bull was so funny! He stood like what, one second on that thing? "What was my time?" Hilarious. And Lina helping Nicole pack and trying everything on was so funny! I love Lina. Kyle played a little part, but interesting, nonetheless. Loved how he said "Duh" when Ethan started to talk about Kat and him. It was also nice to see Kyle and Ethan's friendship have been growing closer. It's nice to see Kyle being something more than just the funny gay guy.

About Duncan/Nicole/Yonk... wow. I knew there would be something that would "screw" the whole "Nicole leaving Yonk" thing. But a heart attack... I really didn't see it coming. I love how this series joins drama and comedy, and both work SO well. I can't wait to see what will happen next week. About Ethan/Kat/Benjamin... even though the main plot of this episode was the whole thing with Duncan, Nicole and Yonk, their participation was very important and developing. I mean, I wasn't expecting Benjamin to be cheating on Kat. And Ethan finding out was so funny. That kid was cute! He was a bit nasal, but still, cute. It was also very interesting how they played the scene between Ethan and Kyle, before Ethan found out about Susan. Interesting because Ethan was showing he still thinks the idea is crazy, but when he said "It doesn't matter anyway, she's with Benjamin", it was like "Yeah, not even if I wanted to, and I don't, really, it wouldn't matter, nothing would happen", which means he has been putting a lot of thought to it. And the first scene between Kat and Ethan was already fantastic. Ethan is truly afraid of her! It was hilarious! "Are you making this about you?" "NO!!!"

It was also nice how the things were the opposite, on this episode. Last week, Ethan was "sad" because he had jus broken up with Palmer and Kat comforted him. This episode, Ethan wanted to comfort her as well, but when he opened his arms to hug Kat, and she walked towards him and crushed his fingers instead, saying "I don't need your pity hug.", which shows how proud she is, and how she doesn't like to let her feelings show. But it was so sweet how, after she broke up with Benjamin, she ran right to Ethan's place, and he opened the door and looked at Kat almost like he was already expecting her, then she just gave in and ran to his arms, starting to cry. That was incredibly sweet, and made me go all "Aaaaaaawwww!" Also, it was a very nice thing how they make the toothbrush a big thing: when she broke up with Benjamin she took her toothbrush away, saying "You don't get any part of me.". Then in the next scene she was standing in front of Ethan's door, holding the toothbrush, then she let him hug her, still holding a toothbrush - a "part of her". It was a very nice touch.

I think there are a lot of cliffhangers now, a lot of things to be explained. - What will happen to Richie/Lina's relationship? Will Fern eventually find out Holly isn't really Richie's girlfriend? Will she find out it's Lina? And what will she do? - What will happen to Duncan and Nicole? Will Yonk's heart attack be enough to make Nicole change her mind? And what will Yonk do when he finds out why Nicole was packing for?

- What will happen to Kat and Ethan, now? Will they finally admit they have feelings for each other or they will keep up with the whole "I'll annoy you to no end" act? I think those are a sign there must be a second season. There has to be. This series is just great.

• Shocking but true, Kat hates classical Music.

The biggest shock didn't come at the end of this epsiode of "the Class," but what came out of Kat's mouth was a shock. She siad that she hates classical music. I can't believe that Kat really hates classical music. I listern to classical music almost every day. And when Kat, a beautiful woman who is my favorite character in the show yelled out that she hates classical music, I was heartbroken. that reminded me of an 1976 epiosde of "One Day at a Time," when Robby Benson said that he like classical music, the audience jeered. Kat is too beutiful and smart to say anything that negative.
  • Development. Drama.

After the previous episode (which was absolutely amazing, probably one of the best), this episode didn't lose the quality. A part of the story came to a conclusion, and what will happen now?

Nicole packing, while Duncan was trying to keep Yonk on the lunch was a good story, mostly the part when Lina comes to Nicole's and thinks she's giving her clothes on sale. Also, all the scenes with Richie talking were amazing. The guy can't say anything that won't make a person laugh.

We saw the vulnerable side of Kat who was finally ready to move but, but the scumbag Benjamin was having his cake and eating it too. Now there's finally room for Ethan. Ethan also provided some good scenes in this one.

Although not as great as the previous one, it is definitely between my top 5. You just gotta love those scenes with Yonk. Even if Yonk won't be a regular next season (or if the show even gets a second season) he will be missed because everything he says is hilarious, just like Richie.

And this episode provides quite a lot of drama scenes, which makes this show just perfect. Just like the old time. The show is different than other sitcoms. And that's just what I love about this show.
  • Probably my favorite episode to date!

