The Cleveland Show

FOX (ended 2013)

AJMeredith

The Cleveland Show Fan Reviews (114)

5.5
  • Nope...

I'm not surprised it got canceled. Their ratings have never been that good. Plus, I don't even know why they bothered with this spin-off.
  • It was barely watchable for me

While Cleveland was a member of Family Guy, he was usually a voice of reason for Peter's group and was often times calm and patient and passive, which was his charm. But then he got a spin-off.

When Cleveland got his spin-off, he ceased to be the calm, passive guy on from Family Guy. He instead became a lame version of Peter Griffin. Cleveland became stupider, somewhat more hyper, more misogynistic, and even though he was becoming more like Peter Griffin, Cleveland didn't have Peter's own charm as there can be only one Peter Griffin.

I did like the cast of characters in the show, such as Rallo. Rallo was actually kind of funny, but not enough to really make me laugh. I look forward to Cleveland returning to Quahog, but I hope Cleveland gets his old charm back.
  • No Bad show Bad show!

Don't like it.

Don't like it

Don't like it

Not funny, too many race jokes.

Sucks

Sorry Seth

You no fun anymore!
  • why this show got screwed

2.5
    when a show reaches 88 episodes that show has the right to go into any sort of syndication, whether it be first-run syndication or second-run or etc.

and the cleveland show ended exactly at 88 episodes, so that means FOX knew it was gonna be shit anyways and kept renewing seasons to keep Seth happy-happy-joy-joy and tried to make their guap back through syndication deals (which worked best with you-know-it Adult Swim)

shit they even renewed the show for a second season prior to the pilot airing on live tv

then it was clear Seth didn't give two shits about the show when he stopped doing voices for two characters when season 3 came around
  • Please, Seth--Enough Is Enough!

I am relieved that FOX finally got around to cancelling "The Cleveland Show". This is probably because Seth McFarlane wants to concentrate on his other remaining animated stalwarts--"Family Guy" and "American Dad"--as well as focus on his new live action sitcom, "Dads". Thankfully Mr. McFarlane also shuttered the idea of a "Flintstones" reboot.

"The Cleveland Show" was a definite waste of time when I did watch it, as the humor fell flat and was replaced by ethnic jokes. Many of the episodes were also generally boring--"Flush With Genius" being the major exception, only because the series had already been in the creative toilet by the end of Season 3.

If Seth McFarlane ever does a Hispanic version of "Family Guy", I'll be pissed.

UPDATE: I'm too late--Seth MacFarlane is going to do Bordertown, which will be a Latin version of Family Guy. NOW I AM PISSED!
  • Boring most of the times.

2.5
    And stereotypical, I like stereotypical movies like "Norbit", but this doesn't can't give one good stereotypical jokes. I like stereotypes not for discriminating, but for laughs and gags! And the way they portrait the American-Africans around, is offending, to some people however.

Plot: Almost like Family Guy. has lost his own trait to create a good cartoon because of money and greed.

Characters: Cleveland's family in here is the least nice IMO, but the others, are really nice to be shooed away.

Humor: Toilet, insulting stereotypical jokes. Eddie Murphy's movies had some stereotypical jokes referring to blacks, but he's also black! This is a point of advice for him, since you know people these days, and they may get the wrong idea for Seth. He could spark some offensive content or controversy that will be a big problem for his own and what do you know? Maybe black people can start their own crusade against him. *shrug* has also lost it when it comes to humor.

Art: Nothing changed, it's the only one content that wasn't tainted around by Seth's mistakes!

Overall: 2.5. Had some few laughs with this, but other than that, there's nothing else.
  • Yeah, decent spin off, but better off on the original show

I really liked the characters on the show but I think that th characters should have stuck to Family Guy. With Brian dead, I think they should put a popular character (Cleveland) back on an for good this time. Dont get me wrong, the spin off was okay but not as good as Suite Life on Deck good.
  • Kill the show, not the characters

4.5
    The Cleveland Show is unique for all its amazing characters, specially Cleveland, and of course... that's it! The characters are the only thing that made people watch the show. I'm glad it was cancelled, I feel horrible because we may never see The Brown Family, Lester, Gus and others ever again. What a shame, dudes. What a shame.
  • How Sad

The show is longer being made, what a shame, I could see it happening, the episodes were getting worse and not very funny at all.
  • Cleveland Rocks!

