The Closer

Aftertaste

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jul 03, 2006 on TNT

• Stimulating, Funny, Surprising

This is the kind of episode that makes this series worth watching, it was very stimulating trying to figure out who-done-it. (I admit, I'm not very good at figuring it out, therefor shows like this always keep me intrigued.)

I thought the subplot of Brenda's 40th birthday was a good one, realistic and funny. I always love it when the group tries to feed her chocolate, or sweets. It's rather humorous. In addition, I loved that the team was trying to figure out why she was acting so 'goofy', it shows their concern and their ever growing trust in her.

I found that this particular eppy was relatively suspenseful as it was difficult to figure out who was the actual culprit, I was surprised in the end at the 'arrest' I really didn't think the mild mannered critic would have the gumption to do something that heinous. Boy was I wrong (see ... I just don't have a knack for the who-dun-it). In anycase, I think all the episodes this season have been well written, and of course Brenda's character is a hoot. I look forward to the next one and the next one ... etc.