The Cleveland Show

Pilot

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Sep 27, 2009 on FOX

4.6
  • Quit whining -- it's better than Family Guy

First of all, someone mentioned that they need to be more like the Simpsons... The Simpsons hasn't been funny since 1997. A lot of people are complaining that the show is too much like Family Guy, because it's a cartoon about a semi-stupid man and his antics with his family. I hate to break it to you, but 99 percent of sitcoms on television have had that same structure. I'm sorry the show doesn't have some mind-blowing, unique plot or structure, but its an animated sitcom.

Family guy has become stale and quite frankly, awful. Two-thirds of the show are gag jokes and there's virtually no plot or actual story worth remembering. Yes, as a spin-off, the Cleveland Show is going to have similarities to Family Guy, but the writing is pretty decent. Not every single joke is the greatest joke ever (that would be impossible) and some do suck, but that's the same with every comedy TV show EVER. The show has gotten better as they develop the characters more and more, and I think people need to stop complaining that it isn't as funny as pre-cancelation Family Guy and learn to like it for what it is. And it's still better than any live action sitcom on television and pretty much any of Adult Swim's original programming.