Seth McFarlane has done it again! What a genius he is to do a spinoff of Family Guy!
  • Stupidest show ever in the galaxy

I watched one episode: season 4 ep 5. and it felt like I was watching a 3 hour movie. that is how boring it was. I rated this THING a 1 because I really would rather watch blues clues then this peace of trash.

• Better than Family Guy. Not as good as American Dad

This is actually a pretty decent show. I don't get why all the hate comes in. I don't watch it regularly but its still entertaining and somewhat funny. Definitely should check it out if you like Family Guy and American Dad

6/10
  • Did not have a good feeling about this show

Cleveland is my least favorite from the Family Guy friend gang. A spin off of Quagmire or Joe would've been better, cause I love them. Only upside is that it's kinda good to not have Cleveland in Family Guy anymore. And now I'm just talking about him. All the other characters are annoying, especially Rallo. He's annoying as f*ck.
  • It's okay but...

Nowhere near as good as the awesome Family Guy and the mixed American Dad. I think people pick on it a little too much, but I can see why one wouldn't like it.
  • Just Why?

1.5
    Its not the worst show ever made but it still sucks. I already don't like Family Guy so you wouldn't expect me to like this. This wasn't really necessary for this show to be made. All it is is basically an African American version of Family Guy. I'm also kind of offended by some of the jokes they use, becuase some of them are really racist. I'm at least glad that it got cancelled and that Seth MacFarlane's Flinstones reboot got scrapped.
  • First 2 seasons and crap.

Well, I hope that if this show gets cancelled. Seth will once again have 2 shows in his hands and maybe Family Guy could improve.

Fox NUKE this disaster to save Family Guy from its recent flat jokes.

Season 10-11 are garbage.

Both had rating drops.

The Cleveland Show got nuked the hardest.
  • SETH BEST SHOW EVER

BEST SHOW EVER ENOUGH SAID, DID THEY TAKE IT DOWN DUE TO WOMAN ISSUES, BECAUSE CLEVALAND TELLS THE WIFEY WHAT SHE SHOULD BE DOUN ALREADY LOL DUMB FOX IDIOTS I HOPE COMEDY BUYS IT
  • Well, this show is bad...

The title says it all. I miss King of the Hill. Take this sh*tty Cleveland Show off the air and put King of the Hill back on or at least a KOTH spin-off.
  • Makes Family guy seem funny

This show is so bad it makes Family guy look good.
  • Seth, the people have spoken, your show sucks! So get rid of it, now!

I always enjoy the works of Seth MacFarlane and love to watch Family Guy or American Dad but when I heard of The Cleveland Show, a spin off of Family Guy, I was a little worried.I know spin-offs are not as good as the show they come from, but I never thought The Cleveland Show would be this bad. The show's characters are blatant rip-offs of Family Guy and they are unlikeable and Cleveland's new friends are just plain stupid. Rallo is easily the worse member of the family, he tries to be this awesome kid, but in reality he's just an annoying baby with an afro that rivals Shafts. Part of the problem is that everyone can understand Rallo whereas in Family Guy, only Brian understood Stewie, and in some episodes, the show breaks the fourth wall and everyone can understand Stewie, but in Cleveland's show, since everyone can understand Rallo, all his humor is just as dry as the rest of the show. Tim the Bear comes off as a big mistake, some people say he's funny but I have not seen him do a funny moment yet and is whatever humor he tries to do is unfunny. Cleveland Brown JR. was a complete disgrace, I know there was a brief back story as to why he's fat, but I liked him when he was as hyper as Speedy Gonzales not when he was like Fat Albert's idiotic and unfunny cousin. Donna is actually the most tolerable of the family, she rips off Louis but she does provide very few funny moments. Roberta is actually a rip off of Hayley from American Dad, she is just as whiny and unlikeable as her counterpart and she even has a boyfriend who looks almost like Jeff Fisher. The rest of the neighbors are boring and provide no comedy whatsoever. There are too few moments of actual comedy and the rest of the comedy is just way too dry, and I like dry humor. All the plots are uninteresting and the side plots are just as unfunny as the main plot. There are times that some Family Guy cast members make a cameo appearance but I think it's because Seth is trying to make the show funny with their appearance but it fails like the rest of the show. I watched through all the episodes of season 1 of this show and see if it got progressively better like American Dad, but it hasn't at all. Some people argue come on let it grow, you know what? No, I gave this show more than enough chances and it hasn't gotten better. Compare this show to American Dad, in season 1 the show wasn't really funny and at season 2, it got funnier. In The Cleveland Show's case, we have begun season two with humor that is still unfunny and characters that are still boring and flat. It's hard to believe that this show canceled the beloved King of the Hill. In the end, this show just fails on many levels, the characters are rip offs and uninteresting, the plots are unoriginal ,the humor is unfunny and whatever funny moments there are they are too far from each other, and it's just a stupid idea. What idiot at FOX is letting this show stay on the air and why? Someone at FOX needs to cancel this show and put King of the Hill back on the air, that show had better comedy and characters than this drek. Even if you are a huge fan of Seth's works this is one show to avoid at all costs, maybe if we don't watch it, it will end. Let's start that trend to end this show.
  • Not as bad as family guy

