The Cleveland Show

Pilot

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Sep 27, 2009 on FOX

4.6
  • Cleveland and his son Cleveland Jr. leave Quahog to go to California. On the way they drive through his old hometown and he strikes up a relationship with an old flame. In the end he stays in Stoolbend, Va to be with her and her kids.

I really wanted to like this show. I enjoy Family Guy and was interested to see how this was going to be. It's not horrible, but in a way it is trying to hard to be another Family Guy. The characters just don't match up though. If you remember Family Guy was canceled at one point and revived. It took a little time to like all of the characters. I'm just not sure some of these characters that are his neighbors are that likable. Were you have Joe, Quagmire, and Cleveland on Family Guy, here you have a bear, a redneck, and some non-descriptive neighbor guy. You are also missing the Brian character as well. I like the little boy, his sister, and the Mom though. Maybe it's not fair to judge this based on Family Guy but the comparison is going to be made. Let's face it, Family Guy is not funny some time and this was not very funny at all. A little humorous in spots, but that's about it. Thanks for reading...
MNT