Probably my favorite episode to date - I laughed more times then I can count. I love the way this show has developed, and I think all of the actors/actresses are fantastic.

I REALLY hope CBS keeps this one around, it's a refreshing change from the million crime and reality shows that are on these days - good comedy is hard to come by and this one is brilliant!

Richie cracks me up everytime, and I love the Duncan/Nicole saga, and now maybe Kat & Ethan. I think all the characters are wonderful, and especially love Kyle - he's so funny.

PLEASE CBS, keep The Class in session for at least another season - it has HUGE potential and will end up a classic I'm sure.
  • This episode was so funny. Richie gets me every time.

Great episode. Even the calm parts with Benjamin and Kat where she mocked his English accent got me chuckling. The parts I loved was when they had Yonk, Richie, and Duncan. Richie is so funnyy whe he acts dumb like when he mentioned Duncan was chatting and he said whoops sorrry I crossed the line in other words though. Then at the bar they werent hungary after their T-Bones and Yonk ordered cheesteak Richie was like I'am burping hooves and sweating cow. Then Duncan wanted to just leave but couldn't because she was packing. Then Richie got on the bull and lasted all of 2 seconds. Then the series storyline got juicy as Yonk steped of the bully and collapsed of a heart attack. I can't wait til next week's episode.
  • "The toilets have saddles" and "I'm burping hooves!"

So excited to see another episode and at the same time, I'm sad that after watching this, there is only one episode left. At this time, a second season is still uncertain. IF this show should be cancelled, I do hope they plan to DVD the season.

Yonk/Nicole/Duncan/Richie/Lina:
    After thinking about it (last weeks episode) Nicole is ready to pack her things and have them in her car before she tells Yonk she's leaving him for Duncan. Yonk comes home early (he's been in Atlanta promoting his BBQ grill) before she's had time to pack. As a thank you for all the work they boys have done on his house, he offers to take Duncan and Richie out to lunch (with Nicole). Nicole says she has "lady things" to do and cannot join them but she tells the three that they should still go ahead and they do. While she's in the middle of packing, Lina shows up to meet Richie and Nicole is forced to telling her why she's packing her things. Richie has been kept in the dark about the happenings so when he calls Lina to let her know he's going to be late, she tell him it's okay because she's helping Nicole pack. When he mentions this at the table in front of Duncan and Yonk, he has no clue it's not supposed to be mentioned. Yonk thinks she's planning to surprise him with a trip. When he makes a call to cancel his appointments in anticipation of the trip, he walks away and Duncan tells Richie not to mention packing. Richie figures out why. Nicole calls Duncan and asks him to stall Yonk because she still needs more time to pack. They stall by eating more and then by riding the bull at the steakhouse.

Kat/Ethan/Benjamin:
    Kat decides to take a major step in her relationship with Benjamin by leaving her toothbrush at his place. Later on, Benjamin takes his kid in to see Ethan for a check up. He gets an important call and leaves the room. Ethan makes a comment to his son about his toy and he lets Ethan know that daddy's girlfriend "Susan" gave it to him. Confused, he tries to clarify what the kid meant by asking him questions. He comes to the conclusion that Benjamin is cheating on Kat. He tells her and she gets upset and confronts Benjamin about it herself. He has no way to escape and admits his guilt by saying "I'm sorry". She declares the relationship over, takes her toothbrush and before she walks out on him, she tells him he'll never have a piece of her (or something to that effect)

Kyle/Ethan:
    Very small part for Kyle in this episode. They trash talk each other (over who will kick who's a$$ in tennis) and talk about Kat and the possible attraction Ethan and Kat may have for each other.

In the end, Duncan is on the phone with Nicole asking her if she's done packing. She tells him she is and at the same time, Yonk is getting off the mechanical bull noting he's still got it when he grabs his chest, then his arm and falls on the mat flat on his face. Episode over.

As always, a funny episode (which I will watch yet again after I finish my review) but this time, it was a bit sad. I'd never liked David Keith before. He always had a way about him that rubbed me the wrong way but as Yonk Allen, he really won me over so I was upset not only that he was about to get his heart broken but that he had a heart attack.

I'm looking forward to the last episode and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that TPTB will give this show another season. Maybe this show would do better on another night? It won the people's choice award for a reason and I think CBS should do what it can to save this show. CBS has already killed a number of shows that I really liked and if it wasn't for "The Class", well, I'd already have stopped watching CBS even though I love the CSIs, Criminal Minds, etc.