This is bad but not as bad as family guy
  • This Show Is the WORST Adult Cartoon Ever AndDefinitely In My Top 5 List In The Worst T.V Shows Ever.. This How Is SO Bad I Could Not Handle The First 5 Minutes...

Seth Macfarlane Thought It Was A Good Idea To Give Cleveland His Own Show Even Though He Is The UnfunniestCharacter Of The Show,Seth Macfarlane Thought That Idea Was Good Because So He Could Put A Ton Of Racist Jokes......

The Thing I Mostly Hate About This Show It Is SO BORING!!!!! This Show is Boring Because ThePlot-lines Are Stupid Boring!!!!!!.....

Second Of All The Jokes... The Jokes Are So Unfunny AND LAME....Even The New FG Episodes Have Better Jokes...The Jokes Are So Unfunny, Beside Most Of Them Are Unfunny Bland Racist Jokes Anyway.............

Lastly, The Characters... None Of Them Are Interesting...Not One Single Of Them And Most Of Them Are Annoying!!!!

Those Are 3 out of 1,000,000,000,000,000 Reasons Why I Hate The Cleveland Show..

I Only Recommend This To Racist No One Else In This Universe!!

• This show is about as funny as child rape

At my age, I'm not a huge Seth MacFarlane fan-I used to laugh my ass off when I first saw Family Guy when I was about 12, but it got old really quickly and the show was never really the same to me after it returned, all I can say is it is watchable unlike how stretched out "The Simpsons" has become. American Dad, I found funny as well when it came out and I still enjoy that as well. When this came out I thought "Oh cool another spinoff"-how stupid was that line of thought?

This show is just a duplicate of "Family Guy" except with Cleveland. All I can say is this show I feel like a bloody animated version of Tyler Perry show-it tries hard to be funny but misses and falls hard on its arse. This show basically has everything "Family Guy" does-minus the comedy-a fat moron father (Peter rubbed off on him), a MILF (only difference is dat ass), a fat moron son, a typical teenage girl, a talking baby, a talking animal (The Bears) and three neighbors to drink with-pretty much the same there. Terrible idea, with even more terrible execution, at least a show that spun-off Quagmire would be something watchable!

I watch this and really, I feel embarrassed watching it because of how pathetic this show is where it's clear the writers are just scraping the bottom of the barrel with these stupid jokes. None of the characters are really even funny, or have anything funny to contribute. The fact this show replaced "King of the Hill's" timeslot amazes me. I get the impression Seth just makes this, laughing "look at these stupid people watching my show".
  • A fair show (UPDATED REVIEW)

I think the Cleveland Show is a fair show. I really do not get the hatred of this episode but oh well, it's everyone's opinion. In my opinion, I don't think the Cleveland Show is bad but it doesn't kick butt like Family Guy and American Dad. There is NO way that this show would be better over those two. If you prefer Cleveland over Family Guy and American Dad (especially for those who are worn out by them), then you must be out of your *Censor* mind. So, about the show, it is when Cleveland moves back to his hometown in Stoolebend, VA and reunite with his high school girlfriend Donna and they get married. As for the characters, they depend. Cleveland Brown is still a funny and enjoyable character but here he changed quite a lot here. He acted more childish and different in this show. I just hope his behavior will change bak to his original when this show ends (and most likely moving back to Quahog). Donna is okay but her quotes/lines seems very repetitive. Cleveland Jr. changed a lot as well; voiced by Kevin M Richardson, wear glasses, and is obese. He is still funny and enjoyable. I am not too fond of Roberta very much but will occasionally be funny. Rallo is the best Tubbs character here. He had a lot of funny lines here. I really enjoyed Cleveland's friends especially Tim the bear. Episodes of the show will range from awful (A Brown Thanksgiving, Men in Me, and Tis the Cleveland to be Sorry), bad (the first episode, Brown History Month, and one more I can't recall), most average, to enjoyable episodes (Brotherly Love, Ain't Nothing but Mustin Bustin, and escape from Gochland). In conclusion, it is okay to hate this show but in my opinion, I just think it is okay and will sometimes watch when bored. 6/10
  • NOT MANY LAUGHS ON NETWORK TV THESE DAYS

