The Closer Forums

TNT (ended 2012)

What will become of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson in the last episode

bmoshier

[1]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 46

Hi,

Well, I hoped the series might end with her becoming the Chief of Police with Pope reporting to her, but that is doubtful. Another hope has been she'd take a job offer that would move her into an ever bigger / better law enforcement position, though, I'm not sure what it might be .... Maybe she could join the CBI (California version of the FBI) or a Homeland security position, etc.

How do you see the series ending for Deputy Police Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson?

As the character FBI Special Agent Fritz Howard continues into Major Crimes, I wonder if it means Brenda will continue to live in LA? If the L.A.P.D fires her, I wonder if it is realistic that she would stay in LA.

So, what do you think will happen to Brenda Leigh Johnson in the last episode and afterwards?

I was thinking about including a poll, but honestly don't have enough clues or thoughts to come up with -- what I consider -- good choices.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TressaTurner

[2]Jul 31, 2012
    • level: 1

I think that lawyer, the one who was called "The One That Got Away" - is going to turn up again at the very end and I believe that Brenda (with really nothing else to lose at this point) is going to kill him. The reasoning is the commercials where we can hear a gun shot, I believe it's Rayder who says to Brenda "Oh Chief" and everyone looks so disappointed as she leaves in the back seat of a black vehicle. I hope I'm wrong.

The writers have really gone crazy on this poor character for this final season. It's as if they are just destroying her, professionally and personally, bit by bit. Pope's really turned on her. Perhaps she's hoping for an Emmy with all this drastic acting. If so, she does deserve it in my opinion.

MaggieScarbo

[3]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 1
    Spoiler alert: I just watched The View and Kyra was a guest. She told people she was fired at the end. I just don't get why all the hell has fallen upon her. She was THE CLOSER... the one who closed cases for the LAPD! I don't know why they have to destroy her at the end of this series. I like Capt. Raydor and will attempt to watch Major Crimes, but I may not be able to do that. I was shocked that Brenda's mother died. I thought if anything, the writers would say she needed to move back to Atlanta to help her mother out for a while after her father died. But no, they're not content to bring Brenda Leigh to some sort of easy ending... they've got to humiliate her! I don't like it one little bit. I've watched this show faithfully for all 7 seasons and I think the writers have made big mistakes with this kind of ending. I'm surprised Kyra went along with the script.

bmoshier

[4]Aug 7, 2012

Yeah, I don't like the idea of her being fired, but .... maybe worse is her going to prison for murder, herself.

It is my understanding Kyra wants the season to be about love and loss. Basically, we're suppose to see what she loves and then see her lose it, too.

This is NOT how I want to see the series end. It will leave me unsatisfied and unhappy with Chief Pope, but I won't be blaming the other characters.

HONESTLY, if you look at the history of the character she leaves one job (it seems) under some cloud or issue, though, I don't think she was ever fired from one of her previous jobs. As for how I wanted to see the character go out . . . .

I wanted to see her called to a high duty, such as being needed to help close for the DOD, Homeland Security, or even return to the beginning with the C.I.A.

Of course, those can't work because Fritz is in Major Crimes, which means she can't leave L.A.

So, how do I now see it ending given this "Love and Loss" and how the writers are playing home and work off of each other (e.g. good home event -> bad work; bad home -> good work, etc) plus she would be with Fritz .... Well, looks like she becomes a stay at home wife and who knows Mother (though there isn't a lot of time or foundation for this to occur).

On the other hand, maybe she killing and going to prison, which IMHO would really be a sorrowful way to end the series. It would, though, meet the previews, keep Fritz in L.A. / C.A., so he can visit his jail bird, lifer, wife.

------

No, from what I'm reading the last episode might be best left unwatched and "Armed Response" be the final series episode for some people. Only time, though, will tell the tale on if this is really the case . . .

Edited on 08/07/2012 4:57am
    Edited 2 total times.

sshan39

[5]Aug 7, 2012
    • level: 7

I think she will go be with her Dad. Maybe get a job out there. Hopefully she gets the guys that alluded her in the past first. I am really not liking Pope and hpw he is treating her. So sad when she lost her mom.I wonder if she was sick and thats what she wanted to tell her.

Genzie

[6]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 12
    I really don't hope she is going to jail. That would be a shame. BUT, it would make sense in a way. The woman who closed so many cases herself...causes one herself. Something like that.

BUT I hope she is going to work somewhere else along with Gabriel. She told him that she can't work without him..so they will both leave.

It has been confirmed she isn't dying, and she isn't going to break up with Fritz, so going to jail - or finding another job are the only options imo.

sshan39

[7]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 7

I like that idea Genzie! Taking Gabriel with her! Perfect! I still think she will go to be with her dad though.

Genzie

[8]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 12
    I wouldn't mind her leaving because of her dad. It would make sense aswell, and they can just say it's for a few weeks/month and that she will have a long distant relationship with Fritz for that while. That way she can still do guest spots for Major Crimes if she is town with Fritz. I love that idea aswell. I just hope she isn't going to jail because of that Philip Strow guy...that way, he wins anyway. And getting fired is not something she deserves. I can't wait!

bmoshier

[9]Aug 9, 2012

sshan39 wrote:

I think she will go be with her Dad. Maybe get a job out there. Hopefully she gets the guys that alluded her in the past first. I am really not liking Pope and how he is treating her. So sad when she lost her mom.I wonder if she was sick and thats what she wanted to tell her.

I thought that, too, till I noticed Fritz is part of Major Crimes and while husband / wife teams do live separately without breaking up for awhile, i do hope their marriage isn't what breaks in the last episode.

Canada_Michael

[10]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 10
    I really don't think Gabriel would want to join Brenda anywhere. They both know she knew what was going to happen by leaving the guy in front of his house, & Gabriel is still not happy with the decision she made IMO. She is a loose canon who would eventually impact his career, no matter where they wound up. Brenda is good at what she does but she's human, & it's only a matter of time until she makes a serious error she can't get out of.

Going to be with her father seems too obvious, & isn't her fathers Dr. in LA now? The Dr. that improved his heath so much in such a short time, I doubt she would want to leave knowing that.