We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Cleveland Show Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Is the Cleveland Show done?

clancg2003

[1]May 29, 2013
    • level: 3

Although there still has been no official confirmation of cancellation from FOX, we do know that The Cleveland Show will not be in the line up next fall. Because of this uncertainty, some people believe that the show is on a hiatus, and may be brought back at a later date. So my question to all of you is: Do you think that The Cleveland Show is gone for good?

My opinion? The show is done. FOX will not issue an official cancellation, but it's already dead. It will receive what the industry calls a silent or friendly cancellation. The same happened to Futurama back in 2003. Fox never officially cancelled it, they just stated that they would not order anymore episodes, and well, we know how that turned out. Even if the new show for this fall (Murder Police I think is the name.) tanks horribly, I still don't see them bringing back Cleveland. With the abysmal numbers of viewers it was getting in the last season, I can't honestly see FOX ever wanting to make a season 5 of Cleveland Show. However, this isn't the last we'll see of Cleveland Brown. I'm sure we'll see him, and perhaps his entire family moving back to Quahog in a future episode. And of course we'll get plenty of cancellation jokes when that episode happens.

As for a final farewell episode appearing later in the season (ala Futurama and KOTH)? Don't count on it. The production cycle ended back in 2011. Unless they made a secret 89th episode that no one is aware of, it's not going to happen.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thundercat2000

[2]May 30, 2013
    • level: 17

I hope Murder Police succeeds. I'm tired of seeing animated families.

thephantom

[3]Aug 19, 2013
    • level: 4
    The show is cancelled but Cleveland is coming back to Family Guy

skbrettbug

[4]Sep 22, 2013
    • level: 20
    It's a shame that this show got cancelled. i just started watching it because it was supposedly weaning out King of the Hill from Adult Swim. I really like it so far!