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, AT THE PRESENT TIME (JANUARY 2013), THE ONLY FUNNY COMEDIES ON NETWORK TV ARE THE THREE SETH MCFARLANE SHOWS ON FOX, '30 ROCK' ANF 'THE BIG BANG THEORY'.
  • Well...

1.5
    The Cleveland Show is one of FOX's worst shows yet. It is a blatant rip-off of Family Guy and there is nothing original in the show which could make it more interesting for viewers. Let's break this down.

The characters on this show are black versions of the Family Guy characters.

Cleveland - Peter

Donna - Lois

Cleveland Jr. - Chris

Roberta - Meg

Rallo - Stewie.

All the characters are unfunny especially Rallo. He tries to be this 'cooler' version of Stewie but he isn't. The background characters provide no laughs for me either and there is even a bear in this show who acts human which makes no sense.

The plots don't make any sense either and sometimes I feel confused by what is going on in the show.

Seth has already made American Dad which at least had some originality and some of it's own quirks but trying another spin-off is enough. We don't need more versions of Family Guy anymore.

-ayamesushi23
  • The fact that this replaced "King of the Hill" shocks me

Seth Macfarland adds another show to fox focused around Cleveland Brown with his new life away from Quahog married to his old highschool prom date and having two new kids along with his obese one. Just from looking at the premise for this show, I basically knew it yet another family guy but with it's own differences, like American Dad was, from what I thought, what if peter wasn't fat and was a CIA agent. In the Cleveland show, it's just if the family was African-American, the only difference is that its stories and its characters are just BORING, they barely capture my attention and just leave me wishing that I was watching Family Guy. I'm not going to focus to much into the characters because I think almost all of them are just to replace the originals from family guy, but basically it consists of a talking baby, a bitch daughter, a unhealthy fatass for a son, a redneck with a fatass for a daughter, a bear with an accent(yes a bear with an accent) a tough ladies man, and rebel the daughter is dating. You probably would think that these type of characters would make the show interesting, but unfortunately the personalities are so dull and generic, that you should just watch Family Guy if you want almost the same thing, only difference is that Family Guy is funny. And to believe this replaced king of the hill, good god fox, what were you thinking?
  • The Cleveland Bown

I am a BIG FAN and my family and me watched it every night. I realy think you should make more and more and MORE of the episode's. I would love it if you would so would my family thank you.
  • Ethan stark

i don't understand why some people praised this as good show

in fact The Cleveland show is easily become most boring and uninsteresting show of Mac Farlane ever created

this crap just lol a simply imitation of family guy,only make differentiation by the main cast is black guy as the new variation the rest just copying their original series

Cleveland=Peter

Donna=Louise

Roberta=Meg

Cleveland, Jr.=Chris

Rallo=Stewie

it just only lack the family pet (Brian)

the youngest child Rallo easily annoyed me as him totally look imitate Stewie only years older than him but his character totally uninsteresting for me

Cleveland jr for at least show hasimprovisation unlike Chris,Jr more intelligent and aware environment all around him (much like Bart)

i won't deny though family guy itself also said to copied The Simpson however family guy has proven to be more creative than the cleveland itself it has own standing

this show in my opinion just doesn't have a chance,i really it found this boring not only repetitive imitation jokes from original series the theme family has been used many times by other predecesor series such as American dad,Family guy and Simpson

c'mon give us some new theme!!i would like to prefer Fox made another series with no family theme,for example something like Futurama

that more be interesting for me,Quaqmire show actually is quite intriguing

yeah he just rapist but lol Fox,Seth MacFarlne you can make it's hella good i trust you of that

• Huge Fan

I have always been a big cartoon fan and lived family guy from day 1 back in 99 when it first aired. I have never been a huge fan of American dad and therefore figured the cleveland show would be lame as well. However, after accidentally watching an episode a year ago, I found that I have grown to love the characters in this show just as much, if not more than on family guy. Don't judge by watching one episode. Give a few a chance and then see if it grows on you too! I love it and hope to see many seasons in the future.
< 1 2 3 4