The Closer

Heart Attack

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Aug 09, 2010 on TNT

• Marred by irritating camerawork.

One can only endure so much irritating shaky cam, jump cuts, swooping zooms, and nauseating camera movement. Handheld cameras may be the trend, but it is not entertainment to misuse them. Attention deficit disorder viewers might be amused. But I am not.

The script may have been good, and the acting excellent - if I could endure watching it.

Perhaps the director and editor thought it looks good on their teeny computer monitors. But on an 8 ft. HDTV, it is abysmal.

If this keeps up, I predict that this show is heading for the scrap heap.

It's not good enough to just listen to it, as a "radio show".

I hope that they find money in the budget to buy some tripods and meds to calm the tremors.
  • My favorite episode out of all The Closers, very intense! (no spoilers)

I figured out who was behind the murders before the team did, but it wasn't that difficult. If a high-quality show makes guessing the guilty party too easy, there's something else going on. And what went on after they solved the case was VERY intense! Brenda, Gabriel, and Flynn were torn apart by the decisions they had to make while obtaining the murder confession in a setting I've never seen before. My stomach was tight while they thought over what to do.

I'm not going to give spoilers, but I will say that I'd love to see the trial for this case, but wouldn't want to be one of the jurors!

There's another storyline going on during all of this. They built it up slowly, made us angry that it was going on, even though logically we knew it should be looked into. I had tears during the big scene, even though we could see it was for the best, but it was obvious how heart-broken someone was.

The elevator scene was awesome, and I hope to see many more stories follow up on it.
MNT