The Closer

Live Wire

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Aug 04, 2008 on TNT

• Wow. I mean really. Wow.

What she does to Fritz is what she's always doing to Fritz. And in fact, it's the sort of thing where he overhelped. I think he might've been trying to impress her a little bit with taking her into the secure area, showing her the big board connecting everyone to everyone, and then letting her handle the Big Book.

ooooo...

And yeah, she withheld an address and swooped in herself because she isn't stupid and she knows how this works. She gets a murderer and he rots in jail, but the FBI gets a low-level drug dealer to get at the higher-level folks and then releases him.

So, Fritz has every right to be extraordinarily pissed off, and he might well be heading to a meeting, or even two. But while he's absolutely correct that if he'd pulled that skite on Brenda she'd have changed the locks and sent him packing, he's gotta realize that maybe she wouldn't first have dangled a pre-closed case down his throat.

There's some huge unfinished business between Gabriel and Daniels. It's almost certainly bigger than a breakup. My guess is that that's not the last we'll see of it. :oops:

I loved Tau's "blowback detector." And I loved Sanchez trying to put up with Flynn and Provenza.

Flynn: "I'm using my head as an antenna. It increases the range of this thing by 100 feet."
    Sanchez: "I ... don't care."

Good episode. Not great. It feels really like the first of a two-parter, but I have no idea where else they would go with this particular story, unless the wife is involved somehow. She was unnecessarily ... present in the murder room (do they have any security in that building at all?)

Oh well. I'm sure they'll come up with something. I'm already on the edge of my seat. :)
MNT