The Closer

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Aug 13, 2007 on TNT

• Add two parents, one SWAT detail and a shootout, shake then stir for an awesome episode!!!

This show was fantastic. It was the perfect blend of humor and drama. Brenda's talk with the therapist about how nothing is going on with her expect for the fact that everything is going on was hilarious. Then to go right into being shot at was jaw dropping. The writers know how to lull you into thinking it was going to be a light show, because Brenda could not work any cases and then they turn her into a case. Chief Pope's reaction to Brenda's well being was a bit concerning, I like her and Fritz together and it looks like they are reopening their past personal relationship. The swat guys were the funniest people in this episode; the one guy feelings' being hurt was awesome. My favorite scene was everyone in the bedroom watching the tapes of the victim. The interactions between everyone were so funny. Brenda's parents were great. There needs to be more episodes with the dad, he is probably the only person in the world who could throw Fritz completely off kilter. I was on the edge of my seat during the scene on the elevator, I mean you knew the confession was coming but when she kept asking him why he would want to kill her you could see the conversation wasn't about him; it was about her. Brenda hates to feel vulnerable she uses her southern charm to appear vulnerable to get the information she wants but she cannot deal with being out of control.